Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Violator posted:

Man, Die Hard with a vengeance is such a great movie.
I bought the whole series pack on Blu-Ray after reading the December lineup because I realized I didn't have that one on Blu :getin:

It really is the second-best of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I forgot December is We Love Movies month and was very confused at that list for a second

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Can't wait for all the mid 2000s NYC improv stories

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, this episode's great but it's making me want to relisten to the TuffTurf one.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm a little cautious about the Fury Road one. I think I'm just really protective of that movie, and didn't really feel that way until I read that list despite the avatar. It occurs to me that there isn't too many that I'd say that about.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Firstborn posted:

I'm a little cautious about the Fury Road one. I think I'm just really protective of that movie, and didn't really feel that way until I read that list despite the avatar. It occurs to me that there isn't too many that I'd say that about.

90% sure it's going to be a WLM, not a WHM. I love Fury Road and I'd love to say that's the one that got me worried, but sadly it turns out the movie they've covered that I feel most protective of is National Treasure 2. :negative:

The tunnel scene is underrated!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Firstborn posted:

December is all WLM again

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m glad they’re not above liking RotJ: that movie is great, warts and all.

But it also has the WORST addition in the 2011 SE: Vader screaming “Nooooo” while killing Palpatine. I can forgive a lot George, but that might just be too much.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

BigglesSWE posted:

But it also has the WORST addition in the 2011 SE: Vader screaming “Nooooo” while killing Palpatine. I can forgive a lot George, but that might just be too much.

It's amazing George added something worse than the Jabba's palace musical number, but that did it. :sigh:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I love Jedi, and the Ewoks. It was my favorite as a kid because it was the first Star War I really remembered. My mind used to meld the Death Stars getting destroying and for years I thought the unfinished second dreaded Death Star was the remnants of the first Death Star post-kaboom. I hate all of the Special Edition changes, especially the new ending and accompanying music.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

RotJ is my favorite Star War. Even with the terrible special edition changes, the confrontation in Sheev's throne room is so drat good. It's the emotional core of the entire franchise and it does it so well.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

People forget about the litany of poo poo Lucas added to that movie, there's so much to it. My personal favorite is the little Jar Jar in the corner yelling "WEESA FREE!" after the Ewok celebration.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Marin Karin posted:

It's amazing George added something worse than the Jabba's palace musical number, but that did it. :sigh:

I grew up with the 1997 SE, so that musical number never bothered me much. The “new” music added to the end montage at Endor was an improvement IMO.

I’m grumpy about stuff altered after -97, that’s my hottake.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Totally forgot there was another Special Edition. Damnit George.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Somewhere a very clever writer for io9 is preparing a tweet about how Darth is gonna yell Maclunkey next time he yeets Sheev into a pit.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
the RotJ without the Ewok "yub yub" victory song at the end is a loving war crime.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

extremely online posted:

90% sure it's going to be a WLM, not a WHM. I love Fury Road and I'd love to say that's the one that got me worried, but sadly it turns out the movie they've covered that I feel most protective of is National Treasure 2. :negative:

The tunnel scene is underrated!

I think they will at the very least nerd out about what a technical accomplishment Fury Road is. It's a miracle that a movie like that got made. The practical effects are out of this world.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

How could it not be a WLM? Honestly?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DoubleCakes posted:

How could it not be a WLM? Honestly?

December is WLM month dummies!

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I just listened to the Running Man episode and it's great, they talk about the film taking place in 2017 "in the postapocalyptic society after the Obama administration" and later they talk about the show having celebrity candidates and the audience can call in to vote for who dies, and one of the candidates they suppose is Donald Trump. It's perfect.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Elderbean posted:

Totally forgot there was another Special Edition. Damnit George.

There's really like 3 I guess.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I finally signed up for the Patreon because these dudes have given me more than enough value for my money and make my work day tolerable.

But is it me or is the way these shows, links and streams really all over the place and unorganized? I feel like every time I play a show or switch from my laptop to my phone, the interface is different, wonky and confusing. I think I've got it figured out on the laptop but on the phone it goes from Google drive, to WHM Prime and even though I bookmarked poo poo once I got it right it still seems like like it's loving with me. Could be because I am :corsair: and don't use a ton of phone apps but any help would be appreciated.

Like, on the WHM Prime site, it lists everything even if I just want episodes by category or a basic list and poo poo like that. Could also be I have an older (3 years or so) phone

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BiggerBoat posted:

I finally signed up for the Patreon because these dudes have given me more than enough value for my money and make my work day tolerable.

But is it me or is the way these shows, links and streams really all over the place and unorganized? I feel like every time I play a show or switch from my laptop to my phone, the interface is different, wonky and confusing. I think I've got it figured out on the laptop but on the phone it goes from Google drive, to WHM Prime and even though I bookmarked poo poo once I got it right it still seems like like it's loving with me. Could be because I am :corsair: and don't use a ton of phone apps but any help would be appreciated.

Like, on the WHM Prime site, it lists everything even if I just want episodes by category or a basic list and poo poo like that. Could also be I have an older (3 years or so) phone

I use Downcast for everything (you have to add the Patreon feed manually, iirc, but it's easy) and it's very needs-suiting. It has a keyword search function when you click "see all episodes," which can help for finding things like Mailbag episodes or WLM, and it pulls down everything that's not archived in that Google Drive you should have gotten a link to with your Patreon sub.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BigglesSWE posted:

I grew up with the 1997 SE, so that musical number never bothered me much. The “new” music added to the end montage at Endor was an improvement IMO.

Absolutely not, Yub Nub is far superior

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
The bit in the Childs Play episode where they go on about "Earnest Goes to the Hague" has had me rolling for hours.

"-eeeeEEeEeeWWwwwwWWww- but hes standing over a pile of corpses"

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Wow this guest sucks

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I didn't think he was awful but he really monopolizes the episode. He also finds himself very amusing; he laughed the hardest at his own jokes. I feel like they hardly talked about the movie.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

"Green M&M husband?" got a hearty chuckle out of me.

The guest isnt bad, I'm glad hes a guest I dunno if I could listen to "his" podcast.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I liked the dude, be more interested if his action movie podcast wasn't patreon only though. Did kind of get some Stav vibes from him which I can see people hating.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So weird to see new people react to Gabrus

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I don’t hate this guest but I’m halfway through and it’s like the most unfocused WHM I’ve ever listened to

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ravenkult posted:

Wow this guest sucks

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm pretty anti them having guests in general, as I just don't think they need it, but this guy didn't seem interested in the format of the show. What a waste of a WLM.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ravenkult posted:

Wow this guest sucks

big wrong energy here, I'm halfway through and it rules

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm surprised because I was just thinking that they've had a real hot streak of Good Guests going for a while now. Though I guess the episode would be harder to follow for someone who doesn't have Die Hard 3 crystallized in their brain.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
he won me over with "stop lapping up that puddle of corn syrup" i'll admit.

their best guests are the ones they're already friends with because the established group chemistry is one of the high points of the show. but i've never found an episode unlistenable because of a guest. i feel bad for the guy on salvation because that episode was dull, but only because there's nothing to talk about. sam worthington is a piece of wood and christian bale yells in a desert, the end

e: btw i listened to the son of the mask episode again, and "they're like hollow-point sperm" is an all-time cabin line.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
on at least one occasion I've relistened to most of the Son of the Mask episode solely to get to Andrew's shell-shocked "Ladies and gentlemen..."

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That Gabrus guy was okay? His laughing wasn't annoying? :shrug:

Hard disagree on him being the worst

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I can't get enough of the Rising Sun episode and them imitating Sean Connery saying "The Japanese" a lot.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

His constant laughing at every line is really annoying that's all. Feels like there's just too many people for a podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I really liked the guest, it felt like he changed the energy of the session quite a bit, everyone seemed a bit faster paced with them all really trying to one-up each other. Can see why that wouldn't be for everyone, but I enjoyed it.