Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I know we say this a lot' but what the gently caress is wrong with his brain?

Also Matt "2 DUI possibly killed my gay roommate" Gaetz is a fun guy to talk about corruption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Jesus, Macron tells the baby to shut up and be serious. Trump looks like a loving fool and gets slapped around by Macron lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1201876770204590081

quote:

When asked in London why North Korea has continued its nuclear program, Trump told reporters that "he definitely likes sending up rockets, doesn't he," referring to Kim.
"That's why I call him Rocket Man," Trump said.

He added: "I have confidence in him. I like him, he likes me, we have a good relationship. ... We'll see what happens. It may work out, it may not."
"If I weren't president, you'd be in a war right now in Asia, and who knows where that leads," he continued.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

drat, Macron's posture there.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

friendbot2000 posted:

Jesus, Macron tells the baby to shut up and be serious. Trump looks like a loving fool and gets slapped around by Macron lol

To be fair, any place Trump has to face people less wussy than the media he gets manhandled quite easily. Remember a hundred years ago when Turkey's president told Trump they were going to move into Syria and trump said "Ok. Pull all our troops back"

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

DandyLion posted:

Lol Debtor's Prison's are one of the most humane things to happen during the Trump administration my man. Comparatively speaking one could almost look at them as a net positive in this the year of our hellworld 2019.

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/i_m_m/status/1201864071114633216

Debtor Prisons are so hot right now. Goddamn this is infuriating.

God drat

quote:

Limas and Greer [debtors] say they went to court planning to speak to a judge. After addressing their case with Stauffer [debt collector who set up outside the courtroom] they asked her if they were “good to go.” When she said yes, according to Greer, they took that to mean that they had fulfilled their obligations at the courthouse. Limas and Greer left. They were absent when their case was heard before a judge an hour later.

[...]

When they came to Limas’ case, Stauffer told the judge that Limas had paid $200 in bail but had told her he was planning to file for bankruptcy. “We were going to set up arrangements,” she explained. “He walked out.”

[...]

A few weeks after the hearing, a constable showed up at the home of Limas and Greer to arrest him. Greer said she was able to provide evidence of the couple’s bankruptcy filing and the constable went away, but not before informing her that court records indicated Limas had missed his court date.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Some real "annoyed dad" energy there lol

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Thanks to capitalism demanding we work ourselves to death for nothing nobody has any time to maintain friendships or connections to the wider community anymore, much less make new ones.

So people are lonely, surrounded by stress, and so tend towards fear and paranoia. Then they only have a phone/computer for companionship that constantly screams that ____ is out to get you. So they turn into conservatives.

I suspect something as simple as a 4 day work week would destroy conservatism as it exists right now.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Numlock posted:

So people are lonely, surrounded by stress, and so tend towards fear and paranoia. Then they only have a phone/computer for companionship that constantly screams that ____ is out to get you. So they turn into conservatives.

TBF this is what turned me into a raving communist, lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

TBF this is what turned me into a raving communist, lol

Yeah, same. :rip: LF

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Numlock posted:

Thanks to capitalism demanding we work ourselves to death for nothing nobody has any time to maintain friendships or connections to the wider community anymore, much less make new ones.

I suspect something as simple as a 4 day work week would destroy conservatism as it exists right now.

You're partially right but this doesn't explain retired boomers. I don't think work itself factors into this too much. Technology, definitely.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't remember as many sitting down press conferences before.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

GoutPatrol posted:

I don't remember as many sitting down press conferences before.

Probably because pissbaby cant stand up for long periods of time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also Trump thinks that 80s power position is a good look. It lets him hide his gut and let his shoulder pads do the talking.

Oh and hey something else for the supreme court. maybe they can just roll them into one giant "gently caress everything" package and be done with it.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1201889003731070978?s=20

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 3, 2019

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

COOL CORN posted:

My dad is a southern preacher in the International Pentecostal Holiness Church, and it's just as wild and right-wing conservative as you can imagine. Those sorts of Christian fundamentalist folks are ALL OVER the south, and "aggressively metastatic persecution complex" describes their entire schtick. It's not that we need to help others, it's that we need to protect ourselves against this world of sin coming to kill us, 24/7, no sleep, ever vigilant.

And Fox News is absolutely an extension of pandering to that sort of voter.

"Liberals" and "liberal indoctrination" have taken the place of demons and demonic possession.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

But I thought they were in love

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its facinating watching various shitheads wrap trump around their fingers and transparently poo poo on him while he smiles and praises them.

Willo567 posted:

But I thought they were in love

trump still is. he was doing it affectionately. kim could magically blow up new york and trump would vacantly smile and thank kim for giving him so much vacant land to put towers on.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Never underestimate Trump’s ability to step on to another rake after just getting hit in the face by one.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ice Phisherman posted:

I disagree. Someone charismatic doesn't rise to the top in politics very often. When they dump Trump, they'll memory hole him fairly quickly, but who fills those shoes?

And this is an honest question. Who in the republican party has Trump's charisma to unite the fascists together? I don't see anyone at the moment in power who can do it. They'll pretend at charisma, but anyone truly charismatic will still need money and they'll bow to corporate interests who will water down what they say and that will turn people off.

Trump isn't unique, but our political system tens to filter out charismatic demagogues.

tulsi gabbard :v:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SocketWrench posted:

Holy poo poo, yeah PROJECTION! Literally have an entire administration caught doing crimes while their lawyer explains the crimes they did to news agencies and "No, it's the liberals that are corrupt". loving amazing

Its not amazing. As long as they keep telling Fox News viewers lies a substantial plurality of them will find it easier to just accept the lies and not bother to find out the truth.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ewiley posted:

coming days and weeks? motherfucker did you actually forget you announced Space Force like not even a year ago?

stay tuned don't touch that dial

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i will say while i dislike macron i admit i enjoy him making trump look like an rear end in a top hat every 10 min.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i will say while i dislike macron i admit i enjoy him making trump look like an rear end in a top hat every 10 min.

Macron is garbage but Trump is such a massive pile of poo poo literally any other leader in the world looks better and more competent just by being in the same room as him

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was a sobering moment watching the Croatia/France World Cup finals, hearing the announcers mention off-handedly that Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic speaks seven languages, and realizing that our president can barely speak one

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Macron is garbage but Trump is such a massive pile of poo poo literally any other leader in the world looks better and more competent just by being in the same room as him

Boris Johnson

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah I don’t know much about Macron but he appears to have figured out Trump and knows exactly what to do/say around him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1201904093024927744

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Boris Johnson

Blojo is still somehow smarter than trump probably. not by much though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1201901831238176768

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1201900125028864000

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

how does that not end nato right then and there

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Blojo is still somehow smarter than trump probably. not by much though.

He embraces the fact that people see him as an imbecile, which shows more brainpower than Trump ever has

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

It's super cool that the president is making sure our mutual defense treaties are good and vague.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Fallom posted:

Because he could be gone in a year, and many people desperately hope that we can just rewind and pretend none of it ever happened.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Fallom posted:

Everyone involved knows Trump is full of poo poo and ultimately temporary. And if it came down to it would likely be overruled on threat of removal have his mind changed if it were a proper existential treat to another NATO member.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress you so much

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1201905571324149760

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Fallom posted:

It would take an actual abandonment og a NATO member to dissolve it. Words alone aren't going to do it. So fully expect a NATO member to be attacked before his term is over to test this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

It would take an actual abandonment og a NATO member to dissolve it. Words alone aren't going to do it. So fully expect a NATO member to be attacked before his term is over to test this.

It's definitely a good time to try!

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Military looting is a war crime, right?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The United States can say whatever we want wrt NATO, and until a war breaks out and we don't do poo poo then people can discuss the end of NATO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1201908632465620995