Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’ll give Bray credit for obviously sitting through House of a Thousand Corpses, it’s pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He also obviously watched a lot of Adult Swim.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The reddit thread about Wednesday's ratings was guaranteed to get some good stuff.

all from one dude posted:

Except the show is bad for the casual viewer because it is just a bunch of indy jobbers

NXT tries to at least get people over by having a select few people booked consistently strong. AEW is a cluster gently caress where their top stars need 30 minutes to go over so midget who has never seen the gym in his life.

Also AEW has no creativity AT ALL. It is just a bunch of pointless run-ins and now they just have pointless matches based on nothing.

Moxley went to AEW for creative freedom and all his does is middle fingers at the camera. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad for wrestling. This was a once in a generation opportunity with a billionaire behind it and they are loving it up with their indy bullshit and poo poo creative team (including tony khan whose experience in wrestling is subscribing to meltzer! lmao)

Dude, the show is the worst thing imaginable. It is an awful pro wrestling show. No heels/faces. Nobody is over at all and nobody can get over. Terrible wrestling that looks fake and amateur. And literally no storylines. And their champion is a 50 year old mega out of shape guy who appears to have a serious drinking problem.

They have no angles at all on their show. They did the whole "MJF turns on cody thing" and nobody gave a gently caress because nobody knew they were friends (who just watch the tv). So it meant nothing. And since then? Yeh...nothing at all.

It could not actually be worse. It is way way worse than even the worst TNA was. And this isn't just my opinion because the arenas are empty (even in chicago) and their ratings are PLUMMETTING.

Lol I checked his history and he posts on r/tories.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 3, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

The reddit thread about Wednesday's ratings was guaranteed to get some good stuff.

NXT and the Conservative Party, both unpopular with people under the age of 50 but winning because they're loved by old white men. A natural combination.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I literally only watch the TV - didn't even watch the PPV bar the Emi Sakura-Riho match since it came on a big live wrestling weekend and it sat in my backlog so long that I'll probably never get to it now - and its remarkable how much that's like wrong. Plenty of angles on their show - the issue is that they all focus on a core group of talent while with the exception of the weird Allie-Brandi thing they've not really done any with their women's division - and I knew that MJF and Cody were pals: it was something that they were clearly pushing on their television. Also the thing about the wrestling looking "fake" is always stupid since perhaps with the exception of like RINGS in 1992 no pro wrestling since the very early days has ever looked "real" and what "real" often means to these people is "looked like it did when I was a kid" - indeed this is the crowd that I see insulting old shoot style wrestling as "not having selling" which is the dumbest thing you could possibly say. If that's an issue you have then like what modern pro wrestling is there for you? Hard Hit, whatever random tiny shoot style promotions remain in Japan and possibly bits of Bloodsport?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Every loving time.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I've been watching wrestling for the past 35 years and I can confidently say that current WWE product is now just as if not worse than the worst TNA ever had to offer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

super macho dude posted:

I've been watching wrestling for the past 35 years and I can confidently say that current WWE product is now just as if not worse than the worst TNA ever had to offer.

TNA at its worst(Corgan/Dixie era) was basically 06 WWE smackdown with batshit Matt Hardy vignettes.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I was going to say Hogan Era TNA was the worst but in retrospect it's still better than what's being shitted out on WWE programming.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
replace Obama with AEW and Keyes with WWE for how the viewers and ratings work

Obama vs. Alan Keyes is proof. Keyes was from out of state, so you can eliminate any established political base; both candidates were black, so you can factor out racism; and Keyes was plainly, obviously, completely crazy. Batshit crazy. Head-trauma crazy. But the twenty-seven percenters in Illinois voted for him. They put party identification, personal prejudice, whatever ahead of rational judgement. Hell, even like 5% of Democrats voted for him. That's crazy behaviour. I think you have to assume a 27% Crazification Factor in any population.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

super macho dude posted:

I was going to say Hogan Era TNA was the worst but in retrospect it's still better than what's being shitted out on WWE programming.

Even Hogan-Era TNA and Bischoff TNA had some level of logic in it's booking and were able to still have a somewhat decent X-Division in between the Tarantula matches and reverse battle royals.

Imagine seeing Feast or Fired matches and being told "THIS IS THE HALLMARK OF SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT" - that's going to be any Money in the Bank or TLC match or most likely the lackluster Royal Rumble.

I really can't watch WWE anymore, and I am fearful of watching NXT because you have this moment where you are seeing "the new toys" and then go "oh no, they are gonna be chewed up and fed to DA BIG DAWG"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sandman is on Busted Open saying he totally said they shouldn't be main eventing but not to Jordyn. So that makes it ok? Lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

Sandman is on Busted Open saying he totally said they shouldn't be main eventing but not to Jordyn. So that makes it ok? Lol

Sandman: Oh yeah I said the rude thing. in the rudest way possible, hahahaha I am so smart, I let my wife suntan in the car.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

Sandman: Oh yeah I said the rude thing. in the rudest way possible, hahahaha I am so smart, I let my wife suntan in the car.

He also plead complete ignorance that women main evented Wrestlemania. Pretty much said he doesn't watch wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

He also plead complete ignorance that women main evented Wrestlemania. Pretty much said he doesn't watch wrestling.

who would willingly watch WWE programming?

hell I didn't know they were the main event, last match and all that. I still don't care.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember when sandman died in like 1993 and sabu and bill Alfonso just dropped him off in a hospital driveway? Maybe he's still dead and thats why his takes are bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Remember when sandman died in like 1993 and sabu and bill Alfonso just dropped him off in a hospital driveway? Maybe he's still dead and thats why his takes are bad.

The years of brain damage may be a factor

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Weekend at Sandmans

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Obligatory Sandman post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2uCHRR8_uk

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

IceAgeComing posted:

I literally only watch the TV - didn't even watch the PPV bar the Emi Sakura-Riho match since it came on a big live wrestling weekend and it sat in my backlog so long that I'll probably never get to it now - and its remarkable how much that's like wrong. Plenty of angles on their show - the issue is that they all focus on a core group of talent while with the exception of the weird Allie-Brandi thing they've not really done any with their women's division - and I knew that MJF and Cody were pals: it was something that they were clearly pushing on their television. Also the thing about the wrestling looking "fake" is always stupid since perhaps with the exception of like RINGS in 1992 no pro wrestling since the very early days has ever looked "real" and what "real" often means to these people is "looked like it did when I was a kid" - indeed this is the crowd that I see insulting old shoot style wrestling as "not having selling" which is the dumbest thing you could possibly say. If that's an issue you have then like what modern pro wrestling is there for you? Hard Hit, whatever random tiny shoot style promotions remain in Japan and possibly bits of Bloodsport?

Hard Hit doesn't run that much anymore, sadly. It's sad that this style that was gigantic is now barely clinging to life

We could watch UFC I guess

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

Hard Hit doesn't run that much anymore, sadly. It's sad that this style that was gigantic is now barely clinging to life

We could watch UFC I guess

RJPW is still around. I haven't watched in a few years but I remember seeing the original Tiger Mask kick a young dude really loving hard.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
did sandman ever main event anything at all

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ECW pay per views

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

RE: shoot style, coward tony should just pay Ikeda and Ishikawa to kill each other on an ep of Dark. I may travel just to see that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

oldpainless posted:

ECW pay per views

but he was teamed with other people so he could just drink and hit people with a stick, even paul knew sandman couldn’t be trusted to carry a main event match

edit: wikipedia has informed me he and mick foley had a one on one main event at “barbed wire, hoodies, and chokeslams,” a ppv i have never heard of until right now. did they have hoodies as a weapon

WatermelonGun fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 3, 2019

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Not everything needs to have your favorite thing in it, christ.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they stole my fucken idea

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WatermelonGun posted:

but he was teamed with other people so he could just drink and hit people with a stick, even paul knew sandman couldn’t be trusted to carry a main event match

edit: wikipedia has informed me he and mick foley had a one on one main event at “barbed wire, hoodies, and chokeslams,” a ppv i have never heard of until right now. did they have hoodies as a weapon

Wikipedia lied to you, it wasn't a PPV, it was just a show. It also featured Vampire Warrior (Gangrel before he got that name) vs Tommy Dreamer.

That year there was also a show called Enter Sandman. Sandman did not in fact headline, but he did have 2 10 minute plus matches, like Foley & Douglas. But to be fair, Public Enemy were the hottest act in the company in 1995, despite not actually being any better wrestlers than Sandman.

(Sandman vs Raven also headlined Cyberslam 96 and the amazingly named Big rear end Extreme Bash. The 1990s were a mistake)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ShootaBoy posted:

Soon my dream of seeing a Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma themed AEW ppv will come to fruition.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The main event at House Party (1998) was Sandman vs Sabu in a Stairway to Hell match. I imagine he headlined a bunch of post-ECW indie shows too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

When I was 11 I made an angelfire website about how I liked Ranma 1/2 and Too Cool and it consisted of three pictures of Ranma characters I mspainted Too Cool glasses onto. Are you trying to tell me that wasn’t a dope idea?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

When I was 11 I made an angelfire website about how I liked Ranma 1/2 and Too Cool and it consisted of three pictures of Ranma characters I mspainted Too Cool glasses onto. Are you trying to tell me that wasn’t a dope idea?

Yes, because obviously it should be Goku, Vegeta and Buu as Too Cool.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, because obviously it should be Goku, Vegeta and Buu as Too Cool.

yajirobe trunks and goten.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

you're thinking too inside the box. it's androids 16, 17, and 18

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

you're thinking too inside the box. it's androids 16, 17, and 18

Ok, I just pictured 17 doing the worm and you win.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how about the butcher, the blade and the bunny

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

piccolo, piccolo, and piccolo, imo

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/OpheliaHelm/status/1201924926392995840

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It should be Don Muraco, Don Muraco, Don Muraco, Don Muraco, Don Muraco, Don Muraco, Don Muraco, and Don Muraco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

yajirobe trunks and goten.

Goten is a good fit for Brian Christopher. Both unwanted sons