Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Really fun issue, though. I forget how many plans the X-Men tried, but it was like over a hundred, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

jng2058 posted:

Really fun issue, though. I forget how many plans the X-Men tried, but it was like over a hundred, wasn't it?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Rockslide needs to be in the MCU someday.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

MH Knights posted:

Rockslide needs to be in the MCU someday.

The MCU needs to be worthy of Rockslide first.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Unlucky7 posted:

drat, the punch (and the face caving in) in the last panel of page 5 is just gnarly
when spider-man gets beat his mask always gets ripped so you can see the damage, here the damage is so bad they don't even tear the mask to let you see.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I'm picturing those quick cutscenes from the latest Mortal Kombat games where it gives you an X-ray of skulls cracking, bones snapping, or organs being shredded.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Push El Burrito posted:

He also gave Hope the Great Power Comes Great Responsibility stuff. This was done better when he tried it with Franklin Richards and Ben immediately picked him up and set him aside because that kid is NOT ready to deal with that much responsibility.

Edit:

I will always laugh at Spider-Man just dangling in the air, still sitting.

What issue is this?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Yvonmukluk posted:

What issue is this?

Fantastic Four #3 from 2018

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Push El Burrito posted:

Edit:

I will always laugh at Spider-Man just dangling in the air, still sitting.

I also like the little bits of rock falling off his feet as his powers were presumably still "on"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dont listen to uncle ben, listen to me, uncle ben

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I still think the funniest part of this is Gambit's "Man, gently caress it" body language.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

I still think the funniest part of this is Gambit's "Man, gently caress it" body language.

"gently caress, I got dressed for this? I got my staff and everything and all you need me to do is charge this one guy? Dammit..."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gambit does not put on his face mask thing for just anyone, cher

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

bony tony posted:

Gambit does not put on his face mask thing for just anyone, cher

Gambit say "it not you"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I haven't read that issue, but if Rockslide turned into a living bomb isn't he dead?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Azubah posted:

I haven't read that issue, but if Rockslide turned into a living bomb isn't he dead?

Nope, not the first time he's blown up at that point. He's more like a conciseness that inhabits the bodies he makes like a golem. At one point he does it to lava and looks like that instead.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That explains the excitement then, I thought he was an emo rock dude instead and figured that was a rad way to die.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Azubah posted:

That explains the excitement then, I thought he was an emo rock dude instead and figured that was a rad way to die.

He wouldn't be wrong.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Azubah posted:

He's really not emo, quite the opposite. Rockslide is awesome.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Can't forget the best one:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Can't forget the best one:

I don't know who wrote this, but the day he was told "I need you to come up with a series of over-the-top-but-ultimately-futile plans for this next issue" was probably one of the greatest in his career.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

I don't know who wrote this, but the day he was told "I need you to come up with a series of over-the-top-but-ultimately-futile plans for this next issue" was probably one of the greatest in his career.

Kieron Gillen, this was part of his Uncanny run.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ElNarez posted:

Kieron Gillen, this was part of his Uncanny run.

Are you sure it's not from a Fear Itself Tie In?

As I read Kieran Gillen's run on Uncanny and it was weird stories featuring Savage Land characters that no one cared about (not even Kazar and Zabu) marred by Greg Land art. And then excellent stories featuring Mr. Sinister.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

Are you sure it's not from a Fear Itself Tie In?

As I read Kieran Gillen's run on Uncanny and it was weird stories featuring Savage Land characters that no one cared about (not even Kazar and Zabu) marred by Greg Land art. And then excellent stories featuring Mr. Sinister.
It was Kieron Gillen's tie-in to Fear Itself originally published in Uncanny X-Men #540-544.

That is, indeed, Greg Land art.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I gather Greg Land can draw, he just prefers not to, especially if he's in a hurry for that page-count dollar. And there wasn't anyone to trace for the Juggernaut, no matter how many issues of Juggs he checked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nessus posted:

I gather Greg Land can draw, he just prefers not to, especially if he's in a hurry for that page-count dollar. And there wasn't anyone to trace for the Juggernaut, no matter how many issues of Juggs he checked.

I almost respect his loving hustle. He just needs to work with writers who can come up with one or two things no one has thought of before. Like on Mighty Avengers he was obviously tracing a white woman when drawing Monica Rambeau, but there's a bit where Blade is fighting flame breathing giant chickens that's amazing.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Skwirl posted:

...but there's a bit where Blade is fighting flame breathing giant chickens that's amazing.

:justpost:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda: The premise of this series is kind of a spinoff out of the current Avengers run, where Black Panther is the chairman of the Avengers, and makes the decision to basically assemble a side super-team to act as reconnaissance agents and handle smaller-scale threats for the Avengers. He's joining them on a mission in Oklahoma to investigate a weird energy signature and find the Sentry who is unintentionally generating shadow demons.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:allears: Fat Cobra is the best

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

I almost respect his loving hustle. He just needs to work with writers who can come up with one or two things no one has thought of before.

I’m now morbidly curious of a Greg Land drawn Animal Man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm sorry did I just see a fat Japanese man eat The Void?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fat Cobra is Chinese, from the magical island of Peng Lai specifically.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gologle posted:

I'm sorry did I just see a fat Japanese man eat The Void?

No, apparently he just had an excess of negative chi pouring out. The Void is still around.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

No, apparently he just had an excess of negative chi pouring out. The Void is still around.

Well yah, Cyclops is still around.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"no guys! you remember sentry! he's the most important character in marvel history and nothing will ever be the same now that he has returned!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sentry ruled because nobody had a clue what to do with him but he had to be included in everything.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I always liked the Sentry and I dug his miniseries quite a bit but drat did he not need to exist past that. It really is a case of people just going crazy with him with no set game plan and no end in sight. He has been dead/erased/vanished/wiped from existence like 5+ times by now and just keeps coming back. Hopefully Fat Cobra aligned his Chi properly so we can just ignore him for another year or so.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Aren't they sort of trying again with Blue Marvel?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cassa posted:

Aren't they sort of trying again with Blue Marvel?

Sort of. He's in way, way less stuff than Sentry ever was.

I'd kind of like to see Marvel redeem Bob and maybe scale him down to a more reasonable power level, if only because "flying brick" is an oddly under-represented power set in Marvel. It's like.. what, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Warpath, and Monet St. Croix? And it seems like they usually play up M's telepathy anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thor's spirit is inside the Destroyer armour and he's fighting against Hela in her Hel realm while Thor's body is back on Earth. I won't get into the full story of what's going on here but I just really like this for Thor matching Hela in cosmos-spanning, reality-tearing, faster-than-light energy beams.

Thor 382