Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
The only thing I know about Guy Fierieieir is that he doesn't drive that car of his across the country. It's transported from town to town by truck, parked around the corner from whatever place he's going to visit, and then he drives around the block for the b-roll footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

packetmantis posted:

Lot of Fieri fans in this thread!!

It's not surprising. The dude is pretty cool.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6zuii2OLI

The comments have other St. Fieri anecdotes.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

he apparently used to genuinely be very, very weird about gay people and there's some pretty bad stories from his show. it also seems to be a situation he responded to by going "man i was acting like an rear end in a top hat, i should stop that" and doing better.

it's worth lauding him for doing better, but that doesn't mean you should erase him having been lovely in the past.
PERSON A: this guy is a homophobe [editor's note: "is" verb form indicates "currently, actively in the present"]
PERSON B: no he isn't [provides proof that guy fieri is not homophobic]
YOU: well i heard rumors that he USED to be, and we better not erase that!!

i don't get it
as a queer trans i do not understand the point of this post if it's not "no one can EVER improve and the very IDEA of somebody learning not to be an rear end in a top hat is stupid, ALWAYS remind people that once an rear end in a top hat is always an rear end in a top hat" which is downright misanthropic

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Truly Guy Fieri is the most controversial topic on the forums

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh yeah? How tall is he?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

packetmantis posted:

Really, if he’s a lovely person I’d like to know about it. That’s why I keep asking you for examples.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

InediblePenguin posted:

i don't get it
as a queer trans i do not understand the point of this post if it's not "no one can EVER improve and the very IDEA of somebody learning not to be an rear end in a top hat is stupid, ALWAYS remind people that once an rear end in a top hat is always an rear end in a top hat" which is downright misanthropic

But have you considered that making GBS threads on people is fun and makes me feel good?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
guy fieri's hair my look stiff, even crispy due to hair products, but actually his hair is smooth as hell

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
even assuming he's not a lovely person he's fun to make fun of because he's a big dumb goofy idiot, and goons love to hate him for whatever reason goons hate things

he annoys the gently caress outta me by being his obnoxious persona but props to him if he learned poo poo and grew up

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Guy Fieri is a sandwich?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

guy fieri's hair my look stiff, even crispy due to hair products, but actually his hair is smooth as hell

It's true. It's almost as smooth as a shark, and his failure to reach shark levels of smoothness with his hair haunts him.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

i don't get it

If we're doing this now, I'm an intersex lesbian and I don't want to be around a dude who has ever been a gross homophobe. But you do you.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

packetmantis posted:

If we're doing this now, I'm an intersex lesbian and I don't want to be around a dude who has ever been a gross homophobe. But you do you.

i don't feel like i'm "being around" guy fieri when somebody posts about him on the internet, and my feelings on being around anyone who used to be *phobic in general are too complex to be safe to discuss on the internet, but you're allowed to have your own feelings about it so that's ok

e: i didn't be "as a queer trans" to provide my argument with moral weight, but to preempt inevitable "well cishet men don't care about those things" assumptions

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 00:32 on Dec 2, 2019

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

packetmantis posted:

You asked for him to be cancelled. I'm not going to participate in that on nothing more than the sayso of one internet stranger.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm going to chime in to say that if we're going to judge people purely on the actions in the past, regardless of whether they've taken time to improve in the present, then almost nobody on these forums is a good or even passable person.

Not wanting to be around someone that did these things is certainly valid, but I also feel that it's kind of something to consider on a case-by-case basis rather than a blanket sort of thing. Like, there are certain people I would never let back into my life but there are other people that have genuinely tried to become better people.

I'm totally not trying to invalidate what anybody is saying, this is just how I feel about it.

Another trans queer here, if that matters.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Just wanted to chime in and say it’s nice to hear some people are open to the thought that a person can change and better themselves.

Also I just realized that Guy Fieri with normal hair is all of middle America’s dad.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Guy Fieri is not your uncle who said some hosed up poo poo and was straightened out. He's a celebrity whose entire image is carefully curated. Of course if someone says he's a bigot his marketing team is going to scramble to "fix" it and make him palatable to viewers again. I genuinely don't understand why people are treating him like a personal friend.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

packetmantis posted:

Guy Fieri is not your uncle who said some hosed up poo poo and was straightened out. He's a celebrity whose entire image is carefully curated. Of course if someone says he's a bigot his marketing team is going to scramble to "fix" it and make him palatable to viewers again. I genuinely don't understand why people are treating him like a personal friend.

Post the hosed up poo poo that he said, then.

Seriously, you've given us absolutely nothing other than "I heard that he's bad". That's not actionable.

OTOH, I'm delighted to be wrong about who exactly Peter FitzSimmons is. He is a Good Tweeter. https://twitter.com/Peter_Fitz

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's like reading an old diary where people are lost in a desert and the entries are becoming more and more desperate but the desert is guy fieri talk

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Post the hosed up poo poo that he said, then.

Seriously, you've given us absolutely nothing other than "I heard that he's bad". That's not actionable.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=guy+fieri+misogyny

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=guy+fieri+homophobia

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

It's pretty funny that you didn't bother to actually visit your own links, which contain no evidence beyond the "this one guy who'd just been fired by Fieri's show and who already had a reputation as a petty abusive rear end in a top hat said so one time" muck you've already raked up. If you're gonna pull the smug "let me google that for you" move, pro tip, make sure Google backs you up first.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

e: nm

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Dec 2, 2019

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Thread needs to get back on track. I just realized that Ariana Grande’s rich girl anthem “7 Rings” is a reference to her being one of the dwarves who received a ring of power from Sauron.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Guy Fierier is sausage.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

dirksteadfast posted:

Thread needs to get back on track. I just realized that Ariana Grande’s rich girl anthem “7 Rings” is a reference to her being one of the dwarves who received a ring of power from Sauron.

It's so obvious NOW. The beard was a dead giveaway and we all missed it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TheKennedys posted:

even assuming he's not a lovely person he's fun to make fun of because he's a big dumb goofy idiot, and goons love to hate him for whatever reason goons hate things

It's the same "I hate anyone who genuinely enjoys anything" self-hating bullshit that makes half the internet unreadable.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What is Guy? Just a miserable little pile of secret sauces!

I downloaded SoTN the other week because it was on sale in the PS Store, and that line is now gone.

All the voice acting, and most of the script, is changed.

Travesty.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I downloaded SoTN the other week because it was on sale in the PS Store, and that line is now gone.

All the voice acting, and most of the script, is changed.

Travesty.

Which version did you get? Because IIRC Sony's policy on PS1 Classics is that they have to be completely unchanged from the original, to the point that there are some games that can't be re-released that way due to rights issues.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Rice-a-roni is half rice, half rice shaped pasta, so the name is a portmanteau of rice and macaroni.

Still not sure why that combo is in any way desirable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Rice-a-roni is half rice, half rice shaped pasta, so the name is a portmanteau of rice and macaroni.

It's a San Francisco treat

:colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Beachcomber posted:

"Rice plus .... uhhh, whatever you got I guess" has been a traditional dish all around the world for centuries. Apparently Rice-A-Roni was influenced by a traditional Armenian pilaf which combines noodles and rice but of course the inventors went "Hey how can we steal this spicy foreign food and make it way blander?"

Edit: here in Australia we had the exact same thing happen, and in the 1950s and 60s there was a move to create recipes that recreated "oriental" dishes with the ingredients people already had at home which is how we got the bizarre Australian version of chow mein. My mum used to cook that exact recipe (which she probably got from her mother) except in my family we called it suey min.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Dec 3, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That is an extremely cursed dish.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

the bizarre Australian version of chow mein. My mum used to cook that exact recipe (which she probably got from her mother) except in my family we called it suey min.

oh no

oh gently caress

I've been suppressing memories of this for nearly a quarter of a century

gently caress

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

oh no

oh gently caress

I've been suppressing memories of this for nearly a quarter of a century

gently caress

I can still remember the smell of the cabbage boiling away into a mushy slurry :v:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Edit: here in Australia we had the exact same thing happen, and in the 1950s and 60s there was a move to create recipes that recreated "oriental" dishes with the ingredients people already had at home which is how we got the bizarre Australian version of chow mein. My mum used to cook that exact recipe (which she probably got from her mother) except in my family we called it suey min.

My mother made this exact dish, but with beef mince in it too. It was called 'Chinese Mince'. I'm not fussy with my eating at all (we would eat lamb brains, ox tongue, black pudding, etc growing up) but I refused to eat this. It was just flavourless mush.

It would start with at least a kilo of fridge temperature topside mince slowly stewed on way too low heat in an electric wok all at once and then everything else thrown in.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
the loving colour of it

Yeah my mum put beef mince in it as well, and an electric frying pan was the weapon of choice

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Memento posted:

the loving colour of it

Yeah my mum put beef mince in it as well, and an electric frying pan was the weapon of choice
I just figured out that this wasn't unique to my mum as well.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Proteus Jones posted:

It's a San Francisco treat

:colbert:

No wonder Guy Fieri has been so vocal about not cooking with Rice-a-Roni

not really but i heard he was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

packetmantis posted:

How do you know I'm not Guy's friend