Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I get the hate for Tim Beck and he should probably of been fired a year ago but doesnt Herman himself run the offense?

I think it’s Herman’s scheme/playbook for sure, but I don’t think he’s called plays for the most part, although it’s not super clear what everyone’s role has been in that. I do believe it’s been tinkered with at various times, I know at one point Herman did take on a bigger role and also at one point someone else (Mehringer maybe?) was sent up to the booth to “help” Beck make the calls. Lately nobody’s really admitted to being the playcaller, it’s supposedly done by committee and Herman says he has the final word. But it’s not clear whether that means people weigh in and Herman makes the call, or if he just has the final word the same way any HC does in the sense that he can always veto a call he doesn’t like and he’s providing cover for his assistants saying the buck stops with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/JakeBentley19/status/1201513195560751104?s=20

Bentley is transferring.

Who needs a QB?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Who would you rather have? A post-surgery Franks or a "significantly used" Jake Bentley?

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Forever to thee!
also
I quit!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

vyst posted:

Who would you rather have? A post-surgery Franks or a "significantly used" Jake Bentley?

Jake Bentley because Will Muschamp has a record of producing NFL QBs once they leave his program

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
N: Auburn being fined $250,000 for fans rushing the field

V: SEC hates fun

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I thought it was only $25K but some booster will be more than happy to pay it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao

https://twitter.com/mgoblog/status/1201511652555939840?s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Want them to stop making fun of you like this? Win one of these loving games for once in your lives. Dignity and honor don't mean poo poo, this isn't shogunate Japan.

Michigan really is the Boomers of the NCAA, and I say that as an occasional Michigan fan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not surprising but Albert Okweugbunam is declaring for the draft. Should in theory be a great tight end, was constantly ignored in Mizzou's offense for whatever reason you want to guess.

Now to see how close I got to spelling that right after looking at it 5 seconds before writing this post...damnit Okwuegbunam. Still a solid effort.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Want them to stop making fun of you like this? Win one of these loving games for once in your lives. Dignity and honor don't mean poo poo, this isn't shogunate Japan.

Michigan really is the Boomers of the NCAA, and I say that as an occasional Michigan fan.

gently caress and I was all set to brandish my collection of Hanzo steel

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I'm impressed that a literal crying baby was able to write so coherently.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

This loving owns because my roommate at Michigan took classes with abs did peer review for a number of players in an English class and it was clear Michigan does exactly the same poo poo to keep top sports ball talent enrolled

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pakled posted:

Ohio State/Michigan has an active streak of that going back to 1988

I was about to roast you for ignoring 2007 but Michigan somehow crept back into the polls that week just to be smote anew.

lol

vyst posted:

Franks has some incredible physical tools and it saddens me he couldn't put it together upstairs. That 65yd dime to Tyrie Cleveland against Tennessee for the walkoff TD was an incredible throw. Probably only a handful of QBs in the NCAA each year can make that throw.

By all accounts he's a good kid and hopefully he does well wherever he goes. But I'm glad he's leaving.

Edit:

Oh my god what an actual pisspants boomer. This cannot be a real person.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 2, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ah yes, from the program that continued to let Taylor Lewan play and still deifies him to this day.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Oh my god what an actual pisspants boomer. This cannot be a real person.

Yep just gonna casually compare a black QB to a prisoner, very normal.

Also their most famous football alum is a MAGA doofus who thinks tomatoes are poison and that drinking lots of water and stretching will prevent cancer

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I still have no idea why I remember nothing about Tom Brady's time at Michigan. I have clearer memories of John Navarre behind center than Brady, I'm sure that's extremely healthy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C-Euro posted:

I still have no idea why I remember nothing about Tom Brady's time at Michigan. I have clearer memories of John Navarre behind center than Brady, I'm sure that's extremely healthy.

tbh not a huge difference between those two as college players

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady was a pedestrian QB until he started cheating at football

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Yep just gonna casually compare a black QB to a prisoner, very normal.

Also their most famous football alum is a MAGA doofus who thinks tomatoes are poison and that drinking lots of water and stretching will prevent cancer

That article wouldn't be out of place in The Onion.

It's hard to imagine a grown man sitting down at his laptop, cracking his knuckles, and ejaculating that insufferable screed for all to see.

What a joyless fuckhead.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Love to tout the moral and intellectual superiority of my school after getting crushed in a home game that saw two of my players untie and remove an opponent's shoe in a nationally televised event in full view of a ref wearing a body cam.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

America won with Alabama's loss.

This is the only highlight for my week, as Utah is about to tear the Ducks a new one on Friday.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Tom Brady was a pedestrian QB until he started cheating at football

Cheating at football = throwing to randy moss?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yates posted:

I still say it's going to be Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

Wisconsin wont look so hot after they lose 59-0 again. OSU is gonna murder Wiscy as the #1 seed matters

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

That article wouldn't be out of place in The Onion.

It's hard to imagine a grown man sitting down at his laptop, cracking his knuckles, and ejaculating that insufferable screed for all to see.

What a joyless fuckhead.

To be fair It's the same grown man that punched a high school student in a rec soccer league because he got real mad that they were showing off.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

To be fair It's the same grown man that punched a high school student in a rec soccer league because he got real mad that they were showing off.

And then used this experience to chastise people for being critical of someone who got thrown out of school for domestic violence

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

N: Auburn being fined $250,000 for fans rushing the field

V: SEC hates fun

KKKLIP ART posted:

Don't the SEC rules increase the fines with each field rush?

It's gonna rule when schools are paying $3 million fines for rushing the field when they beat Bama.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

Don't the SEC rules increase the fines with each field rush?

It's gonna rule when schools are paying $3 million fines for rushing the field when they beat Bama.

Yup, this was Auburn's 4th (I think?) infraction.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

KKKLIP ART posted:

It's 250k to pay out the death benefits for the wine mom that was eaten by the hedge monster. RIP Sharon :911:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Yup, this was Auburn's 4th (I think?) infraction.

At some point, they're daring the SEC to try to enforce their rules. I imagine the poo poo would hit the fan in the media if the SEC tried to fine a school 7 figures for a field rush.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CannonFodder posted:

It's 250k to pay out the death benefits for the wine mom that was eaten by the hedge monster. RIP Sharon :911:

I can't seem to find the tweet anymore, but someone had captioned the clip as "The elusive Alabama hedge-cougar emerging from its habitat."

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Michigan fan stuck in the past, who knew. The delusion about their school having more integrity is almost as much as their delusion about how great their program has ever been. Jim Harbaugh is exactly what Michigan always was.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 2, 2019

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So Petersen just resigned from Washington

Huh

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
The article is terrible and obviously a spiteful attempt at superiority by a pissbaby fan, but I do think that a player taking all-online classes without some special reason is pretty shameful. College football could use a greater focus on improving the lives of their players.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Love to tout the moral and intellectual superiority of my school after getting crushed in a home game that saw two of my players untie and remove an opponent's shoe in a nationally televised event in full view of a ref wearing a body cam.

But that was very funny

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Ubiquitous_ posted:

America won with Alabama's loss.

This is the only highlight for my week, as Utah is about to tear the Ducks a new one on Friday.

While Utah should certainly win, never underestimate the Pac-12's ability to gently caress itself over

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Rad Valtar posted:

Michigan fan stuck in the past, who knew. The delusion about their school having more integrity is almost as much as their delusion about how great their program has ever been. Jim Harbaugh is exactly what Michigan always was.

Don't look at me, I've been praying that the program lets the ghost of Bo rest for a few years now and I remain disappointed. You're an Ohio State fan, are there still sections of the fan base that have latched on to remnants of the Woody Hayes era, or was that long enough ago that people have stopped caring?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

C-Euro posted:

Don't look at me, I've been praying that the program lets the ghost of Bo rest for a few years now and I remain disappointed. You're an Ohio State fan, are there still sections of the fan base that have latched on to remnants of the Woody Hayes era, or was that long enough ago that people have stopped caring?

Woody Hayes was a racist rear end in a top hat who punched a player. I'm sure there are still fans who praise him but to me he's been tainted. I don't mean to single out Michigan fans on here because you guys are cool but living in Michigan I hear about "not giving up our integrity for winning like Ohio State" all the time.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 2, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a neat cape posted:

So Petersen just resigned from Washington

Huh

Whoa that's big. Any reason why? All I can find is that he's moving into some sort of leadership role. Maybe he just got sick of coaching.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Whoa that's big. Any reason why? All I can find is that he's moving into some sort of leadership role. Maybe he just got sick of coaching.

Per the Athletic he's staying with the program and Lake is taking over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/LSUFreek/status/1201579895043895296?s=20

Now I want to enter a bet with Dabo where he has to get frosted tips or something.