Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

twoday posted:

Not sure what to write in it yet.

I made it a font: https://trumpscript.netlify.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
this is amazing

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
lmao, this owns and will make it much easier for me to write out stuff in TrumpScript in the book, thank you

also, looking at my gangtag, I have to say that it is oddly reminiscent of trump's handwriting, which was not intentional

twoday has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Dec 3, 2019

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

twoday posted:

Well, the dates of all the Solomonic grimoires are highly questionable, but the one which is argued to be the oldest is the Testament of Solomon, and the last few paragraphs of that one describe his fall from grace. He mentions his many wives, and the last one who did him in. The thing was not that she was foreign, I *think* many of his wives were, but that she would not allow him to get near her unless he abandoned YHWH and started making sacrifices to other gods. He then crushed five locusts in his hand as a half-assed sacrifice to her gods, in an attempt to get into her pants, and at once the spirit of God left him and he lost all of his powers.

As for the script, yes, I am aware of it, and I have also devised a similar script to use in the book where every letter is a variation of the letters T, R, U, M, or P.

Not sure what to write in it yet.

:eyepop:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

twoday posted:

lmao, this owns and will make it much easier for me to write out stuff in TrumpScript in the book, thank you

also, looking at my gangtag, I have to say that it is oddly reminiscent of trump's handwriting, which was not intentional

I used https://www.calligraphr.com to do it. Their free thing seems fine, but it looks like for $8 you can have ligatures and random alternate versions so it looks more like hand written stuff than the same exact thing each letter. Just in case you want to do a better version with more control over how it ends up.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

twoday
May 4, 2005

It is so confusing to read, but lmao

Thank you, Pardot, that's really cool, perhaps I will work on making it a bit easier to read, the A and O are really similar for instance.

In other news, I found a fancy little table in the garbage, I hereby declare it to be the official Book of C-SPAM table

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
good trash find and good cat

twoday
May 4, 2005

When the book is on the table, the only way to read it is by kneeling

perfect

I will paint words on it in TrumpScript

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

It is so confusing to read, but lmao

Thank you, Pardot, that's really cool, perhaps I will work on making it a bit easier to read, the A and O are really similar for instance.

In other news, I found a fancy little table in the garbage, I hereby declare it to be the official Book of C-SPAM table

That table is good and your proofreader is cute

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

twoday posted:

Well, the dates of all the Solomonic grimoires are highly questionable, but the one which is argued to be the oldest is the Testament of Solomon, and the last few paragraphs of that one describe his fall from grace. He mentions his many wives, and the last one who did him in. The thing was not that she was foreign, I *think* many of his wives were, but that she would not allow him to get near her unless he abandoned YHWH and started making sacrifices to other gods. He then crushed five locusts in his hand as a half-assed sacrifice to her gods, in an attempt to get into her pants, and at once the spirit of God left him and he lost all of his powers.

Just to be clear, did you just quote me an **apocryphal** story?

the Testament of Solomon posted:

Then Ephippas and another demon from the Red Sea bring a miraculous column made of something purple (translation obscure) from out of the Red Sea. This Red Sea demon reveals himself as Abizithibod, and claims to be the demon who supported the Egyptian magicians against Moses, and who hardened the pharaoh's heart, but had been caught with the Egyptian host when the sea returned and held down by this pillar until Ephippas came and together they could lift it.

There follows a short conclusion in which Solomon describes how he fell in love with a Shunammite woman, and agreed to worship Remphan and Moloch in exchange for sex.[10] Solomon agrees to sacrifice to them, but at first only sacrifices five locusts by simply crushing them in his hand. Immediately, the spirit of God departs from him, and he is made foolish and his name becomes a joke to both humans and demons. Solomon concludes his text with a warning to the readers; he tells them to not abandon their beliefs for sex like he did.

Next time just use the brick testament, geez

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Also a list of illustrations and names of the demons in Solomon's orb

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

quote:

Paimon (also Paimonia, Paymon) is one of the Kings of Hell, more obedient to Lucifer than other kings are, and has two hundred legions of demons under his rule. He has a great voice and roars as soon as he comes,

:same:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Also this is almost DnD like in how many demons they are, and their ranks of kings, princes, earls, counts, barons, cacodemons, presidents.....

The lower rank guys.........this is the illustration of a demon marquis

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

last post, loving hell, there's a demon who's portfolio is liberal arts

he can also bring insanity on whomever you want

twoday
May 4, 2005

nice meltdown

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

Also this is almost DnD like in how many demons they are, and their ranks of kings, princes, earls, counts, barons, cacodemons, presidents.....

The lower rank guys.........this is the illustration of a demon marquis

Look at that hecking good boy. 14/10

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

Just to be clear, did you just quote me an **apocryphal** story?

It's all real, everything is real

Also thank you for your discourse

It's a weird coincidence, I randomly bought a bunch of random cheap rear end grimoires and read the Testament the day before you posted that, just to catch up on my grimoire knowledge, so I felt like I could seem really hip if I replied to you with it. I also have the Greater Key, which I haven't read yet.

All this stuff is fascinating and gives me inspiration on how to progress with my own esoteric works

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

quote:

Early Roman Emperors avoided any type of ceremony or regalia different from what was already usual for republican offices in the Roman Republic: the most intrusive change had been changing the color of their robe to purple. Later new symbols of worldly and/or spiritual power, like the orb, became an essential part of the imperial accessories.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I was about to write this whole post about Gibbon and Diocletian when I realized this is the Book of C-SPAM thread and you just want to point out the word "orb"

twoday
May 4, 2005

:orb:

Where did the romans get the idea of the orb from?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
jupiter holding the world in his hand

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Flavius Aetass posted:

jupiter holding the world in his hand

So Atlas isn't really needed?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nebakenezzer posted:

So Atlas isn't really needed?

:shrug:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Jupiter Flexed.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

hell yeah, now that’s the good stuff

twoday
May 4, 2005

GOOGLE RESEARCH FLAT EARTH

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'm pretty sure this is trolling, but it is **so hard to tell** with these people

e: Transcendental art, I know I've mentioned it elsewhere in CSPAM, not sure if I have here:

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Dec 5, 2019

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

time cube real

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'm blanking on the dude's name who did the above, but he was an art school dude who became an architect. Apparently he was once employed as somebody to watch TV at night with Andy Warhol

Once I learned the drive behind his work was creative rather than mental illness, I ended up digging it

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Seth Myers' closer look segment is oddly rich in TUMP visuals, as well as another utterly unhinged thing the president said

twoday
May 4, 2005

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:allears:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

when the bird god thunks

it is the end of the bak'tun

good thing time does not exist

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

:allears:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

From a 1944 Popular Science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'm leaving you a dead mouse on the counter of the breakfast nook:

Like Ronald Reagan introducing Yakov Smirnov, this too is now an official part of the presidential record