Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Werong Bustope posted:

Tbf there's still a surprisingly large number of Nazi furries out there, because I guess theres nothing in the world so baffling and nonsensical that someone out there isn't doing it.

yeah at this point i'm suspicious of furries not because of the kink angle, which is quaint in hell times, but rather because there seems to be an overlap between being a furry, anime nerd, or gamer, and having extraordinarily online opinions about politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Theophany posted:

I was on holiday in Bali earlier this year and visited a place where they made all these different teas and coffees and seeing Mangosteen tea on the menu made me do a double take.

No benefits for skeletal health though :(
I was completely wrecked from a hangover recently and got one of those aloe drinks with mangosteen and it helped a lot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I think it was leopard testicles? Or cheetah maybe they looked like Cheetos

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Violence posted:

Here's a bit of Pick drama: One time in that hilarious but terrible relationships thread, Pick went on a tangent that it was actually LGBT's fault that they were discriminated against and if they would all just be more respectable to cishet people and stop being so uppity, Pride would be celebrated nationwide. She defended her position by saying that as a conventionally attractive cis, white, bi woman she never experienced any anti-LGBT discrimination l so it was all made up.

So yeah doing on of those kinds of posts is probably why she got thrown out of the thread and now is here demanding for us to go through her post history and debate her.

This is why a lot of people don't like Pick. When your gimmick is indistinguishable from the actual harassment people face, is it really "trolling" when people get upset by it? Everyone acts as if Pick is just some master troll people hate for being a woman but maybe it's just that people don't like "ironic" discrimination and harassment? I like Pick's art and any posting that I've seen that wasn't attempting to stir the pot. But the pot stirring never comes across as anything other than genuine to me. Either genuinely believed, or genuinely meant to hurt people. And whether it's meant to or not, it obviously does hurt people.
It just boggles my mind that someone can harass others for being lgbt or poor or disabled or whatever else and people just say "lol don't fall for the troll why does everyone hate Pick guess gbs just hates women lol"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It feels like it'd be like super easy to red text with for example links to such things. As it stands I shrug because it's clear I have a mythical quality beyond my control given I've been redtexted wrt topics I have never posted about.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

luxury handset posted:

yeah at this point i'm suspicious of furries not because of the kink angle, which is quaint in hell times, but rather because there seems to be an overlap between being a furry, anime nerd, or gamer, and having extraordinarily online opinions about politics

A lot of niche nerd communities (furries, anime, tabletop rpgs, etc) have this weird dichotomy where they attract a lot of marginalized people like LGBTQs and also a lot of terrible nazi white men. Luckily nazis tend to love telling us how nazi they are. Like, it's rare to find a game store that is in the middle these days, it's going to be 100% progressive or 100% nazi comic book guys.

Also, what's up with this? https://www.reddit.com/r/somethingawful

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

luxury handset posted:

Its the furry corollary to the Law of Anime Avatars.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

People who are too weenie to go to KF but need a protected safe space to gossip about SA?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Dobie needed a safe space to spill the beans

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Snow Cone Capone posted:

People who are too weenie to go to KF but need a protected safe space to gossip about SA?

pools closed is some ancient 4chan meme poo poo

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A lot of niche nerd communities (furries, anime, tabletop rpgs, etc) have this weird dichotomy where they attract a lot of marginalized people like LGBTQs and also a lot of terrible nazi white men.

A result of Geek Social Fallacy #1: Ostracizers Are Evil.
http://www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A lot of niche nerd communities (furries, anime, tabletop rpgs, etc) have this weird dichotomy where they attract a lot of marginalized people like LGBTQs and also a lot of terrible nazi white men. Luckily nazis tend to love telling us how nazi they are. Like, it's rare to find a game store that is in the middle these days, it's going to be 100% progressive or 100% nazi comic book guys.

Also, what's up with this? https://www.reddit.com/r/somethingawful

Niche nerd communities are usually well stocked with young social outcasts and basement failchildren. White cisdudes who meet those criteria are prime recruiting for nazis, since many of them are actively looking for something to blame for their lives being hosed up and the nazis have all sorts of targets to present them with.

The non-white/cis/dude nerds already know everythings hosed due to some combo of capitalism, white supremacy, and patriarchy.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Solice Kirsk posted:

That thread moves at breakneck speed and there's almost no discussion of any story before another 15 get posted and people rocket onto the next one. I don't know how anyone could like it.

Every now and then a truly legendary reddit post surfaces, like Pete or every single doggone 'open the relationship' one.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Theophany posted:

Every now and then a truly legendary reddit post surfaces, like Pete or every single doggone 'open the relationship' one.

Or you get a three page fight where some people insist giving a stripper a handy isn’t cheating. A lot of the time stories just sink, but good ones will be thread fodder for a day or two.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The r/r thread is great because it curates the best stories from the sub and inspires absolutely nuclear takes.

Touching a stripper's junk isn't cheating!
Funerals are for the living so I never go!

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Theophany posted:

I will always have a soft spot for dog wearing cousin and Eagle Man.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Separately: Cerb+1 is a complete beast. What an awesome gun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Glenn Quebec posted:

Separately: Cerb+1 is a complete beast. What an awesome gun.

Eh, I don't think it's worth the exotic slot

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

It shreds in PvP and is fun for PvE. Couple it with the actium and it's rad as heck.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Or you get a three page fight where some people insist giving a stripper a handy isn’t cheating. A lot of the time stories just sink, but good ones will be thread fodder for a day or two.

That one from yesterday or so about the lady and her mentor and the insane rear end in a top hat of a boyfriend elicited some searing hot takes about how she didn't manage the balancing act of denying infidelity strongly enough, but not so strongly that it was overcompensating lol.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Syd Midnight posted:

gbs always has to have one designated lady goon who posts a lot and talks about her personal life that its ok for them to obsess over and take out frustrations on, especially if she likes the attention. It's worst when she's a mod or admin, so they should probably be modded like IKs

speak of the devil

Every Spinster post just makes me think "oh, honey, no"

Did My Shoes finally vanish? She was speedrunning the GBS Lady schtick pretty hard there.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:lol:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The rumour is that you have to pay the mods :10bux: to get access

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao I wonder if r/FYAD is still up

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Is bloard still around lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao I wonder if r/FYAD is still up

It is, though the last post there was made 4 months ago

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

You know it's not goons in there because goons only go to forums.somethingawful.com

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

It is, though the last post there was made 4 months ago
Two words: Goon. Project.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
FWIW I found the start of the string of posts Cartoon Violence seems to be referencing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=5223&perpage=40#post497526639

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

SpiritualDeath posted:

FWIW I found the start of the string of posts Cartoon Violence seems to be referencing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=5223&perpage=40#post497526639

Lmao that one post was enough

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Araenna posted:

It just boggles my mind that someone can harass others for being lgbt or poor or disabled or whatever else and people just say "lol don't fall for the troll why does everyone hate Pick guess gbs just hates women lol"

it's because Pick doesn't act like a giant rear end in a top hat outside of the /r/r thread and keeps her unbelievable weirdness at a much lower roar

like, at the end of the day I think Pick gets attention that most ladygoons don't because she's just a flat-out loving bizarre human, and even people who don't dislike or hate her end up wanting to Jane Goodall her just because every new detail she gives about her life is a new and rich vein of :wtc:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

:lol: You know what the gays’ problem is? They don’t care care enough what straight people think of them. Tone it down, amirite?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
pick oversteps the line every now and then but i have a "what happens in the /relationships thread stays in the /relationships thread" stance on the issue, because all the most severely goonish goons of gbs are to be found in that thread and when they all start running their mouths about the wimmin they are spectacularly annoying

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

fauna posted:

pick oversteps the line every now and then but i have a "what happens in the /relationships thread stays in the /relationships thread" stance on the issue, because all the most severely goonish goons of gbs are to be found in that thread and when they all start running their mouths about the wimmin they are spectacularly annoying

Yeah I had to stop reading it. It was full of the most disingenuous circular slap fights even by SA standards, with misogyny for extra flavor.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

hanales posted:

Yeah I had to stop reading it. It was full of the most disingenuous circular slap fights even by SA standards, with misogyny for extra flavor.
i only drop in occasionally to share inspirational anecdotes about my autistic dad, as a kind of social service

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

The relationships thread is at its peak when it is full of goons misunderstanding how periods work

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Miss posted:

The relationships thread is at its peak when it is full of goons misunderstanding how periods work

It'll push you into a comma.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

My theory is Quantum Goon. Goons are both serious posting and fake posting at the same time. What ever you feel like dealing with at the time is how they're posting. Pick is just a lightning rod for accepting this.

Here's a pro tip though. ALL goons are shitposting, it's just that some of them are poo poo at it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ok but what about thirstposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

She’s a habitual line stepper