Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh no don’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Mandrel posted:

I reinstalled Sekiro after finishing DS and being out of poo poo to play and yep still too old and slow and bad at video games to play this game

this poo poo needs an easy mode

ABORT ABORT

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
To late, the bat signal already went out. They will be here any moment.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You loving WHAT?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
*sighs as he unsheathes his katana

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was cool to turn down the difficulty of jedi when i was bored of it and instantly have a full force gauge at all times to make it more interesting that waiting to parry

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
While you were dodging blood beasts I studied THE BLADE

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 1, 2019

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I liked Control's combat. Felt satisfying to plow a chunk of concrete into an enemy's head, and the way headshots gave off that paff of hiss energy felt so good. Only liked a couple of the guns though.

I would've liked the mods to be...better, somehow. Maybe more impactful rather than just the tired 'x percent bonus to this thing that you probably won't really notice'. When I picked up the first one I was a little excited cause I thought they could be levelled up, but nah they're just drops from enemies. Meh.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Beat Guardian Ape last night. Did not like that fight at all. Aside from it being like the worst of Bloodborne bosses, being a flailing mass of hair with unpredictable attack zones, he spammed that loving scream every third attack. In the end I just ended up cheesing him by running away constantly until he dived and I could get a few free hits in.

Not a fan of the consumables in Sekiro, especially the emblems. When I first started playing, I burned through them quickly and ended up with almost none left, so now, especially on bosses that take a lot of tries, I am loathe to use them if I can help it. I feel like I should only be worrying about the spirit emblems I have between runs to a statue, and not worrying about running out of them in storage.

re: Ape

did you use the spear?

re: emblems

you'll be rolling in them eventually, or you can stock up on them at shrines, since you don't really need them a lot of the time for regular mooks

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Morpheus posted:

I liked Control's combat. Felt satisfying to plow a chunk of concrete into an enemy's head, and the way headshots gave off that paff of hiss energy felt so good. Only liked a couple of the guns though.

I would've liked the mods to be...better, somehow. Maybe more impactful rather than just the tired 'x percent bonus to this thing that you probably won't really notice'. When I picked up the first one I was a little excited cause I thought they could be levelled up, but nah they're just drops from enemies. Meh.

Mods were important during the first 1/3rd of the game, but after that I didn't pay attention to them really. I just plunked as many health mods as I could on Jesse.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I found guardian ape to be nbd cause i had the purple shield

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m always baffled by the people who I’ve seen say Control has bad combat. Are they just not engaging with the game whatsoever? Who knows. It’s fantastic and there’s a surprising amount of variety in it. Honestly at this point I know a few of the difficulty walls I hit were just me being dumb and not paying attention to what the game had given me.

it can give a bad first impression since the shooting is pretty middle of the road and that's all you can do for a bit. And the combat shines the most once you've unlocked all of the abilities.

Really my biggest gripe about the game is that it's by far the most fun with all of the abilities and you don't have everything until nearly the end. At the very least the floating ability should have been unlocked wayyyy earlier.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Morpheus posted:

Beat Guardian Ape last night. Did not like that fight at all. Aside from it being like the worst of Bloodborne bosses, being a flailing mass of hair with unpredictable attack zones, he spammed that loving scream every third attack. In the end I just ended up cheesing him by running away constantly until he dived and I could get a few free hits in.

Not a fan of the consumables in Sekiro, especially the emblems. When I first started playing, I burned through them quickly and ended up with almost none left, so now, especially on bosses that take a lot of tries, I am loathe to use them if I can help it. I feel like I should only be worrying about the spirit emblems I have between runs to a statue, and not worrying about running out of them in storage.
Sorta like BB, you should spend any extra sen on them whenever you rest at an idol. They're only :10bux: each so if you have a couple hundred after buying some stuff then grab you some emblems. Or just make it a habit to buy 20 every time you rest, you'll be swimming in them in no time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mandrel posted:

this poo poo needs an easy mode

lol

Real hurthling! posted:

The only good combat is tekken

more like a giant turd in a toilet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i forget, which side were you on in the great difficulty debate?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

oh no don’t

That's right, HESITATE! :gibs:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I love guardian ape, parrying a giant monkey is hilarious.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I got Ace Combat 7 and it's great and very much like the PS2 games in quality, but the time limit on missions still sucks because I'm bad :(.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr E posted:

I got Ace Combat 7 and it's great and very much like the PS2 games in quality, but the time limit on missions still sucks because I'm bad :(.

Are you using classic controls? Many people report that the default scrub controls make missions impossible to finish due to crippling your maneuverability

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kinda wild how 2020 is gonna be the last year of the PS4

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Kinda wild how 2020 is gonna be the last year of the PS4

the last PS3 game only came out last year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They're probably still gonna make legacy versions of FIFA PS4 for years

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

To think about the last PES game for the PS2 was 2014 (released on 2013) so yeah, PS4 will still get a good bunch of games. My idea is to get the last bunch of physical exclusives (and some others) I can on my PS4 on 2020 to close my "collection".

Just need Yakuza 3/4/5 on February, Sekiro (not exclusive that way I'll have all FROM games bar Demon's Souls on a single platform), MediEvil, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Judgement and FoTNS Lost Paradise, Ghosts of Tsushima (??? not out yet). Got Wipeout Omega collection and Everybody's Golf this black friday each for 9.99€.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I already completed 3/4 from that yak collection. If you buy now you only wait for 5

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Just Dance still comes out on Wii and will for the foreseeable future

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

On the other hand Yakuza 4 is the worst game in the series, so you could wait until there's two decent games and 4

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
What’s bad about Y4? Having a blast with it so far.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Are you using classic controls? Many people report that the default scrub controls make missions impossible to finish due to crippling your maneuverability

Nah I'm using expert, I just failed at the time limit first mission where you start out needing to "stealth" through the radars towards the space elevator cause I brought the wrong special weapon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

the last PS3 game only came out last year

True, but this is ignoring that it wasn't a steady stream of new games. It was the occasional note worthy game here and there. The last major title on PS3 was Persona 5.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Funny that they made a version of Shadow of Mordor for the PS3 that looked like rear end and was missing the game's defining mechanic

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sony can pry the PS4 from my cold dead hands

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

Sony can pry the PS4 from my cold dead hands

Mr. Sony is on his way to do exactly that.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

What games offer a solid, well-crafted narrative experience like God of War and Uncharted? I've played Last of Us.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Death Stranding

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

me your dad posted:

What games offer a solid, well-crafted narrative experience like God of War and Uncharted? I've played Last of Us.

Death Stranding.
Control is a very good narrative experience with lesser gameplay.
Fallen Order is ok, but you have to like star wars a lot to overlook some stuff in the simple narrative and awkward gameplay.
Spider-Man is very good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

basically every major game will most likely get a PS4 release for about a year after PS5 comes out too. Save for maybe a couple of exclusives.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah we're definitely looking at another cross-gen situation where for a couple years we're going to see PS4+PS5 versions of games. Off the top of my head the Cyberpunk 2077 guys confirmed they're doing a PS5 version but it won't be for awhile after launch.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The confirmed backcompatibility should make that interesting. Will they make two SKUs or just enhancement patches?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

me your dad posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is also good in addition to those suggested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

JBP posted:

Death Stranding.
Control is a very good narrative experience with lesser gameplay.
Fallen Order is ok, but you have to like star wars a lot to overlook some stuff in the simple narrative and awkward gameplay.
Spider-Man is very good.

Thanks to you and the other person for mentioning Death Stranding. I wouldn't have considered it. And I've been eyeing Spiderman on the Black Friday sale so maybe I'll go ahead and get it.

Less Fat Luke posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is also good in addition to those suggested.

I played Horizon. It was great but I'm looking for an almost-on-rails experience (I've played Soma, which would also qualify). I'm in the depths of Skyrim and craving a well made, neatly wrapped story.