Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Vic was/is one of the many, many missing stairs you have to dodge around if you do big anime conventions regularly. I know Vicstans want to either say that doesn't count as "evidence", or "He never did anything to me, therefore he never did anything to anyone" (common from the Risembool Rangers), but like....anyone who actually paid attention at cons, especially if they worked staff at one he was at knew what was up. Hell, I was warned to steer clear of him near a decade ago now.

It's a pity he was a missing stair, and not put on blast for this long ago. But they act like these accusations have come out of nowhere when they'd been talked about for years beforehand. There's a lot of reasons things just got the homegrown whisper circle defense (the nerd fallacies I think honestly play a big, big part), but it's nothing new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1200230697656602625

the galaxy is not big enough to contain that brain

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
old post but....what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/TheBrownFolder/status/1154769431203065856

more like Aatrek continues

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Vic was/is one of the many, many missing stairs you have to dodge around if you do big anime conventions regularly. I know Vicstans want to either say that doesn't count as "evidence", or "He never did anything to me, therefore he never did anything to anyone" (common from the Risembool Rangers), but like....anyone who actually paid attention at cons, especially if they worked staff at one he was at knew what was up. Hell, I was warned to steer clear of him near a decade ago now.

It's a pity he was a missing stair, and not put on blast for this long ago. But they act like these accusations have come out of nowhere when they'd been talked about for years beforehand. There's a lot of reasons things just got the homegrown whisper circle defense (the nerd fallacies I think honestly play a big, big part), but it's nothing new.

Yeah, I went into a con with him and had told my friend to stay away from him cos he was a creep, but I didn't know how much of a creep until people compiled all the evidence. I was even at one of the events that the initial pile of evidence came from, but I didn't go to his panel so I didn't see it (instead me and my non-Vicstan friends played Munchkin).

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1200460270654627840?s=20

You ONLY WATCH MU for the ESCAPISM!
I WATCH it to be INSPIRED!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I hate to say it but even 4chan had hobbies outside of doxxing

Nuke kiwi farms

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Are there many more missing stairs out there or not? How much of an exception is Vic?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I remember Chris Niosi (Reigen in the dub for Mob Psycho 100) getting accused of sexually abusing his ex-girlfriend, which he later confirmed. I remember another relatively famous voice actor getting accused almost at the same time that the accusations against Mignogna started getting traction, but it pretty much seems it got buried.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

I remember Chris Niosi (Reigen in the dub for Mob Psycho 100) getting accused of sexually abusing his ex-girlfriend, which he later confirmed. I remember another relatively famous voice actor getting accused almost at the same time that the accusations against Mignogna started getting traction, but it pretty much seems it got buried.

The other guy you're thinking of is Todd Haberkorn, who basically pulled an Azure Horizon and dateraped cosplayer Jessie Pridemore.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Julias posted:

, who basically pulled an Azure Horizon

What does this mean?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

What does this mean?

There was a goon by the same name who admitted it in a thread and I believe tried to downplay it before pretty much everyone rightfully called them out for it. I don't remember which thread this was in but I want to say it was about 3 or 4 years ago?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

value-brand cereal posted:

What does this mean?

Former LP poster who admitted on the forums somewhere that he would get guys blackout drunk in order to gently caress them. He got banned and iirc his LPs were removed from the LP archive.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Julias posted:

Former LP poster who admitted on the forums somewhere that he would get guys blackout drunk in order to gently caress them. He got banned and iirc his LPs were removed from the LP archive.

He was literally what Republicans think gay men are.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Thank you both. I regret asking. :( Jesus christ.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

The other guy you're thinking of is Todd Haberkorn, who basically pulled an Azure Horizon and dateraped cosplayer Jessie Pridemore.

Man, I haven't heard anything on Haberkorn since the beginning of the year.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Julias posted:

What gets me is, Jessie specifically did not name him when she was posting about what happened. Then Todd outed himself, when trying to harass her into silence afterward.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Vic also tried pulling poo poo on her too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Jesus poo poo. :yikes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dawgstar posted:

Man, I haven't heard anything on Haberkorn since the beginning of the year.

He's still working, according to Wikipedia. His anime work this past year's all been stuff on Netflix.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Vic's been De-Brolyed. Johnny Yong Bosch for new Broly voice.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Exercu posted:

JYB also replaced Vic as Sabo in One Piece, so it seems like he's the go-to replacement at the moment.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Exercu posted:

Judging from the grunts I can hear in what gameplay footage i can find he's pretty loving good at it too

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Exercu posted:

Good choice. Dude has range.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX-nznQ2Jtw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keltar posted:

Good choice. Dude has range.

He certainly had to run the gamut as Vash the Stampede.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Johnny is super good at sounding pissed off when he was Nero so this is a great choice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wanna see those victory lines.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

JYB always struck me as a guy with a lot of range that he never gets to use, whenever he's allowed to embellish he turns in fun stuff but for a long time nobody would hire him to do anything beyond really standard shounen protagonist-kuns

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

JYB always struck me as a guy with a lot of range that he never gets to use, whenever he's allowed to embellish he turns in fun stuff but for a long time nobody would hire him to do anything beyond really standard shounen protagonist-kuns

He definitely made Adachi in Persona 4.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I think Lelouch from Code Geass was one of his big breakout roles.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

He was the second black Power Ranger.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I forgot about the Azure_Horizon thing, jesus loving christ

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I forgot his name but I remembered the rest, that was hosed up

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I vaguely remember the name and the poster but idr everything that happened with him

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Darth Walrus posted:

I think Lelouch from Code Geass was one of his big breakout roles.

I mean, he'd been working in VO for like a decade by then, in some pretty decent sized roles, but most of them up until Lelouch could be comfortably sorted into either the Action Dipshit or Teen Arthur Dent archetypes. Like, it was a topic of discussion when he got cast as Lelouch because it was extremely against type for him up to that point.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Captain Baal posted:

I vaguely remember the name and the poster but idr everything that happened with him

He admitted to getting one of his straight friends blackout drunk and then having sex with him. For obvious reasons, he ate a permaban for that.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Exercu posted:

Hah, this is great news. I hope the vicstans are losing their poo poo over this.

Regalingualius posted:

He admitted to getting one of his straight friends blackout drunk and then having sex with him. For obvious reasons, he ate a permaban for that.

I remember tracking down which thread this happened through their rap sheet. Once people started pointing out that he raped their friend, Azure_Horizon edited out their post and tried to pretend nothing's wrong. So yeah, it's good they got permabanned.

Hell, they weren't even a good LPer or anything. They LPed Suikoden II while hating every good aspect of it (Nanami and Jowy) and argued with posters when they said he was wrong. It was the most insufferable LP of Suikoden II ever.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

amigolupus posted:

Hell, they weren't even a good LPer or anything. They LPed Suikoden II while hating every good aspect of it (Nanami and Jowy) and argued with posters when they said he was wrong. It was the most insufferable LP of Suikoden II ever.

they were the one with the really
really
*really*
cringy "hahahaha homosexuals" LP of FFVIII, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

amigolupus posted:

Hah, this is great news. I hope the vicstans are losing their poo poo over this.

He was already fired from Funimation, even if (actually, it's more especially if) Funimation had to pay him damages he wasn't going to work for them ever again. When I found out the vast majority of voice actors don't get residuals, there's no way there's some contract where he was already promised the next X number of movies with Broly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Honestly that kinda feels like a huge chunk of the industry about ten years ago, I think like, Liam O’Brian maybe was one of the only VAs from that era that did different voices instead of getting casted to do the same voice.