Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Doesn't Titans have Bruce Wayne on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Doesn't Titans have Bruce Wayne on it?

Yes, he's played by Iain Glen (from Game of Thrones) with a weird American accent.

As for Batman/Bruce on Batwoman they probably have some idea about dealing with him on the show because there's too much of a mystery of him being missing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Yes, he's played by Iain Glen (from Game of Thrones) with a weird American accent.

As for Batman/Bruce on Batwoman they probably have some idea about dealing with him on the show because there's too much of a mystery of him being missing.

If they cast a Bruce Wayne, they'll probably pick someone of comparable age to Ruby Rose and just ignore that he's supposed to be like 10 years older than Kate.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm just waiting for a Robin or Nightwing to drop.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

If they cast a Bruce Wayne, they'll probably pick someone of comparable age to Ruby Rose and just ignore that he's supposed to be like 10 years older than Kate.

Well Rose is 33 and probably playing a little younger based on the timeline so you could get a dude a few years old and it would all be within the realm of plausible. I don't think they ever really establish how early Batman is into his career when Kate's mom dies so the 10-13 years might not make him in his 40s or something.

I dunno. I can't say I've paid close attention to the numbers in the exposition.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Get Brett Dalton to play Batman. Agents of SHIELD will probably be done by then.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I think this is why I was confused about Batman not showing up in this show, I remember hearing something about the Jorah Mormont guy playing Bruce Wayne and for some reason I thought it was for Batwoman.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
You guys should stick around for the crossover. Casting spoilers Bruce Wayne is in it and not as a background cameo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

You guys should stick around for the crossover. Casting spoilers Bruce Wayne is in it and not as a background cameo

Are you talking about Kevin Conroy as Kingdom Come Bruce Wayne, or have they cast an actual Earth-1 Bruce Wayne for Batwoman?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I’ve seen Kevin but not an arrow verse model. And I read all the spoiler sites for this stuff.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

GigaPeon posted:

I'm really curious what he's going to look like if Kate can wear his suit with a half hour of alterations.

For him to look right in that cowl she was wearing to start he'd need a neck like a fire hydrant.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oof. Kate, you bitch. Why you hurt Mary like that? :mad:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also god, they really need to find another opera theater venue other than the Orpheum to film "Fancy Arrowverse Gallas" at. This is like the third time this year they've used it between Batwoman, Flash, and Supergirl. It's getting stale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, RIP Catherine.

Also, is it the writing or the person playing Sophie which makes her the total worst? Because that constipated look she gives whenever her husband asks her if she loves him is so annoying.

Heyyyy, crisis

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Dang, that was kind of a great episode. Also Rachel Skarsten continues to do about 300% of the acting in this show, I'm loving the camp.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was all set to complain about how dumb it is for Kate to keep giving Alice more chances but thank god the end seems to be implying she'll finally actually take action.

Also Sophie is still the worst. I think the worst part is the show seems to want us to be supporting this Kate/Sophie romance when it's just plain awful.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Crisis stinger was weird. I completely forgot what day it was and thought somebody had glitched showing the ending of Flash first.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The Crisis stinger was weird. I completely forgot what day it was and thought somebody had glitched showing the ending of Flash first.

And I guess we're gonna have to see that stinger three more times too for Black Lightning, Arrow, and then Flash itself.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I guess Kate took a martial arts class or something, since she went from not being able to take out a chubby middle aged dude with no martial history to taking out a bunch of highly trained paramilitary troops.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lord Bude posted:

I guess Kate took a martial arts class or something, since she went from not being able to take out a chubby middle aged dude with no martial history to taking out a bunch of highly trained paramilitary troops.

Weren't the Crows for that event replaced by Alice's goons?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Bruceski posted:

Weren't the Crows for that event replaced by Alice's goons?

Actually you're right.

Oh well at least she took out a bunch of somewhat experienced violent thugs. That's progress at least.

In any case those fight scenes are how I drat well expect Batwoman to fight, and I hope the showrunners can remember that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
All it had to take was someone dying, and everyone else hating her for Kate to finally realize that, hey maybe she shouldn't let her crazy murder sister get away with literally everything.

And wow Sophie and her husband are the worst. There is a serious situation going on, but hey no, lets just stop and talk about our future. The writers on this show really think they have compelling interpersonal drama, when its high school drama class level at best.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

And wow Sophie and her husband are the worst. There is a serious situation going on, but hey no, lets just stop and talk about our future. The writers on this show really think they have compelling interpersonal drama, when its high school drama class level at best.

I am actively rooting for them to patch things up and get back together because Sophie is an equally awful person and it’s going to blow rotten chunks if/when she hooks up with Kate, so her and Tyler being together is like it’s own little Awful Person Containment Unit keeping them from inflicting their shittiness on other people. Because they utterly deserve one another at this point.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
So how can Mouse now perfectly change his face into someone else that stands up to close scrutiny in perfect light - he's still just wearing a mask right?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mr Beens posted:

So how can Mouse now perfectly change his face into someone else that stands up to close scrutiny in perfect light - he's still just wearing a mask right?
He borrowed the tech from Sin Rostro in Jane the Virgin.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Mary deserves better than this show... and in general.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

Mary deserves better than this show... and in general.

Seriously.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Seriously.

I’m hoping they make her Batgirl/Flamebird/Hawkfire after all this bullshit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Those fake masks piss me off here like they always did in Mission Impossible movies. Just a cheat to pretend to be someone else.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

I am actively rooting for them to patch things up and get back together because Sophie is an equally awful person and it’s going to blow rotten chunks if/when she hooks up with Kate, so her and Tyler being together is like it’s own little Awful Person Containment Unit keeping them from inflicting their shittiness on other people. Because they utterly deserve one another at this point.

Tyler seems like an okay (if boring) guy who just wanted to get married but then stumbled rear end backwards into a CW show. Poor bastard.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Those fake masks piss me off here like they always did in Mission Impossible movies. Just a cheat to pretend to be someone else.

They should work on Darkman rules or something, it's such a lazy spy crutch otherwise.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

TwoPair posted:

Tyler seems like an okay (if boring) guy who just wanted to get married but then stumbled rear end backwards into a CW show. Poor bastard.

Bring back Eddie Thawne for Crisis so he’s got a drinking buddy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

Bring back Eddie Thawne for Crisis so he’s got a drinking buddy.

This, but unironically. Rick Cosnett was one of the best things about Flash Season 1 and it's a tragedy that they've never brought him back in any capacity yet beyond a blip speedforce cameo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

nine-gear crow posted:

I can dig that, but holy poo poo they need to prioritize things.

Also hilariously the Commander of PMC group just wanders around alone when he has a murderous daughter out there. I'd love it if they just got rid of the Crows and we just got GCPD instead. At least they have excuses to be terrible.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I wish they got rid of the show and brought back Gotham. Just put Batwoman and Mary in that.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

nooneofconsequence posted:

I wish they got rid of the show and brought back Gotham. Just put Batwoman and Mary in that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did this week's episode seem super dark, lighting wise, for anyone else?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw, the Desert Rose and Coriana thing are both references from a more recent comic book arc of Batwoman iirc. An arc that was kinda dumb in its own way and not that enjoyable, but much better that what's going on in the current series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Couple thoughts, I'm actually surprised they killed off the stepmom, that definitely seemed like something that would be threatened but something would come up at the last second to save her. Also funny how they've realized pretty quickly into the show's run that they just can't have Kate wear the cowl in the Batcave since it is impossible to emote in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Couple thoughts, I'm actually surprised they killed off the stepmom, that definitely seemed like something that would be threatened but something would come up at the last second to save her. Also funny how they've realized pretty quickly into the show's run that they just can't have Kate wear the cowl in the Batcave since it is impossible to emote in.

Besides, heroes wearing their full costumes in their secret lair always seemed off to me. Skintight armor/bodysuits and full helmets/masks have gotta be constricting as hell, the first thing I'd do after a long day in that poo poo is strip down and take a load off. It'd be like kicking off your shoes after work times a hundred.