Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
youve seen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_George_W._Bush, now get ready for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

Pakled fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Devonaut posted:

In Stranger Things season 3 episode 5, a russian bad guy buy sno balls in a 7eleven of a gas station.
:hmmyes:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

is buy snoball, da!

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Parahexavoctal posted:

Zuoxiao Zuzhou, one of the Beijing East-Village artists in To Add One Meter to an Anonymous Mountain, reproduced the work in 2007 by replacing nudity with nine pigs. The work is named I Love Modern Art Too.[11]

Do you have a link to this quote? I can't find it

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

At the launch of OS/2 Warp in 1994, Patrick Stewart was to be the Master of Ceremonies; however Kate Mulgrew[33] of the then-upcoming series Star Trek: Voyager was substituted at the last minute.[34][35]:p. 108

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

alexandriao posted:

Do you have a link to this quote? I can't find it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Add_One_Meter_to_an_Anonymous_Mountain

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ah, from the bro president to the kindergartner president

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Proto-Cathedral of St. James the Greater Not really worthless, but The Proto-Cathedral of St. James the Greater is some Bloodborne poo poo.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/sovietblobfish/status/1199405719222718464

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

quote:

The cement:sand ratio is a very rich 4:1; do not call it concrete!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boat_building

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The song was one of Cooper's biggest hit singles in the United States, peaking at number 7 on the Billboard Hot 100, while peaking at number 2 in the UK Singles Chart, only being held off the top spot by the dance record, "Swing the Mood" by Jive Bunny & the Mastermixers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"C-beam" redirects here. For steel beams with a C-shaped cross-section, see structural channel.

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018
The Vans challenge is a viral internet challenge that began in March 2019 where people show their Vans shoes landing right-side up after tossing them in the air. The viral sensation reportedly started after a Twitter user shared a video of the occurrence, which was captioned: “Did you know it doesn’t matter how you throw your Vans they will land facing up.” This theory proved false, as these shoes have not always landed facing up after tossing them.[1][2][3][4]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Kringspiermusketier (literally: "sphincter musketeer") is an insult aimed at a man of homosexual nature.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Live passengers were charged 6s in first class, 3s 6d in second class and 2s in third class (in 1854 worth about £28, £16 and £9 respectively in 2019 consumer terms) for a return ticket, while dead passengers were charged £1 in first class, 5s in second class and 2s 6d in third class (in 1854 worth about £92, £23 and £12 respectively in 2019 consumer terms) for a one-way ticket.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Live passengers were charged 6s in first class, 3s 6d in second class and 2s in third class (in 1854 worth about £28, £16 and £9 respectively in 2019 consumer terms) for a return ticket, while dead passengers were charged £1 in first class, 5s in second class and 2s 6d in third class (in 1854 worth about £92, £23 and £12 respectively in 2019 consumer terms) for a one-way ticket.

not worthless

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gender and sexuality within this world is fluid and expansive, with the principal categories of gender and sexuality listed to include feminine, masculine, androgynous, ambisexual, bisexual, neuter, eunuch, nonsexual, undifferentiated, gay, lesbian, queer, invert, homosexual, polymorphous, poly, labile, berdache, hijra, and two-spirit.

Many people exhibit intersex or "gynandromorphous" sex characteristics, including both penises and vaginas.

(emphasis wikipedia's)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
im invert lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hello invert im fat

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Invert is what they called gay people in the late 19th century. So I'm assuming it's done sort of steampunk homosexual.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Little Death posted:

Invert is what they called gay people in the late 19th century. So I'm assuming it's done sort of steampunk homosexual.

i also heard it a few times in the late 20th century

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
FT2 allows to play in live with a normal PS/2 keyboard and make a live record with it (in azerty mode, key 'a' would be a C, key 'z' a D etc.)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

In September 2015, Strahle and fellow eaters Takeru Kobayashi, Bob Shoudt, Patrick Bertoletti and Tim Brown assembled in Chicago, Illinois to consume an entire cooked goat.[20] This eating challenge was performed with the intention of lifting the infamous Chicago Cubs curse.[21] The Cubs would go on to win the World Series the following year.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

A technique known as a "bunny burrito" (or less alliteratively a "rabbit burrito")[citation needed] helps a pet person manage a rabbit by surrounding it with a towel so that the animal cannot leap away, scratch with its front or back feet, or reach around and bite the person handling it. The name comes from the fact that the bunny looks like the filling of a burrito (with the towel acting as the tortilla).

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Kazinsal posted:

A technique known as a "bunny burrito" (or less alliteratively a "rabbit burrito")[citation needed] helps a pet person manage a rabbit by surrounding it with a towel so that the animal cannot leap away, scratch with its front or back feet, or reach around and bite the person handling it. The name comes from the fact that the bunny looks like the filling of a burrito (with the towel acting as the tortilla).

:kimchi:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
when used on a cat you have to call it a "purrito"

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kazinsal posted:

I want to believe the [citation needed] is for "rabbit burrito" being less alliterative than "bunny burrito"

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Rabburrito.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

In Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 3 episode, Master Vile and the Metallic Armor, showed Rito being a backseat driver. He asks Master Vile "Are We There yet?" and annoyed him. Rito gets yelled at by him for the whining and not letting him work in peace. Master Vile threaten to turn the Space Skull around and send him back to Rita and Zedd if he doesn't behave himself.

A couple of episodes in Power Rangers Zeo shows example of backseat drivers with Rita Repulsa and Goldar in the motorhome base they share with Lord Zedd, Finster, and Rito. On their way back to the palace, Rita's constant demanding lands the base a flat tire, which she and Zedd blame each other. After getting the tire fixed and back driving, Goldar shows up with the map that Zedd needs and unintentionally proceeds to be another backseat driver by overly trying to help them with the map that lands the motorhome base with yet another flat tire. Surely, Rita and Zedd blames him for the mess. Another example of a backseat driver is Rito whose constant asking of "Are We There Yet?", irritated both Zedd and Rita to the point they threaten to kick him out of the motorhome and make him walk the rest of the way to the palace.

The earlier episodes of The Simpsons shows examples of backseat drivers in the form of Bart and Lisa annoying Homer to no end with their asking of "Are we there yet?", causing him to snap at them. One time in the season 2 episode "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?", while driving to Detroit to visit Herb Powell, Marge lost her patience with Bart and Lisa being backseat drivers. She snapped at the two for misbehaving themselves in the car and makes her threat clear that she will have Homer turn the car around and take them home at once if they don't behave themselves. Under threat of being returned home and not being able to see Herb, Bart and Lisa behave themselves. When he complained about not meeting Herb, Marge reassures Homer that they will see him. She only threatened Bart and Lisa to return home because it was the only way the two will behave during the drive.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Manuel later avowed that, if he had a firearm, he would have shot the obstreperous rodent.[10][11][12] Some commentators speculated that the October 4 and October 5 squirrels were the same animal, but this was not proven.[3][13]

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Viz_comic_strips

Robot Nun (She's Got Tommy-Gun Tits!) – She bursts into a service being held in a church in outer space, and massacres the congregation with automatic weapons firing through her nipples.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

The film is considered a modern and loosely based adaptation of Mary Mapes Dodge's 1865 novel Hans Brinker, or The Silver Skates.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Devonaut posted:

Robot Nun (She's Got Tommy-Gun Tits!) – She bursts into a service being held in a church in outer space, and massacres the congregation with automatic weapons firing through her nipples.

Reverend Ramsden's Ringpiece Cathedral – a vicar with a life-sized church up his bottom.

:wow:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Devonaut posted:

nothing about viz is worthless

apart from billy the fish, which used to be much funnier in the old days

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Devonaut posted:

Doctor Sex – "He has the power of all sex."

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Antivehicular posted:

Doctor Sex – "He has the power of all sex."

by Warren Ellis.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
The Dodecanese (UK: /ˌdoʊdɪkəˈniːz/, US: /doʊˌdɛkəˈniːz/; Greek: Δωδεκάνησα, Dodekánisa [ðoðeˈkanisa], literally "twelve islands") are a group of 15 larger plus 150 smaller Greek islands in the southeastern Aegean Sea,

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
This list is by no means exhaustive.[Needs Citation]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
In relation to Bitcoin it is characterized variously as a spin-off,[5] a strand,[22] a product of a hard fork,[23] an offshoot,[24] a clone,[15] a second version[14] or an altcoin.