Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh poo poo I blatantly threw mine out with the email junk, going to have to ask for a resend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I had to email support to get my key but they answered pretty quickly.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Got a single backer key. $25 and it apparently loaded me up with $75 in content, given that all the DLC came free as an early backer.

I like.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

For all the hubub we got a pretty sweet deal tbh.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Game looks pretty sweet tbh. Whats the appeal of New Jericho stuff though? Whats their special class?

Disciples of Anu look awesome.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
New Jericho is the last human city and you need to save it from the giant worm

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Dandywalken posted:

Game looks pretty sweet tbh. Whats the appeal of New Jericho stuff though? Whats their special class?

Disciples of Anu look awesome.

Heavies and technicians - the latter deploying sentry guns and able to heal your troops and vees better, as well as heavy armored cars. They're all about unsubtle punchface :black101:, which is both their greatest strength AND weakness - they have a well working solution to the lower viral forms (lower being relative), but no response to the rising Oneiric Delirium Index.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bogart posted:

New Jericho is the last human city and you need to save it from the giant worm

Lookit all dat elerium

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

What, uhh, what time is this dropping? Please say midnight

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9CBUl2_t4

Marbozir's playing the release build now

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ok apparently you can't set a custom download location for games in the Epic Launcher, you have to install it to the directory where you want your games to go. This is some garbage barebones software. Does it do anything efficiently other than collect my data for sale?

Though I guess if nothing else it's got me looking forward to finding Phoenix Point boring so I can uninstall the launcher!

Pharmaskittle posted:

What, uhh, what time is this dropping? Please say midnight

Tomorrow at 7 PM GMT, apparently, which is 11 AM PST.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The privacy concerns aside, Epic's software is loving garbage.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Ok apparently you can't set a custom download location for games in the Epic Launcher, you have to install it to the directory where you want your games to go. This is some garbage barebones software. Does it do anything efficiently other than collect my data for sale?

That poo poo was started by an idiot on the PP subreddit and was called out as horse hockey in the same thread; gently caress, steam is worse from a security perspective - they had a bug that could let folks have complete access to your registry until August of this year.

Edit: What? I have been putting my games from Epic on seperate drives for a while. WTF are you doing?

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 3, 2019

Adhibhautika
Feb 28, 2004
Evil Beast of a Thousand bodies
Heads up regarding gamepass:

The devs are saying on reddit that there are some delays with the microsoft certification, so it will not be out today on gamepass.
a few days to a week delay apparently.

Oh well, more time for Battletech!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Shine posted:

The privacy concerns aside, Epic's software is loving garbage.

I still find it ridiculous how bare-bones it is. I don't know anyone who likes it as a storefront, its just a "thing that gives me free games but that's not taking me away from my several hundred steam game" collection.

Granted the free games are dece so whatever i guess.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Adhibhautika posted:

Heads up regarding gamepass:

The devs are saying on reddit that there are some delays with the microsoft certification, so it will not be out today on gamepass.
a few days to a week delay apparently.

Oh well, more time for Battletech!

Thanks for sharing this, I had no idea that the game was going to be available on xbox pas for pc; just asked for a refund on EGS - kinda wild that there isn't more buzz around the fact that most of the "big" games that are supposedly exclusives for the EGS on pc (Metro Exodus, The Outer Worlds, PP, etc) are also available on the pass.

Do you have a link for that devs pass story? Tried googling for it but I can only find old stuff about the announcement on pass or people asking for confirmation of it. Nvm, found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/e44xmg/how_long_until_its_on_game_pass/

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
The XBOX pass is an insane deal. I signed on for £1 cancelled recurring billing (which would have gone up to 3.50) started it again for 1 and last week saw that I could sign up for three months of premium for another £1.

So in short I've spent £3 to have 5 months. So far it's saving me money by demo'ing a couple of games that I might have paid full price for otherwise.

Never did I think I'd pay for a subscription game service but at this price I can't resist. Probably cancel when it goes up to full price though.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The thing about Gollop style xcom is that it always boils down to 'explosives solve all tactical problems', which is fun for a while but ultimately shallow.

My only worry is that the mutation and faction systems, while interesting in principle, wont ever change the fundamental rule that you should load up your soldiers with as many grenades and rockets as they can carry.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Explosives being the solution is just a by product of the game not punishing damaging stuff harsh enough. Like in original xcom even shooting civilians didnt hurt your wallet at all. Personally id rather have the option of destroying stuff if i had to but the game still saying holy poo poo people are angry and youre getting fined or something.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Iretep posted:

Explosives being the solution is just a by product of the game not punishing damaging stuff harsh enough. Like in original xcom even shooting civilians didnt hurt your wallet at all. Personally id rather have the option of destroying stuff if i had to but the game still saying holy poo poo people are angry and youre getting fined or something.

Just blame the aliens.

Getting fined for it is one of those things that sounds good in theory but in practice it would just be Long War mod-type difficulty does difficulty’s sake.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I mean the other option is just removing explosives since they make any other tactical option irrelevant.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Iretep posted:

I mean the other option is just removing explosives since they make any other tactical option irrelevant.

Well yeah, that's the firaxis solution (enforcing hard limits on their use) and I think it works best.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Or you could make everything explosive and give me a wide variety of explosives to play with.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had no idea phoenix point was hitting game pass, hell yeah

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I’m workshopping the post I’m gonna make when I don’t like the game.

“More like Penis Point”

Thoughts?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Iretep posted:

XCOM Apocalypse sort of did it with the faction system punishing you with reputation loss if you damaged buildings, but it was half baked like so much else in the game. Fighting at a slum midlate game? Line all your soldiers up in a row and hold down the attack button and demolish an entire apartment block.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FoolyCharged posted:

Or you could make everything explosive and give me a wide variety of explosives to play with.
You sound like the sort of commander I'd want to sign on with.

"Sure I'm probably just as doomed as ever. But at least they know how to make war FUN! Unlike captain limitations, who complains that the worst part about rookies checking blind corners while carrying live explosives, is that it might take the alien with us when we die."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whoops, bought the deluxe edition and then saw that Phoenix Point will be on Gamepass. Going to figure out how to refund. The possible 1 week delay sucks, but worth it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Anyone else having issues installing it? I put in my Fig code and it's spitting out an error when I try to download it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zore posted:

Anyone else having issues installing it? I put in my Fig code and it's spitting out an error when I try to download it

It's not actually available to download for another 2 hours.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zore posted:

The game isn't out yet and you're trying to "install" the Phoenix Point Content which are the deluxe edition extras and getting an error because the game isn't out yet.

EGS cannot manage to sort a game and it's DLCs apparently

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

The game isn't out yet and you're trying to "install" the Phoenix Point Content which are the deluxe edition extras and getting an error because the game isn't out yet.

EGS cannot manage to sort a game and it's DLCs apparently

It does it just fine with Borderlands 3, but that is their flagship AAA game, and Gearbox worked on Epic Game Store specifically to make their game work correctly.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I said come in! posted:

Whoops, bought the deluxe edition and then saw that Phoenix Point will be on Gamepass. Going to figure out how to refund. The possible 1 week delay sucks, but worth it.

I did a refund for exactly the same reason when Outer Worlds came out. For all it’s issues, the Epic store refund process is pretty fast and painless.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I was just able to hit install so I think it's gone live.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hopefully gamepass unlocks in 10.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is the evolution mechanic even in the game? I don't remember hearing anything about it after the crowdfunding campaign was over.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Hopefully gamepass unlocks in 10.

Install completed on the Pc for me a few mins ago and just started the game.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baconroll posted:

Install completed on the Pc for me a few mins ago and just started the game.

Did you get it on the microsoft store? I still can't even find the listing.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Oof. I bought it for the EGS but I did it through their website instead of through EGS itself so I'm probably screwed. Oh well, I kind of feel like giving Gollop money anyway for how many hours I got out of X DASH Com when I was younger.

edit: does the pc version on gamepass have xbox achievements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Jack Trades posted:

Is the evolution mechanic even in the game? I don't remember hearing anything about it after the crowdfunding campaign was over.

It should be but it always sounded like something that worked better on paper than in practice so who knows if they ever got it working like they intended.

Edit: anyone know the full size of the game with the DLC? I probably need to free up a little space but I hope it's not too crazy.

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 3, 2019