Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
If you are too much of a goddamn snowflake to see that Cumshitter's schtick is not designed to make fun of gay people but to lampoon lovely conservatives who want gay people to go to conversion therapy and see homosexuality as a choice and are disgusted at gay people and literally assume all gay people have some sort of agenda to outlaw heterosexual marriage and force kids to be gay then I don't know what to tell you. Whether he's gay or not (pretty sure he is) doesn't matter; he is making fun of the stereotypes conservatives believe about gay people, not making fun of gay people themselves. Anyone who doesn't get that is a moron.

Also, Cumshitter is funny as gently caress and I will physically fight you if you try to deny that fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If cumshitter is farmer Joe gay then a lot of his urban gay themes hes gone through are extremely bigoted and problematic to say the least

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

cumshitter posted:

I'm gay in real life and C-Frenz is my actual local gay bar, where I know a bunch of other gay men who I drink with.

I'm Dan in real life. I stole my brothers fianceé and my entire family including him was totally cool with it because I needed a win

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If cumshitter isnt absolutely loving as many dudes as possible then his slutty gay themes are extreeeemely problematic

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This is the second time someone's accused cumshitter of having a gimmick. Can someone tell me what it is?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
everybody shut up, i don't care

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

thatguy posted:

If cumshitter is farmer Joe gay then a lot of his urban gay themes hes gone through are extremely bigoted and problematic to say the least
I can't believe the amount of erasure going on here. One, to completely disregard the girth of his extensive financial knowledge, and two for treating him as anything other than the Ur-gay from which all homosexuality flows.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Sunswipe posted:

This is the second time someone's accused cumshitter of having a gimmick. Can someone tell me what it is?

The gimmick is sincerity.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

if cumshitter isn't actually gay his gimmick is extremely homophobic and problematic. but yall arent ready to have that conversation.

Japan has somebody called hard gay who’s literally this

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

okay but are you a metropolitain brunch gay or a lavender cowboy farm gay. i'm pulling together talent for a Barbershop Queertet group and I need a tenor, but the aesthetics need to match.

I'm just a regular midwest gay who moved to the west coast.

Sunswipe posted:

My son is very ill and refuses treatment. Also he has begun to demand this his wife be allowed to accompany him to my home during my custody weekends. For obvious reasons I am against this, because I believe she enables my son in his poor life decisions.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Sunswipe posted:

Being an absolute peach.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

cumshitter posted:

I'm just a regular midwest gay who moved to the west coast.

My son is very ill and refuses treatment. Also he has begun to demand this his wife be allowed to accompany him to my home during my custody weekends. For obvious reasons I am against this, because I believe she enables my son in his poor life decisions.

Ick. It might be too late and you'll just have to cut him off and make him accept his poor life choices. How could he do this to you?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
WIBTA if I didn't tell Amazon I found the package?

quote:

During Thanksgiving break, I ordered a quite expensive thing (>$200). I had been waiting for a while for it and the app said it would be delivered on Friday. Friday, the app showed it was delivered but I didn't receive it. I checked my mailbox and nothing there too. Then, I asked Amazon and they told me to wait another day in case the driver marked it incorrectly. After a day, I contacted them again and they refunded my money.

Sunday morning (I hadn't left my home until then except to check my mailbox), I was walking to my car and I saw at a different apartment (2 floors down). I knew those people had left for Thanksgiving (college students like me) and so I checked what the name was on the box - it was my name and address. The person delivered it to the wrong apartment.

For all intents and purposes, I wouldn't have found the item if it wasn't for sheer luck. However, I don't know if it is ethical to keep the money and the item. Instead, I wouldn't mind just donating the amount to a charity and keeping the item. WIBTA if I didn't tell amazon about this?

Predictably there are a bunch of YTA “this is literally stealing” weenies. This OP is a saint. They’d be fine if they just kept the money but donating it to charity is top notch.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Exactly, cumshitter takes conservative thinking and overly gay-ifies it, which as a queer person cracks me up. It's clear it's an overt gimmick mocking a specific type of thinking that is unfortunately all too prevalent.

Pick just....hides behind the idea of a gimmick to get her actual bad and regressive thoughts out to the world, interspersed between what is actually really funny observations, to confuse the issue - so that she can fall back on it being a gimmick and deny any responsibility when she's saying hosed up poo poo. She's somewhat cowardly that way.

Anyway can someone post about some people fighting that aren't from within SA? I don't like venturing to reddit to get things...

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
yall that was just a joke, as an actual closeted queer person with a family i'm allowed to gatekeep my own cursed existence.

also didn't hard gay come out as being "married to a swimsuit model" like a decade ago? wikipedia says he retired but he started doing wrestling again? and he's super broke??? drat, fame sucks.

therobit posted:

If you are too much of a goddamn snowflake to see that Cumshitter's schtick is not designed to make fun of gay people but to lampoon lovely conservatives who want gay people to go to conversion therapy and see homosexuality as a choice and are disgusted at gay people and literally assume all gay people have some sort of agenda to outlaw heterosexual marriage and force kids to be gay then I don't know what to tell you. Whether he's gay or not (pretty sure he is) doesn't matter; he is making fun of the stereotypes conservatives believe about gay people, not making fun of gay people themselves. Anyone who doesn't get that is a moron.

Also, Cumshitter is funny as gently caress and I will physically fight you if you try to deny that fact.

lmao trap sprung

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FilthyImp posted:

I can't believe the amount of erasure going on here. One, to completely disregard the girth of his extensive financial knowledge, and two for treating him as anything other than the Ur-gay from which all homosexuality flows.

All i'm getting from this is ur gay.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Walking around inside without some type of shoe is asking for a sticker burr to get on your foot, a spine to break off and imbed itself in to your heel ensuring weeks of random agony as it slowly works it’s way around. Outdoor shoes and Indoor sneakers are a minimum.

Edit: and before you said “if you didn’t wear outdoor shoes inside this wouldn’t be a problem” those sticker burrs will stick to your jeans and socks too.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

This one doesn't accelerate from 0 to 60, but rather it is constantly the speed of light

Potentially volatile wife

quote:

Years ago, my girlfriend held me at gunpoint for hours. I talked her down and then got her professional help, and things got better. We're now married with two children. We agreed long ago that there would be absolutely no weapons in our home, for obvious reasons. Recently I found a weapon (not a firearm) hidden in her drawer. I'm sure my wife is only thinking about personal protection, but it makes me nervous. I thought of getting rid of this weapon surreptitiously, but I don't know whether it's the only one. Should I confront my wife about this?

quote:

WHAT. I desperately want to thrust you into a time machine and keep you from marrying a woman who would hold you at gunpoint “for hours” but here we are. I applaud you for seeking help for her. You need to have a conversation about this outside your home. (I really am not joking. I do not want her feeling backed into a corner by your words and suddenly producing a switchblade from the couch cushions.)

What advice would you give a female friend in your position who had previously been held at gunpoint by her now-husband? I would be deeply concerned for the safety of her and her children, and I find myself equally concerned for you and yours.

If you have a trusted care provider from your earlier dive into professional help, ask her to go see this person together. No weapons in the home is the most reasonable possible boundary to have, and my first question would be why she felt the need to do this, when she obtained it, and what her thought process was.

Don’t underreact to this, please.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

sephiRoth IRA posted:

WIBTA if I didn't tell Amazon I found the package?

Predictably there are a bunch of YTA “this is literally stealing” weenies. This OP is a saint. They’d be fine if they just kept the money but donating it to charity is top notch.
Imagine feeling any sort of remorse about getting one up on Amazon, of all places, in TYOOL 2019. If it was a mom & pop, sure, they'd be TA, but it is not. The truest pro-move would be to donate it to some sort of charity that advocates for worker's rights.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FoolyCharged posted:

Ick. It might be too late and you'll just have to cut him off and make him accept his poor life choices. How could he do this to you?

I blame depictions of heterosexual union in media which help "normalize" the lifestyle.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

shut the gently caress up about pick god drat

she dont even post here anymore

go read the thread from the beginning if you feel like posting about pick

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

teen witch posted:

Thread is the warmest place to hide.

gently caress pick and their cutesy ironic racist dippy “oh widdle ol meeee I just don’t know!” schtick.

What racist poo poo did Pick post? Was it that dumb concern trolling around Six Black Chicks?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for telling my mother that she cannot spend Christmas with me and my husband and children because of her past homophobia?

quote:

I (25m) am married to my first boyfriend. We have been together since we were 13. My parents are very religious Italians, and they kicked me out at 13 when I came out to them. I essentially moved straight in with my boyfriend and his parents, and moved on with my life. Of course it really hurt, especially when they did the same thing to my brother a couple of years later, but I tried to move on.

My husband and I got married when we were 20. We now have two daughters from surrogacy. My parents were not present at our wedding. They heard through my older sister when our first daughter was born five years ago, and my mother got in contact to try and repair our relationship. I do genuinely believe she has changed, and she no longer seems uncomfortable with my husband being my husband. I live in England, but she comes here or we go to Italy maybe 4 times a year to see each other. I would say we now have a good relationship, and she always tells me how sorry she is for what she did.

My father was still reluctant to speak to me. It took him a further two years to start talking to me, and now we have a civil relationship. I know he does not agree with my marriage, but he does love the grandkids and I believe he respects me and my husband as people.

My mother asked if she could come and visit us 'at Christmas', I didn't immediately assume she meant Christmas day, as we have been seeing each other around Christmas (mid December) for a few years. I asked her what days, and she suggested they come from the 23rd-27th. My twin brother, younger brother (now 19) and older sister all live in England too, so they thought it could be a nice way to celebrate Christmas as a family.

I was a bit apprehensive as being around my parents, as much as I enjoy my mother's company now, reminds me of what they did in the past. I don't know if I want those feelings at Christmas. Additionally, I have been spending Christmas with my in-laws for 12 years now, and I want to carry that on as they to me are my real parents. The original plan for this Christmas was for my in laws, my siblings, and my boyfriend's siblings and their partners to come to our house. I know my in laws would not feel comfortable with my parents there as they think they're terrible for what they did, and they think that as long as they're religious, they won't have changed. My 19 yo brother has a civil relationship with both parents, but I'm not sure if he'd want to spend Christmas with them.

I told my parents no, they cannot spend Christmas day with us. I said they could come a bit earlier (I suggested the 20th-24th) and my mother said she was a bit hurt because she thought we were getting along better. I feel like an rear end in a top hat for this as I do think she's changed, and I do think my father is the main reason she kicked me out back then. I also know my sister was really hoping my parents would be there, and my kids would love it. AITA?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tempura Wizard posted:

Imagine feeling any sort of remorse about getting one up on Amazon, of all places, in TYOOL 2019. If it was a mom & pop, sure, they'd be TA, but it is not. The truest pro-move would be to donate it to some sort of charity that advocates for worker's rights.

It depends, since a lot of small businesses sell through amazon.

If it was amazon proper, though, gently caress ‘em. I lost a pretty decent job because Bezos wanting to own the Washington Post.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
The hosed up thing about Pick is that she's somehow lamer than cumshitters straight son, which is an incredibly high bar of lameness.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for telling my mother that she cannot spend Christmas with me and my husband and children because of her past homophobia?

Your parents only care about your grandkids and are pretending to be better to get at them and make sure they dont "become gay" too. Dont let homophobes back into your life, they stopped being your parents at 13.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Danaru posted:

Your parents only care about your grandkids and are pretending to be better to get at them and make sure they dont "become gay" too. Dont let homophobes back into your life, they stopped being your parents at 13.

Took the words right out of my mouth. They haven't changed, they just want access to their grandchildren like all estranged parent parasites do

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

HOT BREAD! posted:

Took the words right out of my mouth. They haven't changed, they just want access to their grandchildren like all estranged parent parasites do

ah yes, parentsites :cthulhu:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for ruining my MIL's Thanksgiving?

quote:

Last Thanksgiving, my husband and I went to his parents' house. We are vegan, and they told us that they'll have some vegan food for us. So far, so good.

We went to her house for dinner, and she had a number of vegetable dishes on the table to share. MIL told us that they were vegan, so that's what we had. However, at the end of the meal, MIL decided to reveal to us that those dishes were cooked in butter. "See? A little bit of butter isn't that bad, is it? Maybe this will teach you to stop being so uptight about that whole vegan thing." she said. Of course we were not okay with her lying to us whatsoever, and she decided to tell us that we were being "entitled".

This year, we hosted a vegan Thanksgiving dinner at our house. My husband asked me what I thought about inviting MIL over, and whether it was okay with me given what happened last year. I thought about it and I had an idea. My MIL absolutely hates cucumbers and melons, and will not eat them under any circumstances. She will also refuse to eat zucchini, because they apparently look too similar to a cucumber. She also refuses to eat cilantro. So I suggested to my husband that we include these ingredients in every single thing we cook for the dinner if we are to invite her over. He thought about it, and agreed that she deserves it after the stunt she pulled last year.

So for Thanksgiving, we made a number of dishes: a tomato and zucchini casserole; a salad that included both cucumber, melon, and cilantro; some green beans and mashed potatoes, of course with tons of cilantro. We even added some cucumber and melon to our water jug as well. When she came over and saw the meal, she refused to eat any of it.

AITA?

This one has layers because not only did the MIL lie about what's in the prepared food but apparently she thinks that veganism is a kind of allergy? Like if you're tricked into eating butter then you'll realize that you don't have to be vegan after all. And then disliking zucchinis because they look too much cucumbers lol

Anyway I'm tempted to say that OP is the rear end in a top hat for so badly loving up a very simple revenge plot.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

This one doesn't accelerate from 0 to 60, but rather it is constantly the speed of light

Potentially volatile wife

lol gently caress that opening line. this guy doesn't mince words, but I guess he doesn't have time to gently caress around, having been held at gunpoint by his now wife probably taught him to get to the point quickly

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
In America, we wear shoes indoors or suffer from repeatedly broken toes due to walking into the piles of furniture and stuff stacked up.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for playing a card in Cards Against Humanity?

quote:

This weekend I was invited to a friends birthday party. Let’s call him Steve. I was invited along with 5 friends of mine. We bought a present for Steve where everyone payed a share. When we arrived to the party in the evening, Steve informed us, that he intended to cook for us, but he didn’t have all ingredients so he decided against it. So there was no food for us. Not even snacks.
Someone asked Steve for a drink and he said that he has only tap water and if we wanted anything else, we could go and buy it. So we settled for the tap water.

We then had to clean up Steves table from all sort of stuff in order to start playing card games. Steve claimed he didn’t find enough time to clean his room before we came around.

When we started with Cards Against Humanity, there was a black question card that read: “Well, poo poo. My eyes ain’t so good but I’ll eat my own boot if that ain’t _______!” So I had a white card that said “A disappointing birthday party“. I felt like ist fit so I put it down as my answer and I won the round with it. Everyone laughed except Steve, who told me, that I am an rear end in a top hat for choosing this card. I don’t feel like I am, since to me it was in fact a disappointing party. So reddit, AITA?

Cards Against Humanity is a bad game played by idiots but I can't even imagine getting upset at someone over it, no ages so I have to assume they're all in high school or possibly college

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boyfriend [25m] just accused me [24f] of sleeping with my mentor [35m] in my degree program. How to do damage control?

A long and unpleasant story. Sorry.

I have been with my boyfriend for two years.

I thought our relationship was going well. Weve had the occasional fight but nothing too major. He is currently in Law School and I thought we both had a good understanding of how education fit into our lives.

I started an advanced degree program about 6 months ago. Getting in is not easy. Basically you have to convince one of the professors to sponsor you in, and they become your mentor throughout the program.

Initially I didn't even send an application to Dr. "White's" office. I had him for some lower classes before and it just didn't seem like he even liked me. So I felt I had a better chance with one of the other professors in the department.

At any rate, one day he found me in the hallway and said he heard I had been apllying to get into the program. He asked if I thought I would do well in it.

I told him I thought I would do very well if someone gives me a chance and he just told me "Well I think you will too. Send an application to my office."

So that's how I got in. My boyfriend was very happy for me. We went to a celebratory dinner and he said he'd support me.

But its like he has turned resentful after time went on. By the nature of the program, I have to spend alot of time with Dr. White.

There is nothing unprofessional happening. Dr. White can still be kind of an assholes, but kind of a lovable rear end in a top hat, and he is a superb mentor. I'm really enjoying working with him.

But over the last few months boyfriend has been getting jealous of it I think. In little fights hes thrown out stuff like "Well why do you have to spend so much time alone in his office?". I tell him its because he reviews my work in privacy.

Theres little stuff like that but boyfriend always apologized in the end.

But it came to a culmination on Friday. Boyfriend's law school friends were throwing a party we were going to. Friday afternoon was a prescheduled time for me to meet with Dr. White and some other students in the program to go over some stuff, and we went a little longer than expected.

When I turned my phone back on I had a bunch of messages from boyfriend asking when I was going to get there. I called and said I'm sorry we went long but Im on my way. He sounded a little drunk and upset, and he just responded "whatever".

I got there, another one of his friends said something like "Hey we wondered if you would make it!"

Boyfriend, clearly drunk, piped up from the back of the room angrily "Oh she was busy loving her professor!"

There was a long unpleasant silence while I processed what I had just heard. Then I just turned around and walked out.

Boyfriend ran out and said he was sorry for saying it, I told him to leave me alone and I left.

He has sent me a million messages over the weekend. He is so sorry, he was drunk, he didn't mean it, etc. But I dont know how to even talk to him right now I'm so angry.

I love him, or think I do, but I don't know how to forgive something like that. I dont know how I could go look at his friends who were there that night.

Is there any way to fix things now? How do I do damave control with mutual friends who heard my boyfriend publicly accuse me of sleeping with a professor? Help?

TL;DR: Boyfriend accused me of sleeping with my professor in front of a whole group of friends. I don't know where to even begin on damage control. Help?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Phyzzle posted:

In America, we wear shoes indoors or suffer from repeatedly broken toes due to walking into the piles of furniture and stuff stacked up.

this post literally hurts

EDIT

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend [25m] just accused me [24f] of sleeping with my mentor [35m] in my degree program. How to do damage control?

She is totally banging her professor and so am i

Odd fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 2, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

therobit posted:

All i'm getting from this is ur gay.
Quoting for posterity

:hmmyes:
:master:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Urgh. That guy's comment is totally gonna mess things up for a while. Time to go tell the professor!

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 2, 2019

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Perhaps I'm just jaded after reading so many of these, but just so I'm understanding this clearly; she's not upset for sleeping with her professor, but rather for her boyfriend calling her out on it in front of everyone?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for ruining my MIL's Thanksgiving?

This one has layers because not only did the MIL lie about what's in the prepared food but apparently she thinks that veganism is a kind of allergy? Like if you're tricked into eating butter then you'll realize that you don't have to be vegan after all. And then disliking zucchinis because they look too much cucumbers lol

Anyway I'm tempted to say that OP is the rear end in a top hat for so badly loving up a very simple revenge plot.

Anyone who ignores anyone's dietary requests is TA for the simple fact that you don't know if they're allergic to something. Also a lot of animal proteins can be hard on you're stomach if you're not used to them.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DandyLion posted:

Perhaps I'm just jaded after reading so many of these, but just so I'm understanding this clearly; she's not upset for sleeping with her professor, but rather for her boyfriend calling her out on it in front of everyone?

She says she isn't loving the professor so I'd say your read is probably off?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

two of the worst tropes in amateur storytelling are "Let's call him x" and "Fast forward to X," and I swear they're in practically every AITA post.

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A long and unpleasant story. Sorry.

I have been with my boyfriend for two years.

I thought our relationship was going well. Weve had the occasional fight but nothing too major. He is currently in Law School and I thought we both had a good understanding of how education fit into our lives.

I started an advanced degree program about 6 months ago. Getting in is not easy. Basically you have to convince one of the professors to sponsor you in, and they become your mentor throughout the program.

Initially I didn't even send an application to Dr. "White's" office. I had him for some lower classes before and it just didn't seem like he even liked me. So I felt I had a better chance with one of the other professors in the department.

At any rate, one day he found me in the hallway and said he heard I had been apllying to get into the program. He asked if I thought I would do well in it.

I told him I thought I would do very well if someone gives me a chance and he just told me "Well I think you will too. Send an application to my office."

So that's how I got in. My boyfriend was very happy for me. We went to a celebratory dinner and he said he'd support me.

But its like he has turned resentful after time went on. By the nature of the program, I have to spend alot of time with Dr. White.

There is nothing unprofessional happening. Dr. White can still be kind of an assholes, but kind of a lovable rear end in a top hat, and he is a superb mentor. I'm really enjoying working with him.

But over the last few months boyfriend has been getting jealous of it I think. In little fights hes thrown out stuff like "Well why do you have to spend so much time alone in his office?". I tell him its because he reviews my work in privacy.

Theres little stuff like that but boyfriend always apologized in the end.

But it came to a culmination on Friday. Boyfriend's law school friends were throwing a party we were going to. Friday afternoon was a prescheduled time for me to meet with Dr. White and some other students in the program to go over some stuff, and we went a little longer than expected.

When I turned my phone back on I had a bunch of messages from boyfriend asking when I was going to get there. I called and said I'm sorry we went long but Im on my way. He sounded a little drunk and upset, and he just responded "whatever".

I got there, another one of his friends said something like "Hey we wondered if you would make it!"

Boyfriend, clearly drunk, piped up from the back of the room angrily "Oh she was busy loving her professor!"

There was a long unpleasant silence while I processed what I had just heard. Then I just turned around and walked out.

Boyfriend ran out and said he was sorry for saying it, I told him to leave me alone and I left.

He has sent me a million messages over the weekend. He is so sorry, he was drunk, he didn't mean it, etc. But I dont know how to even talk to him right now I'm so angry.

I love him, or think I do, but I don't know how to forgive something like that. I dont know how I could go look at his friends who were there that night.

Is there any way to fix things now? How do I do damave control with mutual friends who heard my boyfriend publicly accuse me of sleeping with a professor? Help?

TL;DR: Boyfriend accused me of sleeping with my professor in front of a whole group of friends. I don't know where to even begin on damage control. Help?

Lol