Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

A few gems I saw today, naturally during the time of the year I'm most broke otherwise I'd be well on my way to upsetting my better half already.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/saddle-river-88-starion/7030143722.html

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/park-ridge-volvo-740-wagon-1988/7020366260.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/cupertino-i-for-sale/7030242651.html

with my luck as of late, he’ll email me back this morning to tell me he just sold it, but I’ll be damned if I’m not gonna try to own this thing

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Do you know much about older BMWs? This one has no collectors value and does not drive any better than a 90's Maxima.

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
Better check the tire size for availability, those look like Michelin TRXs which came in weird sizes not readily available in other brands.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Nitrox posted:

Do you know much about older BMWs? This one has no collectors value and does not drive any better than a 90's Maxima.

If this was the reasoning applied to a lot of automotive purchases here, this forum would be much quieter.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The 533/535i cars are decent. The 528e is horrible however (or rather, it’s engine is).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nitrox posted:

Counterpoint: I would rather be driving that 1986 BMW than most any 90s Maxima. In fact I bet vanity comes into the picture a LOT more than we'd like to realize on car driving preferences.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Frond posted:

The 533/535i cars are decent. The 528e is horrible however (or rather, it’s engine is).

The M30's are pretty solid, if not that technologically advanced, right? I recall toying with the idea of putting one in an e30 when I had one.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

KakerMix posted:

Counterpoint: I would rather be driving that 1986 BMW than most any 90s Maxima. In fact I bet vanity comes into the picture a LOT more than we'd like to realize on car driving preferences.

IF not everyone would be driving a 1984 ford granada V8. Like me!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Elephanthead posted:

IF not everyone would be driving a 1984 ford granada V8. Like me!

Why isn't your car up for auction? A '84 loving Ford Granada.

But seriously, looks likes finding tires on that are somewhat dicey.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Nitrox posted:

I like this car. yes, I drive old bimmers. and furthermore,

KakerMix posted:

I would rather be driving that 1986 BMW than most any 90s Maxima.

Hermaphrodite posted:

Better check the tire size for availability, those look like Michelin TRXs which came in weird sizes not readily available in other brands.

yeah they’re metric, he just confirmed. I can buy Pirellis or find wheels

e: I’m shopping for a chassis for the drivetrain I have in this poor little guy:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Nitrox posted:

Nuh uh

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I finally found my car's twin!
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/lombard-1991-capri/7021370793.html

It's been going to the same school as me for about a year now and almost got towed when I called AAA to tow my car out of the school's parking lot. He's got the spoiler on a 91, so it should be the XR2 turbo, but I understand him only advertising the quality of the convertible tops. The hard top he's got is nearly half the value of his car, and a good condition, original Capri soft top w/frame is worth even more

If I had space for a parts car, I'd snatch that bad boy up in a second

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

snugglz posted:

e: I’m shopping for a chassis for the drivetrain I have in this poor little guy:

e34 wheels with adapters are probably your best bet for cheap wheels that will look good

E28s own, buy it

e: I have the same seat covers in mine

rscott fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 3, 2019

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

snugglz posted:

You're starting a thread for this when it gets going, right?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/d/dunedin-1990-mazda-miata/7023193725.html

I lusted after these when they came out....Monster Miata :swoon:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The idiotic intercooler plumbing of that supercharger kit is driving me nuts. Like, weld the return pipe at 90 degrees for matching/uniform look? They had to make new bump on that Miata hood just to accommodate that stupidity

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

:lol: at a miata that is >$30k

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah way to steep for me, it's been for sale for awhile.

It must be scary fast tho I'd probably die in it anyway :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
speed and class, once more time

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Suburban Dad posted:

:lol: at a miata that is >$30k

You can build a LSx Miata out of an NB chassis for that, without the awful bodykit et al

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah the seller must think it's still the 90's back when a V8 Miata was rare not so much anymore.

I'm assuming he thinks there's value to it since it's an original Monster Miata.....Like a Copo Camaro or something. I don't know how many were built so it may have some value to it for that reason, but if thats the case it should be on BAT not CL.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

super nailgun posted:

You're starting a thread for this when it gets going, right?

sure. the guy with the E28 got inundated with tons of responses so I’m not really holding my breath on it... plan A was just to find another Ti chassis, but most of them are truly stomped on since they were the cheapest E36s. plan B is finding something else cool to swap into, like maybe getting an E30 wagon in Germany and shipping it over...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/tampa-1990-toyota-celica-all-trac-turbo/7033224201.html

This is very tempting but not at that price, are these really worth that much?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Pretty sure my dad had that when I was little, guess he should have kept it

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/tampa-1990-toyota-celica-all-trac-turbo/7033224201.html

That car is extremely rare and somewhat desirable, but that's a crack pipe price.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah that's a tidy AF example too. Ready for Radwood with the carphone. But that price is absurd.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

lmao nope not at all

i had one for 2.5 years and they're just okay. absolute hell to work on, parts are rare and not fast

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao nope not at all

i had one for 2.5 years and they're just okay. absolute hell to work on, parts are rare and not fast

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine getting parts for the oddball stuff on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's an investment

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
AWD Turbo Celica? I think the drivetrain from one of those fits into an old mini without a lot of work.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

boxen posted:

AWD Turbo Celica? I think the drivetrain from one of those fits into an old mini without a lot of work.

:britain:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those are super cool but no way in hell are they worth that.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I'm not the first person to say it nor will I be the last but the next ~investment boom~ in classic automotives is Japanese stuff, and things like that are totally right in line for "know what I got" types, and there absolutely will be ones that sell for way more what then they should be worth, then suddenly they *are* worth that.
Not this Celica mind but this poo poo is real and my friend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

I'm not the first person to say it nor will I be the last but the next ~investment boom~ in classic automotives is Japanese stuff, and things like that are totally right in line for "know what I got" types, and there absolutely will be ones that sell for way more what then they should be worth, then suddenly they *are* worth that.
Not this Celica mind but this poo poo is real and my friend.

Oh no doubt at all. But I think that's a little too new for that as of yet. Maybe in 10 more years.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

Oh no doubt at all. But I think that's a little too new for that as of yet. Maybe in 10 more years.

It's already happening friendo, right now, in this thread!!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Plus the mileage is way too high. If it had like 30k miles with pristine interior it might be worth it to a Japanese car collector or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/d/spring-hill-custom-lifted-350/7032241496.html

:lol:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

lmao

But why it looks like all the other brodozers around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Wants $90K, and uses photos of a computer screen to list the specs.
Also, $250K invested.