Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
This poo poo is horrifying:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seems pretty unsurprising that most modern Republicans would have a problem with the emancipation proclamation.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
How about extending the voting period to a week with "Election Day" being just "vote counting day". On top of nationwide mail-in ballots and early voting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

edit beaten

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dunno who I'd rather have. Those guys or these chucklefucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyRmsdzJjI4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhD_5T4F7aw

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A lot of Trump supporters are the type to get mad about razing Confederate statues.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Behold, the results of gutting public ed and homeschooling

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s not that they necessarily think that’s the truth, but that they view it as a chance to score a win over their enemies or to frustrate the enemies they think are asking the question. They would feel as if they had lost standing were they to be forced into saying something that diminishes Trump, so they refuse to give ground.

I guess it’s not that they’re poorly educated, but that they don’t care about truth any more and see it as infinitely malleable to serve their needs.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yay, accelerationism. Surely if the Republican Party do more and more horrible things, the American people will wake up and cast them out! Any day now.

A medical resignation would be ideal. Republicans don’t have time to run primaries so they’d have to go with stuffed-suit Pence.

I read their post more as a simple but brutal math equation. They bet that there are more "independents" that are actually skeeved-out Republicans than there are Trump acolytes who would only vote if Trump is on the ballot. If that hypothesis is correct, then we would be in better shape with Trump as the nominee than Pence.

Whether or not it's true is another question.

E: I mean, Lincoln is the only President so liberal that wealthy conservatives started a war to escape him.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Trump has naturally been told about that poll:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1200917908135825408

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

im the 6% of dems who think trump is a better president than lincoln

e: also why is poo poo like that being polled in the first place?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Doctor Teeth posted:

dixiecrats who never changed their registration

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Doctor Teeth posted:

6% of dems are Kim Davis still fighting the war.

Edit: gently caress you Tarezax haha

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1200922099356962817

So what's the bet he pulls out of NATO entirely. If he's going to this himself it's either to demand more money (again) or threaten to pull the US out of the treaty.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The core of the GOP is the old Southern aristocracy and segregationists so of course they think Trump is better than Lincoln. They think any president is better than Lincoln.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
so is Trump just pretending to do work now or

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/C_Stroop/status/1200466770710024192?s=19

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Amazing Zimmo posted:

So what's the bet he pulls out of NATO entirely. If he's going to this himself it's either to demand more money (again) or threaten to pull the US out of the treaty.
It's hilarious that the Tories are already begging him not to publicly endorse Boris Johnson or support Brexit while he's over here, because Trump is so loving hated by the majority of Brits that his mere presence is likely to lose the Tories a point or two right before an election.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Millennials Have a Right To Be Pissed at Boomers. This Data Proves It.
vice.com/Nov 28 2019
"Just how badly are millennials being screwed out of wealth? Let’s take a look at the data."

Fears over rising far-right extremism in New Jersey after growing number of arrests
independent.co.uk/12 hours ago
"The arrests of the two men rocked law enforcement officials in Sussex County, raising fears that far-right extremism had crept into this sleepy, rural area in New Jersey."

The Frightening Rise In Low-Quality, Low-Paying Jobs: Is This Really A Strong Job Market?
forbes.com/Nov 25, 2019
'There is a big disconnect. The reality for most people is inconsistent with the employment figures. Stories of job seekers spending an exceedingly long period of time searching for a suitable job, lackluster salary offers, relatively small wage increases for employees and the rapid growth of gig-economy jobs—such as Uber and Lyft drivers, Instacart shoppers and DoorDashers—repudiate the “best job market ever” narrative.'

There’s no other way to explain Trump’s immigration policy. It’s just bigotry.
washingtonpost.com/Opinion/November 25, 2019
"There’s no other way to explain the Trump administration’s latest onslaught against foreigners of all kinds, regardless of their potential economic contributions, our own international commitments or any given immigrant’s propensity to follow the law. Trump’s rhetoric may focus on “illegals,” but recent data releases suggest this administration has been blocking off every available avenue for legal immigration, too."

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Not sure if cutting the NASA 0g training budget was a good idea. Maybe more taxes?

https://i.imgur.com/TScxoiB.mp4

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1200889893280501761

Somewhere out there Pence is shedding a tear... and readying his rear end in a top hat for some horse dick.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Payndz posted:

It's hilarious that the Tories are already begging him not to publicly endorse Boris Johnson or support Brexit while he's over here, because Trump is so loving hated by the majority of Brits that his mere presence is likely to lose the Tories a point or two right before an election.

They should keep begging. That'll get them to stop :getin:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I'm hopeful that we'll keep seeing steps toward more equitable policies like this!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ummel posted:

Why it's important to not signal boost by dunking on idiots all day long. I mean, I do it too, so I'm also guilty. But every shitpost I make on Facebook with Kent State Girl or Internet Libertarian just raises their dumb profile. These people are nothing without controversy because their views are poo poo and they're boring.

It’s also important to not use Facebook or instagram because every ad impression is more money for Facebook to donate to holding parties in kavanaugh’s honor and buying more anti-regulation votes.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I dunno if this is true everywhere but so many trump supporters I run into are profoundly angry people. That's his appeal (and he has a media apparatus reinforcing it). And Trump's election hasn't made any of them happier or improved their lives in a meaningful way.

But it doesn't say a great thing about our society if a huge chunk of it is extremely angry. And that's before we get into the huge chunk of the population that is addicted to opioids and alcohol.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Doctor Teeth posted:

Headlines. It really is a dumb poll; of course when you dare Trump loyalists to out-loyal each other in a way that doesn't cost them anything, they're gonna do it.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
How are you fucks not talking about this:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1200927741161476096?s=21

https://twitter.com/kallllisti/status/1200940689149722630?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pica is a symptom of mid to late stage dementia.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Otteration posted:

The Frightening Rise In Low-Quality, Low-Paying Jobs: Is This Really A Strong Job Market?
forbes.com/Nov 25, 2019
'There is a big disconnect. The reality for most people is inconsistent with the employment figures. Stories of job seekers spending an exceedingly long period of time searching for a suitable job, lackluster salary offers, relatively small wage increases for employees and the rapid growth of gig-economy jobs—such as Uber and Lyft drivers, Instacart shoppers and DoorDashers—repudiate the “best job market ever” narrative.'

Something I see is that instead of having several highly educated expensive proffesionals, now instead you have like one or two but they support them with low paid contract workers. The professionals supervise, train, and monitor the contract workers who do all the lovely parts of the jobs at a low wage. Then if the organization needs to replace the professionals they have a pool of people already trained, that they can pay less because they likely don't have the credentials or degree of the person that trained them.

It is really quite hosed.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I hate to say it, but I think it kind of speaks for itself. I'm more worried for Joe Biden than anything else at this point.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

This isn't the primary thread.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

It can also manifest during pregnancy.

Hunter might have a new sibling on the way.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Amazing Zimmo posted:

It can also manifest during pregnancy.

Hunter might have a new sibling on the way.

Biden’s only reproduce if you get them wet

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Otteration posted:

Not sure if cutting the NASA 0g training budget was a good idea. Maybe more taxes?

https://i.imgur.com/TScxoiB.mp4

I want to point out that every year the US Air Force gets more than 8 times the NASA budget, and they spend a comparable amount (2/3rds) on their own space program, making them the second largest space agency in the world.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

I have Pica and this is not Pica.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Well... gosh. Genuinely never thought I'd see the day.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
is there any context to that biden clip or is his brain just cat food

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Strange Poon posted:

is there any context to that biden clip or is his brain just cat food

Cat food is good for cats. Bidens brain is good for nothing.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Note Block posted:

I have Pica and this is not Pica.

It's pica chew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

i think its possible. if he gets pissy enough he might just to get "positive" news and will justify it later.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1200889893280501761

Somewhere out there Pence is shedding a tear... and readying his rear end in a top hat for some horse dick.

mormons have always changed to survive and will probably be "ok" with LGBT folks in the next 50 or so years if not sooner.