Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
They’ve been excellent

Though I don’t understand brining out Andy Daly for example for just the last 10-20 minutes. Or whoever is last. Is this intentional or just that they lose track of time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This interview portion's a bit brutal. Viral tweet comedy's just not that interesting.

It is funny that the Zendaya is Meechee guy and the September guy are room mates.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I was trying to put together my top episodes of the year, and usually I can get 15+ episodes. I barely made it to 10 this year. Lots of clunkers, lots of bad guests he's been having over and over again.

I just haven't been able to find Ele Woods, Madeleine Walter, Lily Sullivan, and a bunch of others to be funny at all :(

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Scott needs to ban entrepreneurs for a year.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Maarak posted:

No entrepreneurs, no chefs/bakers/cooks. Talking about cooking / preparing / tasting food isn't funny in an audio format.

Food characters like Eugenia Wobbles and Cake Boss work because their bit has nothing to do with cooking. One is a crazy old lady with a tenuous grasp on reality, and the other has been given the power of second sight. They aren't talking about farting on pasta.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Maarak posted:

yeah, i've only been listening when i see names i like recently, or when this thread brings up a good ep. like I mentioned with Ego, she is funny as poo poo, but Entre sucks as a character and PFT basically already did the best entrepreneur character ever with Ice T.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Gary Urbansky is pretty great.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://twitter.com/nyt_diff/status/1197507218909941761

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, when is Stitcher going to out up the last of the tour episodes? I was kind of expecting to see them up there by now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Scott needs to drop a hint early on when someone comes on with a character that's way too similar to someone else's, so it can quickly warp into something else.
I'm thinking of the two characters who's thing was making sandwhiches in the studio.

edit: I feel like this year had a few good non-comedian guests, but maybe I'm just thinking of Yacht.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 27, 2019

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Scott needs to drop a hint early on when someone comes on with a character that's way too similar to someone else's, so it can quickly warp into something else.
I'm thinking of the two characters who's thing was making sandwiches in the studio.

edit: I feel like this year had a few good non-comedian guests, but maybe I'm just thinking of Yacht.

the vibe is just different now, and i feel like there is less planning ahead of time, which clearly used to happen more. Like when scott kept trying to get horatio to do the 7 days of kwanzaa by asking "about the holidays"

the show gave us human skin truck baby this year, and thats the hardest i've laughed this year besides I Think You Should Leave, so its still by far one of my fav shows. maybe scott just needs a break or something

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 27, 2019

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the vibe is just different now, and i feel like there is less planning ahead of time, which clearly used to happen more. Like when scott kept trying to get horatio to do the 7 days of kwanzaa by asking "about the holidays"

the show gave us human skin truck baby this year, and compared thats the hardest i've laughed besides I Think You Should Leave, so its still by far one of my fav shows. maybe scott just needs a break or something

Speaking of I Think You Should, I think Tim Robinson's CBB episode was great. The clips of him talking to his wife were gold in and of themselves.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Grabbed the $15 stitcher yearly deal again (code: DOORBUSTER for those who are interested) and listening to the 2019 Tour episodes, and before I get irrationally angry at Scott (and also everyone else involved), something that happens on a fairly regular basis when they don't seem to know about the existence of basic things, I have to ask... does the word CUBOID exist in American English?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Of course. Here in America all we DO is sit around yelling "cuboid" at one another

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I've never heard of cuboids in my life. We call them rectangular prisms in geometry class but it's a kinda obscure term

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Riptor posted:

Of course. Here in America all we DO is sit around yelling "cuboid" at one another

I'm actually in the states these days, so will yell CUBOID at people now so they know I'm cool.

And yeah, it stems from an argument the 3 of them are having about what a 3D rectangle is called and the only thing that's suggested is 'cube'. Cuboid is a term that everyone knows from age 5 or so back home, so it was breaking my head that nobody could answer the question. It's kinda weird there's no common word for it here!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There's a bit in a Your The Man Now Dog, half of Teacher's Lounge new podcast, where guest Jon Gabrus is pretending to be a shrink but is blanking on the name for the DSM. After the scene has ended the deep voiced Teacher explains how he struggled as an improvisor to not jump in as a new character to provide this bit of trivia.

fake e: it's wired that they seem unaware of the old internet humour site but ah well.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a bit in a Your The Man Now Dog, half of Teacher's Lounge new podcast, where guest Jon Gabrus is pretending to be a shrink but is blanking on the name for the DSM. After the scene has ended the deep voiced Teacher explains how he struggled as an improvisor to not jump in as a new character to provide this bit of trivia.

fake e: it's wired that they seem unaware of the old internet humour site but ah well.

Ive read this like 3 times and maybe have half of an idea of what is being described

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Makes sense to me :confused:

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a bit in a Your The Man Now Dog, the new podcast with two of the four Teachers Lounge hosts (Dan Lippert [Todd Padre] and Ryan Rosenberg [Sam Weatherman]), where guest Jon Gabrus is pretending to be a shrink but is blanking on the name for the Manual of Mental Disorders (know as the DSM). After the scene has ended, Dan )the deep voiced Teacher) explains how he struggled as an improvisor to not jump in as a new character to provide this bit of trivia.

Since it took me two reads to get it as well....I think I translated it correctly

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was how I read it too. Seemed to make sense to me, but I know if you get tripped up on just one word sometimes it makes a whole paragraph impossible to parse.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I imagine Gabrus was really straining waiting for an opening to make a gas/brakes joke in this episode and I'm glad he got his opportunity

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

xbilkis posted:

I imagine Gabrus was really straining waiting for an opening to talk about his masturbation habits

fixed so it applies to literally anything Gabrus is involved with

I cringed a little when Scott seemed to think Exmouth was a town that Middleditch made up.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I listened but missed Gabrus' reference to the interview. What was it?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The discussion happens right before the first break. They notice that Middleditch is a boring person as himself and then they vaguely talk about the Playboy interview as he gets increasingly uncomfortable. It's really funny.

Edit: Unrelated:
I'm not surprised that Gabrus has never heard of the Boer Wars, but Scotty 2 Hotty? Tut tut.

Gargamel Gibson fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 3, 2019

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Gargamel Gibson posted:

The discussion happens right before the first break. They notice that Middleditch is a boring person as himself and then they vaguely talk about the Playboy interview as he gets increasingly uncomfortable. It's really funny.

I loved how the pressure in the room immediately deflated.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Loved Todd's Scanta story. What a lovely tradition.

#BelieveTodd

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I usually listen to CBB in bed, and it takes far too many attempts to listen to the complete episode. I might have to make an exception for what is always such a great episode though.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Also, speaking of the Folgers Peter ad:

https://www.gq.com/story/folgers-in...er&utm_brand=gq

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Wow, it was 15 whole minutes before Gabrus mentioned masturbation.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

After the tour eps I'm pretty Todded out, and Lauren left before Santa showed up :/
And the band (the one that didnt sing about trucks) sucked.

Everything else was good :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 17, 2019

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know, offhand, the time stamp for Dash Grabem on the Christmas ep this week? I have a friend who would really get a kick out of the bit, but they are not gonna listen to the whole episode for it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Does anyone know, offhand, the time stamp for Dash Grabem on the Christmas ep this week? I have a friend who would really get a kick out of the bit, but they are not gonna listen to the whole episode for it.

1:58:30 ish

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Teenage Fansub posted:

After the tour eps I'm pretty Todded out, and Lauren left before Santa showed up :/
And the band (the one that didnt sing about trucks) sucked.

Everything else was good :)

I still enjoy Todd (I am WAY more tired of Gabrus), although I do agree that it's a shame we didn't get hear HoHo. Also, I really liked the band. In all, this was one of the better "whole bunch of guests" episodes.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Lauren Lapkus has just started smoking weed before her CBB appearances. I'm pretty sure she was stoned throughout the live episodes, but I think she's started doing it before the studio eps now, too.

Thank you!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Franchescanado posted:

I'm pretty sure Lauren Lapkus has just started smoking weed before her CBB appearances. I'm pretty sure she was stoned throughout the live episodes, but I think she's started doing it before the studio eps now, too.

Maybe that's why she's constantly giggling as her non-Todd characters

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Eh. The AFHV lady is pretty much based on her having trouble with busting up and that's years old.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Todd is pretty easily my favorite Lauren character. I appreciate anything that forces Scott out of autopilot host mode

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

Todd is pretty easily my favorite Lauren character. I appreciate anything that forces Scott out of autopilot host mode

I think this is why Traci Reardon is my favorite. Regina Crimps usually gets me laughing a lot, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I've been slowly working my way through the tour episodes, and honestly I'm at the point where I feel like the core three are boring the poo poo out of me and I just want guests to come on (shout out to OJ in particular). I don't know if their dynamic has changed now that they've done so many episodes together or if I just got tired of it, but while the 2017 tour played a big part in making me like CBB again, this year's tour is doing the opposite. I still like all three of them, so it bums me out that I'm not enjoying the episodes.

Franchescanado posted:

That would make sense. There was a part in one of the last ones where she just kept repeating the same thing in different voices for like two minutes and giggling and I thought it was unbearable.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 18, 2019