Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Is there any Pokémon that will fulfill Rotom's role on a team that isn't rotom? I hate rotom but I need a semi-bulky volt switcher

Lanturn's pretty fat, I guess? Does it have to be volt switch specifically, or would u turn also suffice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

ban this filth

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
am I the only one who thinks Eternatus not only sucks because they are just kind of dropped into the already threadbare story and you don't get to catch a box legendary until the postgame, but also because they look like poo poo? like the dogs are silly but they have the classic legendary look, serious anime eyes etc, Eternatus could have come from loving Digimon, make me think of a buggy wireframe Giratina

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Dafuq, really? Yeah, ok. Steroids, it is.

Heroes don't use drugs, unless its steroids. In which case, use steroids all the time.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Appletun's fine at the end right? Right?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

am I the only one who thinks Eternatus not only sucks because they are just kind of dropped into the already threadbare story and you don't get to catch a box legendary until the postgame, but also because they look like poo poo? like the dogs are silly but they have the classic legendary look, serious anime eyes etc, Eternatus could have come from loving Digimon, make me think of a buggy wireframe Giratina

Somebody here said they aped the end boss of Okami wholesale and I have to actually agree with them I mean look at this poo poo....

https://twitter.com/iRiBiL_9/status/1198748057413804032

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I mean practically every Nintendo game (and a few others) has you fighting a giant hand or pair of hands at some point (a face is optional). So its kind of expected that Pokemon would eventually do the same.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I actually thought appletun was a lot bigger but learning it’s just a fat l’il apple pie doggie somehow makes it even more perfect.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Eternatus has got a mighty strong A.T. field in the Eternamax fight, that's for sure

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

The Golden Gael posted:

Eternatus has got a mighty strong A.T. field in the Eternamax fight, that's for sure

oh gently caress yeah he does look like an Angel but no rainbow just red and purple

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

oh gently caress yeah he does look like an Angel but no rainbow just red and purple

It doesn't contain the soul of the player character's mother though....

BTW anybody know what happens if you breed an authentic polteageist with a forgery sinistea what the babies will turn out like? Mama is the authentic one.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Mesadoram posted:

I've just been using https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_effort_value_yield to find what Pokemon in the Wild Area's have the stats I need and I just commit mass genocide to them. It usually takes like 20-30 minutes with a bracelet.

Assuming you've completed the story, it's faster and easier to farm money for vitamins from the tournament rematch with gmax meowth. As mentioned previously there is no longer a limit to how high vitamins can raise EVs.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Flopsy posted:

It doesn't contain the soul of the player character's mother though....

BTW anybody know what happens if you breed an authentic polteageist with a forgery sinistea what the babies will turn out like? Mama is the authentic one.

Sinistea is Genderless.

I can confirm however, that breeding an authentic with a ditto does not guarantee an Authentic baby.

EDIT: Fun fact, I actually bred my authentic sinistea with a ditto specifically hoping this would be the case, as I needed a Polteageist for my Living Dex, and the Market refuses to give me a Chipped Pot. I did, however, have a Cracked Pot that wouldn't work with my Authentic Sinistea.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 2, 2019

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The fastest EV method training is just dump them into the PokeJob and then use a raid to move the clock forward 24 hours. Max EVs in about five minutes.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Zodack posted:

The fastest EV method training is just dump them into the PokeJob and then use a raid to move the clock forward 24 hours. Max EVs in about five minutes.

Wait what?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Wait yeah does that work?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zodack posted:

If you're moving the clock forward with raids it's faster to just keep on doing that that and farm watts, buy luxury balls from the watt trades, then sell those at the poke mart then use the money to buy vitamins.

around 100k watts turns to 999 luxury balls which in turn sell for $1.5M credits. You only need 500k per pokemon to max EVs.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BlazetheInferno posted:

Sinistea is Genderless.

I can confirm however, that breeding an authentic with a ditto does not guarantee an Authentic baby.

EDIT: Fun fact, I actually bred my authentic sinistea with a ditto specifically hoping this would be the case, as I needed a Polteageist for my Living Dex, and the Market refuses to give me a Chipped Pot. I did, however, have a Cracked Pot that wouldn't work with my Authentic Sinistea.

Ah poo poo. Forgot about that.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you're moving the clock forward with raids it's faster to just keep on doing that that and farm watts, buy luxury balls from the watt trades, then sell those at the poke mart then use the money to buy vitamins.

around 100k watts turns to 999 luxury balls which in turn sell for $1.5M credits. You only need 500k per pokemon to max EVs.

I did not realize the watt to pokedollar conversion was that wild. Here I am sitting on 700k watts from my Duraludon farm.

The advantage at least to PokeJobs is you can send up to ten at once. I got five guys trained simultaneously, which was nice

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Moonbyum1/status/1201278115332448256

Ash and his boyfriend's weekly adventures are going pretty great so far.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zodack posted:

I can confirm this works but I personally don't want to gently caress up the raid system any further so I'll stick to Long Meowth's Effort Value Supplement Emporium

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What rental team are you guys using for Battle tower doubles? I’ve been using the rain team with Pelipper/Barraskewda/Raichu/Ludicolo and while it seems pretty good I’m wondering if there is a better setup.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://twitter.com/Moonbyum1/status/1201278115332448256

Ash and his boyfriend's weekly adventures are going pretty great so far.

https://twitter.com/twilightsthorn/status/1201148741815812097?s=21

So after a day of atrocious luck ditto farming, I am genuinely wondering if it would be faster to just give up and accept using my 5 iv one for breeding instead of rolling for a 6 iv, since I've yet to find another 5 even. Especially if hacked mons are making their way into the ecosystem, I can wonder trade while breeding but can't ditto farming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nessa posted:

A friend of mine had the cool idea that the gym leaders should be people you can invite to raid battles once you get their rare league cards. They even say that you can call them any time. Why not have it so you can call them for a raid, especially since you know what type of Pokémon they’ll bring.

Pleas keep your good raid design ideas where they belong: not in SwSh. :v:

blizzardvizard posted:

I do wish Raihan's team in the Cup is less of a hodge-podge though. I mean Torkoal, really??? I also lowkey wish he had a Tyranitar, who is kinda sorta dragon-adjacent and that would better fit his dragon schtick

Also the two fossil dragons having Sand Rush as their Hidden Abilities kinda feel like they're meant to be in Raihan's team and it feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Pretty sure Torkoal is there as a gently caress You for anyone who wanted to roll through a dragon team by using an ice type.

Unfortunately for Raihon, I brought a Gardevoir which proceeded to sweep his team in to the trash where it belonged because you can’t have a real dragon team without dragonite.

Flopsy posted:

It's amazing we've gone 8 generations and they're only now just dipping their toes in this pond.

pincurchin, elektross, dragalge, nihilego....seriously the list goes on.

They don’t want the story to be hard, the fact that battle tower and other optional stuff with actual teams has existed for awhile should make it clear they know how to setup harder fights when they want to.

It’s why I think ‘ace trainer’ NPCs should be passive and marked differently, but given real teams and a warning that these trainers are traveling pros who *will* gently caress up your casual team if you try to just bulldoze them.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pleas keep your good raid design ideas where they belong: not in SwSh. :v:

Pretty sure Torkoal is there as a gently caress You for anyone who wanted to roll through a dragon team by using an ice type.

Unfortunately for Raihon, I brought a Gardevoir which proceeded to sweep his team in to the trash where it belonged because you can’t have a real dragon team without dragonite.

They don’t want the story to be hard, the fact that battle tower and other optional stuff with actual teams has existed for awhile should make it clear they know how to setup harder fights when they want to.

It’s why I think ‘ace trainer’ NPCs should be passive and marked differently, but given real teams and a warning that these trainers are traveling pros who *will* gently caress up your casual team if you try to just bulldoze them.

It's cool to get riggity wrecked by a random machoke in the wilderness though apparently.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

Lanturn's pretty fat, I guess? Does it have to be volt switch specifically, or would u turn also suffice?

Corviknight is a thing.

I'll think about lanturn though! I like the thought

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Up thread someone gave me poo poo for telling the truth that everyone in pokemon is gay and I'm glad to have vindication.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
How the gently caress do you deal with curselax??

Playing battlespot singles

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Up thread someone gave me poo poo for telling the truth that everyone in pokemon is gay and I'm glad to have vindication.

It's like saying the sea is wet honestly.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BlazetheInferno posted:

Sinistea is Genderless.

Any idea if the reverse is also true? If I breed a phony with a ditto, could an authentic one hatch?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Playing battlespot singles

physically defensive pex with haze lives two EQs (idk if they even run quake) and can haze, i bet a well-timed Trick'd choice scarf would shut them down too

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

It almost feels like cheating to be able to take Zamazenta, Eternatus and Mew as my battle tower team. I suppose it may feel more fair when I get further?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mef989 posted:

It almost feels like cheating to be able to take Zamazenta, Eternatus and Mew as my battle tower team. I suppose it may feel more fair when I get further?

Nah it doesn't get much harder.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody here got a HA Hatterene in a dive ball? I managed to catch a gigantmax one but she has the wrong ability.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

That just gave me some intense GSC nostalgia.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flopsy posted:

Somebody here said they aped the end boss of Okami wholesale and I have to actually agree with them I mean look at this poo poo....

https://twitter.com/iRiBiL_9/status/1198748057413804032

That was me, and yeah was just the first thing that came to mind.

Glowing powered up ancient wolf vs a giant glowing hand connected to a glowing orb. Ammy's weapons being shields, swords (and beads) I mean the imagery is all there!!! Even the battlefield is the drat same!!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That was me, and yeah was just the first thing that came to mind.

Glowing powered up ancient wolf vs a giant glowing hand connected to a glowing orb. Ammy's weapons being shields, swords (and beads) I mean the imagery is all there!!! Even the battlefield is the drat same!!

Pity clover studios is dead....

anybody here know if a den resets if you lose? As in a different pokemon the same species comes through?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

What's the best way to figure out what I need to catch still? Just pulling up the Galar dex and comparing it to what I have?

e: also, that snore isn't yawn like I thought it was is stupid. Wanted to have a hard cc on my pangoro

we: also gently caress that everything in the wild area becomes level 60 after you beat the game

eee: and gently caress all of the stuff whose lvl 60 moveset includes endeavor

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 2, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I just caught an Adamant Gigantamax Corviknight and it has Best in all of its IVs. What a good birb :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

Pity clover studios is dead....

Platinum games is pretty much Clover studios.