Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

God, operant and Stokoe working together would just be the world's raddest Where's Waldo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
This game looks loving incredible.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Phy posted:

God, operant and Stokoe working together would just be the world's raddest Where's Waldo

Solomon Search

It’s a double page spread full of beefcakes with smug smiles, but only one is the real bad dad.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
Wait so is white chain the reincarnation of some prime angel, or a fragment of one, or was she created later? I forget how the whole angel reincarnation numbering thing works

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

No, White Chain is just White Chain. At one point they were 81 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil. Now after reincarnating they are 82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil.

Edit: To add more I think some angels went off to the void and some remained in throne after YISUN's death. The ones who stayed got really big and became prime angels.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

animist posted:

Wait so is white chain the reincarnation of some prime angel, or a fragment of one, or was she created later? I forget how the whole angel reincarnation numbering thing works

every angel is a reincarnation of a prime angel, a prime angel is an un-reincarnated angel.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh gently caress me then I thought the prime angels were like... Michael and poo poo, ignore me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Glagha posted:

Oh gently caress me then I thought the prime angels were like... Michael and poo poo, ignore me.

if it helps, the only known prime angel so far is metatron. since he has never reincarnated, he knew things like the name of god from which the key of kings was made. presumably if he was killed he would lose that knowledge when he comes back

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

on further inspection no, you were closer to being right than I was

quote:

Q

Anonymous asked:

What differentiates the Prime Angels from the rest? What's the dividing line?
A

The Primes were those left in Throne to guard it from intrusion after the Gods committed self annihilation. Being immortal, all angels are the same age, but unlike the angels in the void, the Primes’ vigil of Throne meant they never reincarnated - at least until Zoss showed up.

This means their first incarnation lasted an exceptionally long time (just check with 2 Michael), and they are almost a direct line between the Gods and their creation. They are looked upon with reverence, as saints or holy martyrs by the rest of the angelic order.

Of course, Metatron lives, as they say.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Basically, the higher their number the more stupid risks and headlong charges into danger they take. According to the gossiping angel guards, White Chain has the highest one.

This angel knew a previous White Chain.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

White Chain has died more than anyone else in defense of Throne, but it's possible other angels have died more for different reasons.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

White Chain has died more than anyone else in defense of Throne, but it's possible other angels have died more for different reasons.

I'm sure there was at least one Petal Knight who just thought it seemed fun.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Somehow I made it to Round 5, got matched up with Tanri. Let's see what the round gimmick is-

:shepicide:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Amazing use of the Sekiro death screen.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

3 posted:

Somehow I made it to Round 5, got matched up with Tanri. Let's see what the round gimmick is-

Alergic reaction to the post-combat friendship Wendis?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no updates til mid december because he's on a HONEYMOON?! :cry:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yes? Is that so shocking?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i shall be writing a firmly-worded letter to his manager

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

people getting married, smooching each other, having a holiday to commemorate the occasion, it's unheard of!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hey he gave us Allicio before going in break, you should have plenty horny to sustain you.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like for a couple of contestants, that rule shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Good, he deserves a break.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

If you are really jonesing for content and can't wait till mid-december, I must remind anyone not yet on the 3 train or that might be skipping through the thread to read about the actual comic updates, that an entire ring of power worth's of short comics, 116 in all, are on the officially Abbadon-sanctioned Ring of Power discord, with the semifinals happening now! [go 3!]

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Synthbuttrange posted:

Don't tell the Patreon guy, he will flip his poo poo

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Synthbuttrange posted:

Would it make you feel better if I said it's a Kung Fu Honeymoon?

The check-in clerk is the first boss, then the bellhop, the maid, and finally that old couple you always meet on vacation at breakfast.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like for a couple of contestants, that rule shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

Indeed. For those not aware, the other two who moved on and are facing each other are Ra'akshi and the Jolly King. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Fei and Tanri, but for those two, it's going to be violent I imagine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SardonicTyrant posted:

Would it make you feel better if I said it's a Kung Fu Honeymoon?
Is that the sequel to Kung Fu Hustle?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Roland Jones posted:

Indeed. For those not aware, the other two who moved on and are facing each other are Ra'akshi and the Jolly King. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Fei and Tanri, but for those two, it's going to be violent I imagine.

After the reveal that JK can sorta regenerate using his subjects I can only imagine it ends in full-on body horror.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

3 posted:

hope one of the four manages to find a way to work in friendship through death, out of spite

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Synthbuttrange posted:

well make that yet another of my follows on hold

at least The Gods Are Bastards and Ward are still being updated (and I'm catching up on TWI)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

3 posted:

if its any comfort i am making offerings to hansa, prat pravam, and pree aesma for li feitian's success

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

3 posted:

You could have your opponent get trapped in a pocket universe where time moves faster, so that they lead a happy life and end up dying of old age.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So who set up the ring of worms? Was it a fan creation, or set up by Abbadon?

Edit: Now that I think about it, does the winner of the RoP get their character made canon?

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 1, 2019

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like that everyone was being so gentle and nice that abbadon had to lean down over his tablet and snarl "kill"

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

thechosenone posted:

Edit: Now that I think about it, does the winner of the RoP get their character made canon?

I can only hope that is one of the eventualities :ohdear:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

i like that everyone was being so gentle and nice that abbadon had to lean down over his tablet and snarl "kill"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thechosenone posted:

I thought that was the whole point?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid posted:

To be fair, the last round he made it so they couldn't fight; a few of those entries, at least, probably would have been quite different otherwise.

Also, amusingly enough, neither Fei nor Tanri have been killed in opponent submissions, if I'm remembering correctly, and Tanri's never even been significantly hurt, so regardless of who wins this will be the first round for both of them where an entry sees them dead.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure both Ra'akshi and Jolly King have been killed at least twice, each. It just hasn't stuck, though obviously that's going to change now.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Fei got killed by SolDave in the 2 person team-up I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

nimby posted:

Fei got killed by SolDave in the 2 person team-up I think.

https://imgur.com/a/ZAsM6jf

In the epilogue it is revealed that Fei survived the disassemby of Jade Rabbit.