Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

tribbledirigible posted:

I hate money, how about you?

LG C9 Series 77" OLED 4K (2160p) UHD Smart TV with AI ThinQ & HDR (2019 Model)

Bose Soundbar 700 + Subwoofer

The guy threw in these:

$500 in store gift card, because, gently caress, why not incentivize me to lose more money?

Now for my actual holiday shopping...:cry:

God drat this is a good television. Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wanted to get the 77", but I would have had to rearrange my front room. I envy you friend.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wanted to get the 77", but I would have had to rearrange my front room. I envy you friend.

Funny you say that. It's set off something like a hermit crab shell exchange in the house. This displaces the old basement tv, which now has to be brought up to the living room, and so on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha! Same! My new C9 is displacing my living room TV, which will now be my new bedroom TV, and my kind of broken bedroom TV will be the new spare room TV.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bought a Pixel 3a XL as I hate my current phone.
Also picked up a Spigen case, screen protector and this for my other half for Christmas:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's really nice.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Finished building the bootlego shop:

Turned out great, and the pieces were indistinguishable from legos, so I decided to pick up a few more sets!

JEEVES420 posted:

When China arrests on copyright infringement you know it's bad.
https://brickset.com/article/43475/police-raid-lepin-factory-owner-arrested

What’s interesting is that legos themselves are a knockoff of Kiddicraft’s Bri-Plax interlocking bricks, and Lego’s founder literally stole schematics from the British company that supplied their injection molding machines. Lego quietly bought Kiddicraft in 1981, paid a settlement to the owner’s family, and scrubbed all mentions of them from their history.

Same way with that oreos are a lovely knockoff of Hyrdox cookies!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

spookygonk posted:

Bought a Pixel 3a XL as I hate my current phone.
Also picked up a Spigen case, screen protector and this for my other half for Christmas:

Same, only not the XL, and also didn't buy that Poorly Drawn Lines book.

I'm actually downgrading on phones, my current one is a Pixel 3XL I bought last year, but it has been dropped MANY times and now has a giant black spot in the middle, as well as other cracks all over, and it practically unusable.

I'm hoping a smaller phone means I won't drop it as much? I also got a better case than the one I use now and the glass screen protector might help, too.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I got this puzzle for my parents:

BTW, is there any thread going for gift suggestions or to report gifts you've bought? I'm having a hard time this year and want to steal some ideas. Or is this that thread?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I smell so loving good right now

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That looks like you can drink it. Can you drink it? It says perfume but....I don't know....

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

That looks like you can drink it. Can you drink it? It says perfume but....I don't know....

It says "booze" on the bottle... what do you think?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think they're using booze to mean that the compound ends in a bonded OH ion.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Of course you can drink it. But that's true of all liquids.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

You can't drink MTv's Liquid Television. :colbert:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Solice Kirsk posted:

You can't drink MTv's Liquid Television. :colbert:

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

ReidRansom posted:

Can you drink something if your throat doesn't exist to get it down?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I must drink but I have no mouth

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Mu Zeta posted:

I must drink but I have no mouth

Necessity is the mother of all invention. How do you think the Butt Chug was invented?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

JEEVES420 posted:

Necessity is the mother of all invention. How do you think the Butt Chug was invented?

The best part about eating flaming hot lava with my rear end is that it burns going in and coming out, but my mouth is still fine!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Picked up a floodlight camera on sale:

Went to install it on my garage and realized there is absolutely no way I'm doing this on my own, on a ladder. Guess I'll hire a handyman

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Picked up a floodlight camera on sale:

Went to install it on my garage and realized there is absolutely no way I'm doing this on my own, on a ladder. Guess I'll hire a handyman

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

OSU_Matthew posted:

What’s interesting is that legos themselves are a knockoff of Kiddicraft’s Bri-Plax interlocking bricks, and Lego’s founder literally stole schematics from the British company that supplied their injection molding machines. Lego quietly bought Kiddicraft in 1981, paid a settlement to the owner’s family, and scrubbed all mentions of them from their history.

Same way with that oreos are a lovely knockoff of Hyrdox cookies!

Dang, this was totally skipped over in the The Toys That Made Us episode on Legos

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

How would they steal mold design from a machine company? They normally aren't the same company that makes the mold and the machine.

mystes
May 31, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

How would they steal mold design from a machine company? They normally aren't the same company that makes the mold and the machine.
Not sure if this is accurate but according to https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2014/02/06/kiddicraft-the-company-lego-ripped-off-to-make-plastic-bricks

quote:

But times changed after WWII. Plastic became a big thing, and when the Lego people bought a plastic mold injector the salesman showed them an example of what a British guy was doing with plastic. The British guy was Hilary Fisher Page, and he had created - and legally patented - a plastic building block. The Lego people were intrigued, and they began working on their own plastic bricks based on that design. That patented design.
It's not totally clear, but this makes it sound more like the injection molding company just had samples of the finished Kiddiecraft bricks that Lego looked at and reverse engineered.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
I got a smol chonky reindeer from Tokyu Hands :3:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

mania posted:

I got a smol chonky reindeer from Tokyu Hands :3:

Tokyu Hands is like the definition of impulse reptile brain purchasing. I could never escape that place without all kinds of sticker packs and pens and poo poo I seriously do no need, but it's so awesome.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Tokyu Hands is like the definition of impulse reptile brain purchasing. I could never escape that place without all kinds of sticker packs and pens and poo poo I seriously do no need, but it's so awesome.

Same, and also Loft. And Beams.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Picked up this sweet belt buckle on Etsy:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Heads up - this case is terrible with airflow and does gently caress all to keep temperatures low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3n80GxU-Zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpu0IXJ25sM

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a q300l it's fine.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

Paid to have my thigh tattoo totally reworked and I love it now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

clockwork automaton posted:

It looks awesome!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn that rules.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Normally don't like tattoos, but yes, this is badass.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Looks good. Can we see a before pic?

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

Looks good. Can we see a before pic?

It was this which was jacked partly because it was my first leg tattoo and partly because... well it was just jacked.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

It was this which was jacked partly because it was my first leg tattoo and partly because... well it was just jacked.

Wow, that looks so much better now. You must be thrilled. It looks great now.

For content, I bought out the shelf's worth of this at Target. It's everything I ever wanted, and reminds me a little of home, too, for what it's worth.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yeah, I don’t know anything about tattoos but that is def an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

That's an absolutely awesome tattoo!