Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Two quotes in the quote thread. This is the high point of my week.

E: and a page snype, I'm king of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Segmentation Fox posted:

That's not smoke, it's steam!

From the steamed clams!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Protagonist posted:

what's wrong with ops posting??

Burt Sexual posted:

What’s right with it?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Push El Burrito posted:

Ghosts are very real and if you're not incredibly careful they will steal food off your plate and fly off into the heavens.

Edit: I just googled it and those are seagulls. I apologize to ghosts, I have educated myself, and I will strive to do better in the future.

(guess the thread)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hahahaha I was spot on

I don't even follow that thread but I just knew somehow

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Does that mean Incredible Hulk is...:gay:

"That's my secret Cap... I'm always FABULOUS"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You thought his pants being purple was a coincidence? They've been telling us for years

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was the one time that Banner saw a rainbow and turned into the Hulk.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was the one time that Banner saw a rainbow and turned into the Hulk.

"T-two rainbows? Rrrg... RRGG... WHAT IT MEAN?!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hulks out when he finds rainbows are circles

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Milo and POTUS posted:

"RAAAARGH HULK SHOULD KNOW BETTER AS WEAK BANNER DEALS WITH ENERGY WAVES AND PARTICLES AS HIS PROFESSION! BUT THIS KNOWLEDGE STILL CONFUSES AND ANGERS HULK! HULK SMASH PUNY SPECTRUM!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

"T-two rainbows? Rrrg... RRGG... WHAT IT MEAN?!"

The Phantom is back on Gullique island :pirate:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Milo and POTUS posted:

Rainbows are really trippy if you really think about what they are and how they function. The image we see is made up of sunlight reflected off water droplets suspended/falling in the atmosphere (which is why the sun is always behind you when you're looking at a rainbow) which are actually bouncing off in every direction but the parts visible to you are the ones which happened to bounce exactly in your direction so they're not just a circle, they're a gigantic cone of sparkling radiance which is several kilometres wide at the widest section and the point is always exactly where your eyeballs are, all of which is caused by a massive 150 million km wide ball of burning plasma which is exactly opposite that huge cone of light. If you move around you're making that specific gigantic cone which only you can see move around as well because the point is always centred on your eyeballs, wherever they happen to be. Everyone else who looks at the rainbow is seeing a different cone of multi-coloured reflected light which is pointed directly at their eyeballs, because no one can see the same rainbow from the same perspective as anyone else.

:okpos::catdrugs::2bong:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Not necessarily a funny quote but I liked it and agreed with it.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

For real. I'll be saying this until I'm blue in the face, but Cinema Sins has convinced people that not being media literate is just as good as being media literate and speaking as somebody who used to watch movies and television this way before film school shook that impulse out of me, it is 100% the least productive possible way to make yourself feel smarter.

When you watch things looking for things to complain about, you're engaging with insecurity. The need to feel smarter than the creators of the things you're trying to enjoy does not make you so. And worse yet, you will never enjoy absolutely anything because you'll be too busy looking for ways to feel smart.

The funny thing is, it wasn't learning more about film that made me stop, though that didn't hurt. It was the sheer number of useless people in film school who do this showing me how annoying I must've been to be so angry and judgmental about things I could never hope to make myself.

They'll read scripts or watch student films and fixate on an unimportant detail or willfully misunderstand important ones and then loudly announce to everybody that the thing you made is bad because the toothpaste tube in the heroin addict's bathroom was brand new and unopened. And whether you explain back to them that this was a deliberate choice made for whatever reason or you tell them the toothpaste is unimportant entirely, their goal isn't to help. It's to feel smart. By tearing people down. And these people never, never, never make anything good. Or in many cases, anything at all.

They want you to write their script for them. They tell you they're a "big picture person," making you the small picture person doing all the real work. They'll pitch you movies you've already seen and when you point that out, in a move of pure projection, they tell you that you just want to tear things down.

To the man they all want to direct, but don't have any idea what that means, because they think it's just telling everybody what you want and then yelling at them when you don't get it, completely misunderstanding that the captain of a ship has to understand the jobs of literally everybody else on said ship and the ins and outs of the ship itself. They'll have no idea how to talk to the DP and they never, ever storyboard anything. If you're lucky enough to get a shot list out of them, they'll hand you 40 shots to do in three hours. When you explain that it can't be done, they yell at you.

They all love Quentin Tarantino and when you try to teach them good principles of filmmaking, they say "Quentin breaks rules all the time," again not understanding that Tarantino knows every single principle of filmmaking inside and out so he can break them effectively. So they spend two-to-four years telling the people they themselves are paying to teach them that they don't know anything useful.

And they're always men and boys. Because nobody else gets rewarded for aggressive mediocrity to the point that they have a clear path to become this person.

So, yeah, if something egregiously breaks its own rules? You're allowed to notice that and not like it. But don't be this person.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Moon Slayer posted:

Not necessarily a funny quote but I liked it and agreed with it.

I dunno, a guy who hates people who consume media solely to look for things to complain about it consuming an internet critic solely to complain about it is pretty funny. As is the idea that they were willing to devote countless years of their life and thousands of dollars to film school without doing an ounce of research to see what film school was actually like and then when they arrive and found it to be the den of failchildren and narcissists like it literally always has been they blame it on the internet man who talk about movie wrong way.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shut up sleeveless

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sleeveless posted:

I dunno, a guy who hates people who consume media solely to look for things to complain about it consuming an internet critic solely to complain about it is pretty funny. As is the idea that they were willing to devote countless years of their life and thousands of dollars to film school without doing an ounce of research to see what film school was actually like and then when they arrive and found it to be the den of failchildren and narcissists like it literally always has been they blame it on the internet man who talk about movie wrong way.

Guy Mann you are the single most miserable, whiny, impossible-to-like pain in the rear end on these dead forums. If your goal is to make everyone hate you then congrats although I don't know why you settled on that for a gimmick. If not, how have you not been beaten up by a complete stranger for being the dictionary definition of insufferable?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Gatekeeper posted:

Steal a friend's car and try to bury it in the sand on the beach.

After a long night of drinking with some friends, we got the brilliant idea to steal and bury our mutual friend's 1987 Chevy Caprice. We stole the car (I still don't know why my friend Chris knew how to hotwire a car but from what I recall it was pretty easy, I think he used a screwdriver to start it) and got it to the beach when we realized that digging a hole large enough to hold a car was going to be pretty much impossible. Then we realized just how hosed up it would be to bury her car in the sand. We figured we'd just bring the car back, but it was completely stuck in the sand at that point and with the tide coming in, we couldn't figure out what to do. We left it there and swore not to say anything, figuring someone would find it and report it and the cops would be able to get it out. We were right, the cops managed to get it off the sand, but because we had left it on the sand during low tide the car suffered some pretty significant water damage once the tide came in. She still has no idea who took the car.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann was created when his mother said "um, actually" at the moment of conception

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FactsAreUseless posted:

Guy Mann was created when his mother said "um, actually" at the moment of conception

Lmao

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Guy Mann was created when his mother said "oh god gross ew" at the moment of conception

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Guy Mann you are the single most miserable, whiny, impossible-to-like pain in the rear end on these dead forums. If your goal is to make everyone hate you then congrats although I don't know why you settled on that for a gimmick. If not, how have you not been beaten up by a complete stranger for being the dictionary definition of insufferable?

I knew someone like that for a while, they’re incapable of checking themselves around others so eventually they become addicted to the negative attention and lean into their bad attitudes instead

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

A man is birthed, but Mann was discharged.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

there's a hole in my butt
that can only be filled
byyyyy soap

That seems kind of extreme.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Oxxidation posted:

I knew someone like that for a while, they’re incapable of checking themselves around others so eventually they become addicted to the negative attention and lean into their bad attitudes instead

Don't dox me

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

The funniest thing about Guy Mann is that Guy Mann thinks they're funny

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Memento posted:

what the everloving gently caress am I looking at here

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
:sniff:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

A 65-year-old man was shot dead on Thanksgiving by a booby trap he set up to protect his home from intruders. Ronald Cyr triggered the homemade device which fired a handgun at anyone attempting to enter through the door. He managed to dial 911 to report that he had been shot at the house in Van Buren, Maine on Thursday evening.

President Beep posted:

in free maine, home owns you!!!!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Regalingualius posted:

For 200 years you’ve been asking: Who is Dominic Deegan? This is Dominic Deegan speaking.

*proceeds to fart for six hours straight*

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Trabant posted:

You ever count how many people are in Maroon 5? Or Ben Folds Five?

Jose Valasquez posted:

If you think that's disappointing wait until you see the Barenaked Ladies

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Enfield posted:

what if there were sea lions, but on land

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1201635678804725761?s=19

Hell yeah, back to fighting a trade war with the whole world.

SardonicTyrant posted:

"Mr President we need to change the diaper. Please stop peeing"

"Stop the oui oui. Got it"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh yeah, Enfield. I always forget that guy kinda flamed out.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

bird with big dick posted:

I deducted the cost of my roomba from my taxes because I glued a dildo to it and it motors around in the background while I’m broadcasting on my chaturbate channel.

e: sorry wrong thread

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tppVfIAKRZM

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm not sure how to quote from a locked thread on the awful app but can someone link Spins' gong show of a GBS performance last night?

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905489

Outrail has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Dec 4, 2019

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Is there anything worth quoting in those 9 pages?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

how fey am I? hmm let me think
* weigh -5 pounds
* parents are both dread queen Felurian (long story)
* wear gossamer silken robe to work every day
* have the word "whimsy" instead of a mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Is there anything worth quoting in those 9 pages?

Not individually. The whole being greater than the sum yada yada. Someone got drunk and for some reason the forums lost their minds. Mostly because gbs is full of thirsty thirsty goons.