Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hihohe posted:

lucky is the best addition to late King of the Hill

It really blows my mind how much some people hate Lucky, he's basically half the reason to watch the later seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvj19EYs3dQ

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The only person I find myself really disliking on every rewatch is John Redcorn. Dude is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
He is, but I do like that the series acknowledges he's a pretty huge loser upon closer inspection. Can't even play kickball smh

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Red Corn is awesome. I WANT TO .... SCRUB MY WRISTS .... CLEAN OUT MY BRAIN

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I said it in this thread before, John Redcorn might be the most complex and well written Native American on television.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nooner posted:

Red Corn is awesome. I WANT TO .... SCRUB MY WRISTS .... CLEAN OUT MY BRAIN

lmao

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

In 2005 the episode came out where John Redcorn transitions from failed lead singer to a childrens entertainer by reworking his inappropriate songs. Almost a full 10 years later, in 2014 Parks and Recreation character Andy transitions from failed lead singer to a childrens entertainer by reworking his previous songs. The voice of John Redcorn, Jonathan Joss, also plays a native American on Parks and Recreation.

I don't have a point, just pointing out a couple of coincidences. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

In 2005 the episode came out where John Redcorn transitions from failed lead singer to a childrens entertainer by reworking his inappropriate songs. Almost a full 10 years later, in 2014 Parks and Recreation character Andy transitions from failed lead singer to a childrens entertainer by reworking his previous songs. The voice of John Redcorn, Jonathan Joss, also plays a native American on Parks and Recreation.

I don't have a point, just pointing out a couple of coincidences. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

there's a fun vulture article about how greg daniels is maybe the reason for good comedy on tv.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 3, 2019

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society

PinheadSlim posted:

Crush Rushford!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Crush Rushford!

Kill Killeen!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
John Redcorn owns but probably shouldnt have hosed a married dudes wife just a "hot take"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"My people do not wish death to the people of Denton, but a crushing victory would be just swell"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TheKingslayer posted:

The only person I find myself really disliking on every rewatch is John Redcorn. Dude is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I said it in this thread before, John Redcorn might be the most complex and well written Native American on television.

Both these things are true.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Milo and POTUS posted:

John Redcorn owns but probably shouldnt have hosed a married dudes wife just a "hot take"

lol that you used the singular just lol

Srs though John Redcorn pillaging the white man's women, in Texas no less, is an A+ piece of satire.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
John Redcorn loving owns

like yeah dislike who he is as a person but he's an amazing character

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Another Bill posted:

lol that you used the singular just lol

Srs though John Redcorn pillaging the white man's women, in Texas no less, is an A+ piece of satire.

And the fact that Dale, the guy who is unknowingly raising his son, is the only reason John Redcorn got that land back from the government. Dale did it just because of how much he loves his friend and hates his government. Ironic as hell and sweet to boot.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

my reaction to Lucky was like Hank's

I hated him at first but he grew on me

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Season 11+ is so much more weird than I remember.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TheKingslayer posted:

Season 11+ is so much more weird than I remember.

The episode where Khan, in a manic state, invents a robotic grill that can make burgers by itself would have been the real shark jumping episode if they got another season.

There are some other weird ones before that but that one sticks out to me

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

PinheadSlim posted:

The episode where Khan, in a manic state, invents a robotic grill that can make burgers by itself would have been the real shark jumping episode if they got another season.

There are some other weird ones before that but that one sticks out to me

Dale literally attempting to murder Hank over a basket weaving job.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

*extremely Nancy voice

"Jawn Redcorn"

The fact they never don't use his full name cracks me up too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gatdang shame that this show isn't legally streaming anywhere in Canada.

I have Netflix, Crave (w/HBO), Prime, and Disney+, and ZERO Arlen and/or Arlen residents.

:argh:

How many nazzies do I have to shoot to get this up here?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have Netflix, Crave (w/HBO), Prime, and Disney+, and ZERO Arlen and/or Arlen residents.

Up until it hit Hulu it was the dark ages. YouTube streaming channels and torrents was it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pu-heggee Hill.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Holy poo poo I'm just seeing the episode about John Redcorn having other kids. How is Nancy that stupid?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TheKingslayer posted:

Holy poo poo I'm just seeing the episode about John Redcorn having other kids. How is Nancy that stupid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBl3QrOqsRY&t=18s

me irl

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Arlenians.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Boomhauer's bit in this is fantastic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TheKingslayer posted:

Boomhauer's bit in this is fantastic.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

PinheadSlim posted:

And the fact that Dale, the guy who is unknowingly raising his son, is the only reason John Redcorn got that land back from the government. Dale did it just because of how much he loves his friend and hates his government. Ironic as hell and sweet to boot.

Also the conspiracy theorist doesn't cotton on to the affair and is completely oblivious to when people are *actually* trying to gently caress him over.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

skooma512 posted:

Also the conspiracy theorist doesn't cotton on to the affair and is completely oblivious to when people are *actually* trying to gently caress him over.

I don’t kid about my mower. Now get in there and start massaging my wife!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

skooma512 posted:

I don't personally subscribe to it but there are a couple of times the theory that Dale knows the entire time and messes with them is really plausible.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

PinheadSlim posted:

It really blows my mind how much some people hate Lucky, he's basically half the reason to watch the later seasons.

Sometimes the world is cruel to shiny things.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TheKingslayer posted:

I don't personally subscribe to it but there are a couple of times the theory that Dale knows the entire time and messes with them is really plausible.

I think this goes too far and ruins the very intentional joke of "conspiracy theory nut misses the obvious for years".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dale doesn't know about Joseph. He does know about Bill and Puh heggy Hill

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dale doesn't know about Joseph. He does know about Bill and Puh heggy Hill

Dale and Bill's schemes and buffoonery together are always kind of cute :kimchi:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What would weirdos be doing near the gas station…?

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.