Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

you got holbrook and woking daze mixed in my nice weapon brown you jerk :mad:

E: "The Rabbit Hole" is an excellent touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

"jernt" is apparently very old slang for "joint", and "ptomaine" (with a similar root to "putrid", it looks like) is an old reference to food poisoning, based on a corpselike smell or...amino acids? idk

Specifically, "jernt" is Brooklynese dialect, where "oi" and "er" sounds get swapped around ("soitanly," "terlet," "Toity-toid Street").

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Catching up on the thread again and I cannot let that amazing panel go:

Gatley Heathcliff

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales
I will post at a slower pace during December, so we can start the new thread from the beginning of the next chapter.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

you broke my grill posted:

why do so many comic strip characters hold their pizza like this

Because pizza is a sandwich.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 2, 2019

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

This seems inconsistent of Ed. Hayden's snowman is clearly robust and upright yet it's standing there in the middle of the day loitering instead of toiling at a retail job for minimum wage.
Dustin's snowman, by contrast, appears to be suffering from some sort of head or neck injury and as such has been cast out into the street to fend for itself as the good lord intended.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Drakyn posted:

This seems inconsistent of Ed. Hayden's snowman is clearly robust and upright yet it's standing there in the middle of the day loitering instead of toiling at a retail job for minimum wage.
Dustin's snowman, by contrast, appears to be suffering from some sort of head or neck injury and as such has been cast out into the street to fend for itself as the good lord intended.

Or, Dustin blew out both rotator cuffs lifting the heavy head and middle of Hayden's snowman for him since Hayden is so short that he can't possibly have done it by himself. So now Dustin can't lift the upper pieces of his own snowman, but rather than complain, Dustin adjusts and smiles through the pain so as not to ruin Hayden's snow day.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I spy Corto and Ras in the crowd.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Oh gently caress off.

We get it, Dustin is lazy. Except, if he were really lazy, he wouldn't even bother with making a snowman, but would be inside watching TV or playing video games or something. Instead he's out there, playing with Hayden.

Dustin is a good boy who is constantly undermined by ignorant adults who don't appreciate him for what he his.

In short: OK, boomer, now kindly begone with thee.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Samovar posted:

Yes yes-- as suggested by this very board!

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010

Drakyn posted:

Personally I think it looks like he just gave it a happy ending.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

A shorter strip today, but there's a full-size one on Friday. Mildred is the toast of the office gentlemen (who, we assume, all work in ad sales).

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The Hayden strips are better if you imagine Hayden is Ed's biological son and Dustin is the cool young involved Step Dad and Ed's really bitter about it

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2016 Spiderman

1977 Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Darthemed posted:

And one of the many dips from Working Daze.
Not gonna lie, I feel kind of honored.

(Man I need to come up with some way to not keep falling behind on my comics)
The Dinette Set

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Burni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Get Fuzzy 12/1/99

Edge of Wanton Destruction

So Sam stumbles into an ancient temple after pissing off the local wildlife and proceeds to completely destroy it. Worst tourist ever.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

...someone please explain to me why this wouldn't work before I buy a flamethrower for this winter

[Edit: I found a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UEfXsu1OVw]

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

Look, it's the worst therapist in the world!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

Ooh ooh I get one! Go gently caress yourself Pros & Cons guy. Crying is perfectly normal and toxic masculinity can go gently caress itself right off. It's taken HRT for me to even get emotional enough and I STILL have to get over the hump of "boys don't cry" even though I'm working on correcting that.

t:mad:t

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars is poor old Bollux

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The BCN GoComics comments section is the most wholesome poo poo in the world.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Death Ray posted:

Name them swipes!!

Abie the Agent, natch.

Sally Forth

Skippy (July 25, 1932, and welcome to convention season, by the way.)

Peanuts (December 4, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Ed needs to take his game to the next level. My mom avoids the news by watching Botched marathons.

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 2, 1936)

Out Our Way (September 4-6, 1933)

Toonerville Folks (April 12-14, 1916)

The Dorg Scoreborg: OOW 1-1 TF. Umpire's decision: Double Katrinkas for the win.

Dok's "I'm Sure This Is Vaguely Political" Duck (December 10, 1912)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 3, 2019

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 7/13/53

They'll Do It Every Time 6/12/46

Mopsy 6/23/42

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

Samovar posted:

good eye! i learned about corto through this thread and now have 8-9 books (all the ones i could get for reasonable prices) plus a book of his (pratt's) man from the great white north character - jesuit joe - well worth getting if you run into it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay so I was going to do four separate catch-up posts over the course of the evening, but I got wrapped up in video games.

Working Daze

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Cul De Sac

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Evil Mastermind posted:

Okay so I was going to do four separate catch-up posts over the course of the evening, but I got wrapped up in video games.

Cul De Sac

I really love this one.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Stone Soup

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

You peaked too soon, Jack my boy. It was all downhill from Shauna.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

EasyEW posted:

Dok's "I'm Sure This Is Vaguely Political" Duck (December 10, 1912)

I think we're looking at Italy, Austria-Hungary, and Germany, who are hanging out waiting to see how the first Balkan War is going to shake out in terms of regional alliances (answer: not well). Italy quits first and fights with the Allied forces during WWI.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Humiliations galore!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1 - Hagar the Horrible is on the good side of the class war

2 - I BELIEVE IN YOU POPEYE YOU CAN DO IT :f5:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Endless Mike posted:

Star Wars is poor old Bollux

I'm sorry I have to do this but it's TROUPE GODDAMMIT! TROUPE!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

I know Holbrook gets pretty much everything wrong but literally no vegetarian would ever eat vegetables that were cooked inside a turkey.

Also the turkey wouldn't deflate after the vegetables were removed, they're not meat balloons

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Ooh ooh I get one! Go gently caress yourself Pros & Cons guy. Crying is perfectly normal and toxic masculinity can go gently caress itself right off. It's taken HRT for me to even get emotional enough and I STILL have to get over the hump of "boys don't cry" even though I'm working on correcting that.

t:mad:t

Did you even read the strip? He's not saying crying is bad.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

I was sure I've posted this Viivi & Wagner arc before. I know we're in syndication and all since the signature says '06, and sure enough the same strip was posted on gocomics on December 2nd, 2016. AND December 2nd 2013. Guess I've already posted the entirety of their archive of translated V&W and I should stop posting them once this arc is over, unless there's a frothing demand.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

JFC woman if you’re going to be a cannibal you could at least have the common decency to be good at cooking your victims.

Also I finally get why vegans freak out if you cook their food on the same grill you cooked a burger. Those veggies are just covered in sentient turkey goo.

Chuckled out loud at this.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 3, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like the filthy pig and the lady who loves him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like Viivi & Wagner, but I also feel that if a strip has run its course then it should be allowed to rest a while.