Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I found a primal Darklight last night, but my ancient Pig Sticker is probably just better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the holy shotgun build. I feel constantly wrath-deprived, fragile and slow, which makes me think I probably don't know what I'm doing? Build is here, but I'm still waiting on the right legendary gems and ancient gear, none of which will do me any good if I don't know how I'm playing the build wrong.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

disaster pastor posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the holy shotgun build. I feel constantly wrath-deprived, fragile and slow, which makes me think I probably don't know what I'm doing? Build is here, but I'm still waiting on the right legendary gems and ancient gear, none of which will do me any good if I don't know how I'm playing the build wrong.

According to that profile you don't have RORG in your cube. Getting that will massively improve your damage and your durability by activating your set bonuses. Start with that.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mind over Matter posted:

According to that profile you don't have RORG in your cube. Getting that will massively improve your damage and your durability by activating your set bonuses. Start with that.

The profile page doesn't show rorg in cube for anyone

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Jusupov posted:

Yup, it's there, it's just not showing.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jusupov posted:

Oh hell, didn't know that. Sorry!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I see Shotgun and Bazooka in regards to this game quite a bit. What, exactly, do they mean in the context of Diablo 3?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Kheldarn posted:

I see Shotgun and Bazooka in regards to this game quite a bit. What, exactly, do they mean in the context of Diablo 3?

Hobo with a shotgun is a new class. Didn't you know?

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Shotgun is a crusader build with fate of the fell, adding 2 additional casts of heaven's fury, and usually combined with the rune that casts it in a forward line. It used to be a build that also used the ivory tower shield, until the latest crusader set came out.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/fate-of-the-fell-P61_Unique_Flail_2H_103_x1
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/ivory-tower-P2_Unique_Shield_002

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Talking of crusader things, I just discovered this monstrosity:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/105648-2-6-7-gr90-105-foth-pony-sader

Full on pony speed with lightning-spam everywhere. Great for speeding grifts, quite flexible with the law, and can be adapted to run the goldwrap/hoarder combo for T16 farming too.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I usually manage to luck out and find Development Hell early on but now that I'm playing a class that can actually use the sword transmogs the RNG is depriving me of my Barbie bits.

Edit: All I had to do was complain in a public place apparently.

bij fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 1, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

disaster pastor posted:

Your cooldowns are super weak. You should have at the very least ~60% from gear before Gogok to maintain permakkhan + iron skin. Rerolling armor to CDR on gloves should be an easy pickup there. According to the profile you linked, you also appear to be missing two legendary gems in your neck and ring. Reroll for a socket on your ORotZ and farm up an Endless Walk set in place of the CoE + amulet. Personally I prefer Shield Glare - Zealous Glare over Judgment for better Wrath restoration + less cooldown conflict with ORotZ.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

"Shotgun" specifically refers to the crusader skill Heaven's Fury runed with Fires of Heaven and affected by the Fate of the Fell flail. It casts three lasers forward at acute angles to each other, (somewhat) like a shotgun blast. It's all the rage right now because of the new crusader set.

"Bazooka" refers to a wizard build that looks to maximize the damage of the skill Meteor runed with Star Pact, mostly for killing trash in top-level group GRs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Star Man posted:

Hobo with a shotgun is a new class. Didn't you know?

If only...

rarbatrol posted:

Shotgun is a crusader build with fate of the fell, adding 2 additional casts of heaven's fury, and usually combined with the rune that casts it in a forward line. It used to be a build that also used the ivory tower shield, until the latest crusader set came out.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/fate-of-the-fell-P61_Unique_Flail_2H_103_x1
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/ivory-tower-P2_Unique_Shield_002

bio347 posted:

"Shotgun" specifically refers to the crusader skill Heaven's Fury runed with Fires of Heaven and affected by the Fate of the Fell flail. It casts three lasers forward at acute angles to each other, (somewhat) like a shotgun blast. It's all the rage right now because of the new crusader set.

"Bazooka" refers to a wizard build that looks to maximize the damage of the skill Meteor runed with Star Pact, mostly for killing trash in top-level group GRs.

Ah, OK. I don't use Heaven's Fury, and I've never used Star Pact. I thought the terms were more generic, and could be applied to certain builds for any character. Thanks!

xiansi posted:

Talking of crusader things, I just discovered this monstrosity:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/105648-2-6-7-gr90-105-foth-pony-sader

Full on pony speed with lightning-spam everywhere. Great for speeding grifts, quite flexible with the law, and can be adapted to run the goldwrap/hoarder combo for T16 farming too.

This is pretty close to what I use, skill-wise, though I've been using Provoke - Hit Me because I didn't know what else to put there. Not really sold on Codemn, but there's nothing else really for the slot...

Also, my biggest issue with Steed Charge is how it gets stuck on... *checks notes* Nothing. Absolutly nothing is in the way, and it just runs in place. Also, sometimes it gets stuck on loot? At least that makes more sense, since something is actually on the ground...

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Your cooldowns are super weak. You should have at the very least ~60% from gear before Gogok to maintain permakkhan + iron skin. Rerolling armor to CDR on gloves should be an easy pickup there. According to the profile you linked, you also appear to be missing two legendary gems in your neck and ring. Reroll for a socket on your ORotZ and farm up an Endless Walk set in place of the CoE + amulet. Personally I prefer Shield Glare - Zealous Glare over Judgment for better Wrath restoration + less cooldown conflict with ORotZ.

Yeah, I'm running GRs because I still don't have the other legendary gems for the build, so I haven't bothered rolling sockets into my jewelry until I get those. I don't have a Compass Rose yet, but I just snagged an ancient Pledge. I don't recall if I already rerolled on gloves but I will try to get CDR if I haven't.

I think I also have trouble with the rotation. Is there a good pattern to prevent any of the buffs from dropping? I'll try Shield Glare as well. Thanks!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah, I'm running GRs because I still don't have the other legendary gems for the build, so I haven't bothered rolling sockets into my jewelry until I get those. I don't have a Compass Rose yet, but I just snagged an ancient Pledge. I don't recall if I already rerolled on gloves but I will try to get CDR if I haven't.

I think I also have trouble with the rotation. Is there a good pattern to prevent any of the buffs from dropping? I'll try Shield Glare as well. Thanks!

I took another look at your profile, and one thing I would recommend is dropping the Stone Gauntlets from your cube until you have enough cooldown reduction to have either Akarat's Champion or Ironskin up pretty much 100% of combat time. The Stone Gauntlets are powerful defensively, but they also slow you more and more with every hit you take unless you have one of your CC immunity powers on. That could be one reason you're feeling slow.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I loving love the power spike that occurs when you finally fill an armor set, or find a legendary that completely changes up how you play. I just finished Tal Rasha's set this season and melted everything in front of me on a test run. Time to rack up the difficulty again!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mind over Matter posted:

I took another look at your profile, and one thing I would recommend is dropping the Stone Gauntlets from your cube until you have enough cooldown reduction to have either Akarat's Champion or Ironskin up pretty much 100% of combat time. The Stone Gauntlets are powerful defensively, but they also slow you more and more with every hit you take unless you have one of your CC immunity powers on. That could be one reason you're feeling slow.

Apparently, Ice Climbers remove the drawback entirely! :eng101:

/e: Granted, that's two armor pieces somewhere, but if you're pushing for that solo GR 45 with no set items it's a decent pseudo set, especially if one's ancient and the other's cubed. Or both ancient, I ain't judging.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 1, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Not quite the weapon I was hoping to find for my Crusader, but a happy surprise nonetheless!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

Actually, I tried a new strategy of "cast FotH every two seconds wherever my mouse is, just constantly push my hotkeys so I recast things ASAP," and it got me pretty far last night. I need to figure out actual optimal FotH placement, but otherwise I think I cracked a good bit of the code. Thanks, all!

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The fissure ticks on foh also generates wrath so I tend to cast foh every few seconds and connect them through mobs which has caused my resource problems to vanish.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Waffle! posted:

I loving love the power spike that occurs when you finally fill an armor set, or find a legendary that completely changes up how you play. I just finished Tal Rasha's set this season and melted everything in front of me on a test run. Time to rack up the difficulty again!

What build are you running with it? I’ve been doing lightning arcane torrent since I finally found a manald and I’ve got a bunch of the channeling gear, but anything past like GR 60/65 feels way too slow and I’m constantly getting hosed by projectiles at 70+. I think I have pretty much all the pieces in place for the build now, just not (m)any ancients. I’ve been hoarding gear to try swapping to either a LoD build or Vyr archon, but still missing the shoulders.

I haven’t played wiz in ages though and last time was a DMO twister build, so I’m open t9 suggestion.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

disaster pastor posted:

Actually, I tried a new strategy of "cast FotH every two seconds wherever my mouse is, just constantly push my hotkeys so I recast things ASAP," and it got me pretty far last night. I need to figure out actual optimal FotH placement, but otherwise I think I cracked a good bit of the code. Thanks, all!

Yeah, that probably helps for sure, just keeping things on cooldown and being used. Glad you're getting it solved.

FFT posted:

Apparently, Ice Climbers remove the drawback entirely! :eng101:

/e: Granted, that's two armor pieces somewhere, but if you're pushing for that solo GR 45 with no set items it's a decent pseudo set, especially if one's ancient and the other's cubed. Or both ancient, I ain't judging.

Yeah I just learned this last night myself, was chatting about it in LLJK a bit. It's pretty neat if you can afford to use them both.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I don't think I've ever had to run Act I/IV bounties more than a couple times to get a RoRG before, but I am just having no luck this season so far. I've run a few dozen Torment 16 bounties at this point, and nothing yet. RNG gonna RNG, I know, I know.

That aside - I tried Whirlwind (Rend) Barb for the first time ever and this truly is the build of the gods. Just want my RoRG so I can work Captain Crimson's in!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Graviija posted:

I don't think I've ever had to run Act I/IV bounties more than a couple times to get a RoRG before, but I am just having no luck this season so far. I've run a few dozen Torment 16 bounties at this point, and nothing yet. RNG gonna RNG, I know, I know.

The RNG is being a major dick this season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Screams from the haters... has a nice RNG to it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mind over Matter posted:

Yeah I just learned this last night myself, was chatting about it in LLJK a bit. It's pretty neat if you can afford to use them both.

Haha yeah that's why I knew about it since I've never used Stone Gauntlets, personally. Looked it up later and apparently the devs did intend for this combination to work.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Screams from the haters... has a nice RNG to it.

lmfao

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hauki posted:

What build are you running with it? I’ve been doing lightning arcane torrent since I finally found a manald and I’ve got a bunch of the channeling gear, but anything past like GR 60/65 feels way too slow and I’m constantly getting hosed by projectiles at 70+. I think I have pretty much all the pieces in place for the build now, just not (m)any ancients. I’ve been hoarding gear to try swapping to either a LoD build or Vyr archon, but still missing the shoulders.

I haven’t played wiz in ages though and last time was a DMO twister build, so I’m open t9 suggestion.

well lod star pact sucked real bad or i sucked real bad with it, but vyr archon is a little more my jam and i'm cruising now

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there any real point to gating GRs behind Keys? It's only going to be a minor inconvenience, at worst, for the top of the leaderboards, but for the rest of us, it's a little above farming Bounties for materials. I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see them just remove Keys, and have GRs unlock at 70.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For some interesting news about Diablo IV. Appearntly Diablo himself won't be a character in IV. They are considering featuring him in an expansion, but the main game will be focused on Lilith. (I guess the extent of him in the main game will be his decapitated head.)

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hauki posted:

My inventory and skills are by no means optimized, I've just been going with what's been working since I hit lvl 70. I finished my set at Torment II, and I'm on VII now. I've never gotten to GR 70 so YMMV.

I'd been using Odyn Son for ages, and only after complaining about my crappy drops did I finally get a Deathwish. It really works! I couldn't tell if Odyn's chain lightning was setting off Tal meteors or not, but I like to think that it did. The only thing I have cubed ATM is Illusory boots. I have a Zodaic, and Rogar's Stone rings, but only enough mats for one. My equipped rings are Focus and Restraint, with Taeguk and Wildebeest's Gizzard gems. Only other notable item equipped is Mantle of Channeling shoulders.

For skills my primary is Electrocute with the piercing rune, which I don't use much except for lightning meteors. Disintegrate is my jam, with the Chaos rune that splits when many targets get close. Followed by Frozen Arcane Orb for spammy CC, and Black Hole that explodes for heavier damage. Speaking of, Mirror Image with Duplicates adds 5 more Orbs and Black Holes at a time, and I use Frost Nova as my panic / gently caress you button if things get hairy. Novas and Black Holes both do well holding demons still for every other meteor type to hit.

I need to upgrade my gear and bang out some bounties to get my Cube-food back up. My Tal amulet doesn't have a socket unfortunately. I'd probably put Wreath of Lightning in it just for lols. My strategy is to spam the hell out of Orbs, Holes, and death lasers, and it's been working out pretty well so far.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 2, 2019

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

For some interesting news about Diablo IV. Appearntly Diablo himself won't be a character in IV. They are considering featuring him in an expansion, but the main game will be focused on Lilith. (I guess the extent of him in the main game will be his decapitated head.)

The obligatory Lilith fight is her putting on Diablos head as a mask and saying "not even death can save you from me!"

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

A day later. Probably should roll off the Vit or LPH for more damage, but I'm enjoying the extra survivability for now. I still don't have the solemn vow in ancient yet.

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Regarding whirlwind/rend barb, why do people seem to prefer Convention of Elements over Skull Grasp? Wouldn't almost 400% all the time you're WW'ing beat 200% intermittently?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Per posted:

Regarding whirlwind/rend barb, why do people seem to prefer Convention of Elements over Skull Grasp? Wouldn't almost 400% all the time you're WW'ing beat 200% intermittently?

Iirc most of the current spinny damage comes from rend not ww.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Over the weekend I've done 250 bounties (at T10). I've done loads over the last 2 weeks too, maybe 7-800 plus by now.
No Crimson plan.
In fact I think I have every plan now as they've long since ceased dropping.

I'm guessing it's just RNG? Is there any particular bounty to do, or just suck it up and keep praying?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

And you've checked to make sure you don't already have it learned, right?

Like if nothing else it should have dropped from a goblin. RNG is a gently caress but it's not that bad. Hell, I got an ancient RoRG on the first try just the other day to prove they drop on Act 1 bounties.

If you're on PC I can wander home in a few minutes and run you through some T16 bounties. Might even be able to get a full group going.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 2, 2019

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

FFT posted:

And you've checked to make sure you don't already have it learned, right?

Like if nothing else it should have dropped from a goblin. RNG is a gently caress but it's not that bad. Hell, I got an ancient RoRG on the first try just the other day to prove they drop on Act 1 bounties.

If you're on PC I can wander home in a few minutes and run you through some T16 bounties. Might even be able to get a full group going.

Yeah, I've checked a few (many) times like a junkie looking for a piece of crack on the floor.
Initially I was wrongly crafting the low level ones :negative:

I'm on PC yes, but can't play until later most likely, but thanks.
If I've still no luck I'll come complaining again and might take you up on the offer.
I'm at about 800 hours and have never played multiplayer. Certified goony weirdo huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adolf Glitter posted:

Over the weekend I've done 250 bounties (at T10). I've done loads over the last 2 weeks too, maybe 7-800 plus by now.
No Crimson plan.
In fact I think I have every plan now as they've long since ceased dropping.

I'm guessing it's just RNG? Is there any particular bounty to do, or just suck it up and keep praying?

You'll get plans each bounty till you have them all.

Not sure if they are gated by Torment levels tho. If you have everything else then Captn Crimson plans should drop at T16 if you take the above posters offer.