Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mind over Matter posted:

Do you have a link or description for the setup you're running to get this way? My PoJ monk doesn't feel fragile, but they don't exactly feel more durable than average either most of the time. Just sort of standard.

At work but let me see if I can go off memory:

Crimson Waist + Leg/Feet
Lefebrve Shoulders
5 piece PoJ
Cesar's Wrist
Flavor of Time Neck
ORZ + CoE Rings (you can also take Unity over ORZ since you have no offensive cooldowns)
Crystal Fist + WKL fists

Cube: RoRG + Channeling/Aquila + Balance (I think that's the name of the tempest rush Daibo?)

You should hit well over 2b toughness when you hit your Mantra of Salvation - Agility, Epiphany, and Dashing Strike buffs and have 50-100% uptime on those depending on density.

Oh and the extra dodge when dual wielding passive is really good, I'm using that, Harmony, Near Death, and Beacon. You can swap in that attack speed buffing passive if you want more damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Upgrading rares and reforging legendaries in the cube can be quite expensive. I also refuse to wear an item until it has the exact roll I want, which can take a lot of time on nightmare pieces like Crusader shields and Wizard orbs.

I've gone up to 20 million a roll enchanting and have spent over 1k reforging a single item this season alone. poo poo gets expensive indeed.

I still don't have a Flavor of Time that I am happy with.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I'm a huge fan of slamming down 100T+ crits when releasing tempest rush and splattering a GR boss instantly. Monk is cool.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My flurry stacks would keep getting reset when I get hit by any kind of CC or use epiphany. Is that still the case? I found it to frustrating to use when I tried it before the season started and just stuck with Northern Breeze.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

It is a bit weird. Just don’t turn too sharp or get stuck on a pebble on the ground. CC should never hit you unless you aren’t using CDR gear for some reason.

Epiphany will reset it if your mouse is on a mob since it teleports you. Just have your mouse not on mob.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bamhand posted:

At work but let me see if I can go off memory:

Sounds like the difference is mostly that you're using Crystal Fist, but I suppose another strong defensive buff like that on top of everything else the set has can take it from feeling average to feeling very durable. Nothing wrong with that, and thanks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't think there's any other weapon you would use beside Crystal Fist. Echoing Fury I guess?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bamhand posted:

I don't think there's any other weapon you would use beside Crystal Fist. Echoing Fury I guess?

The leaderboards are a mix of Echoing Fury and Azurewrath. I'm using a Vengeful Wind because I haven't found/crafted a good copy of EITHER of those others, and the extra stacks are better than jack poo poo. If I find a good Crystal Fist I will try that out though.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm using a cubed crystal fist for my Shen/Storms build and will there ever be a better option? The defense boost is just insane. Especially paired with a String of Ears, Spirit Guards, the rune that makes Dashing Strike increase dodge chance, and ample life on hit/life per kill. Is this the right direction to go for defense, or should I drop some of this poo poo and use something else?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mind over Matter posted:

The leaderboards are a mix of Echoing Fury and Azurewrath. I'm using a Vengeful Wind because I haven't found/crafted a good copy of EITHER of those others, and the extra stacks are better than jack poo poo. If I find a good Crystal Fist I will try that out though.

I don't think the wind stacks actually do any more damage. You'll run faster though. Might be better off with an In-Geom if you have it? Infinite dash is fun.

chaosapiant posted:

I'm using a cubed crystal fist for my Shen/Storms build and will there ever be a better option? The defense boost is just insane. Especially paired with a String of Ears, Spirit Guards, the rune that makes Dashing Strike increase dodge chance, and ample life on hit/life per kill. Is this the right direction to go for defense, or should I drop some of this poo poo and use something else?

The double attack speed Daibo is the go to for that build. It's a ton of extra damage. There's that ability that drops a circle that reduces damage taken by 30% as another option for more toughness.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

bamhand posted:

The double attack speed Daibo is the go to for that build. It's a ton of extra damage. There's that ability that drops a circle that reduces damage taken by 30% as another option for more toughness.

The Flying Dragon? I do have that cubed, but would it really be better than Crystal Fisting? Or should I find a real one and use it in place of my Shenlong Fisting Tools? Also, I'm using a socketed Focus and Restraint because I found them and why not? Are these still great go-to rings, or should I be looking for something else?

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf

Kheldarn posted:

Plus, if you Numlock Berserker Rage, it'll go off while you Charge. N

What does this mean?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
F/R is good. You can also run Traveler's Pledge. If you're using F/R just make sure you're casting cyclone to keep the buff up.

So I think the options are:
Use F/R: Lefebvre and RoRG in cube. Wear Depth Diggers. Time amulet or Hellfire or an elemental absorb neck.
Use Traveler's: Depth Diggers in cube, Unity in cube, wear CoE. You can also give up CoE or Unity for RoRG in cube and gain Lefebvre.

Some of it will come down to personal preference. If you find you're dying too much use Crystal Fist. If you're not killing fast enough use Flying Dragon (forgot the name earlier). You definitely want to have the Shen Long fists equipped.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Yea, I've got a Hellfire necklace with the Determination passive. I've actually been dipping into exploding palm, using Gundo Gear on my cube slot and then the Exploding Palm rune that gives spirit back when enemies die with exploding palm. Exploding Palm is also what I use to Proc my F/R rings. Instead of String of Ears, I'd actually been using a belt that allows me to keep Sweeping Wind up at all times without casting it, I forget the name. Then I use the run that gives me more spirit per second. I can probably drop the exploding palm poo poo altogether though. Grift 50 and Torment XI is about the limit of my abilities with this build. But it's a fun build and I just love Exploding Palm so much!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Per posted:

What does this mean?

If you are on PC, you can set your alternate cast for 1-4 as numpad numbers. I do 1-3 as Num7-9 and 4 as Num4. Then you cast with Numkey, while holding it down, turn on Numlock. Then you can turn numlock off or just leave it toggled. Either way, the game will autocast that skill for you.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bamhand posted:

I don't think the wind stacks actually do any more damage. You'll run faster though. Might be better off with an In-Geom if you have it? Infinite dash is fun.

Yeah it's just for the move speed. Unfortunately I don't have a decent In-Geom other, though my main grift build doesn't use Dashing Strike.

There are certainly better options than what I have, I just haven't acquired an of them.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

pokchu posted:

I'm a huge fan of slamming down 100T+ crits when releasing tempest rush and splattering a GR boss instantly. Monk is cool.

I've been playing Monk and feel the same. Charging up some stacks of TR before popping a Blind and watching a GR boss instantly disappear is so satisfying.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

nickhimself posted:

I've been playing Monk and feel the same. Charging up some stacks of TR before popping a Blind and watching a GR boss instantly disappear is so satisfying.

Fishing for crits in any game you play, I see

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf

Dameius posted:

If you are on PC, you can set your alternate cast for 1-4 as numpad numbers. I do 1-3 as Num7-9 and 4 as Num4. Then you cast with Numkey, while holding it down, turn on Numlock. Then you can turn numlock off or just leave it toggled. Either way, the game will autocast that skill for you.

Oh, I didn't know that, that's cool.

Did you mean Wrath of the Berserker instead of Berserker Rage though?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Per posted:

That wasn't me telling you to do it, but they probably meant WotB. Generally you numlock your long cooldowns amd Goku-mode buffs for every class build.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

pokchu posted:

Fishing for crits in any game you play, I see

lmao

Look, man. I need brutals. Gotta have 'em. Need 'em. Can't live without 'em. I can't obtain them via Luke anymore... so I had to pick this games punchy guy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Time to start off a D3 sessh by upgrading these rare fist weapons, now to click Transmute for the first upgrade

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Crysto Fisto is super sick for an Uliana build.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I made a semi effort post about about how good this speed foh build is for the new crusader set but my phone/the forums are it. Here's a link to the build.

https://www.d3planner.com/407625755

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Now to make a variant that doesn't rely on captain rear end in a top hat's bullshit that never drops :)

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Suburban Dad posted:

Rifts. You still can get massacre bonus while in them which is different than PC. Otherwise it's mostly the same. Getting neph glory globes is a priority though (doubles damage and you need to keep them up).

I can PL you around 8-10 Eastern if I can figure out how to use idiotic friend codes.

I'd like to get in on this, please. Same name as here, FC: SW-0751-6500-4434

e: Nevermind I feel like sleeping instead

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 4, 2019

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Per posted:

Whoops! That's what I meant. No idea why I said Berserker Rage. :downs:

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Edit: Whoops, wrong

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

flakeloaf posted:

Now to make a variant that doesn't rely on captain rear end in a top hat's bullshit that never drops :)

Up the Torment level you're playing at, that worked for someone earlier.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
This happened to me last season and after seeing someone else’s comment about it, I made an alt and did bounties and got the plans immediately.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hurray, season journey's all done! Thanks to Patterns of Justice and buffed WotW for largely making it a walk in the park.

Now I'm vaguely considering making a crusader to give the new set a spin, though as the class never really clicked with me I'm not sure it'd be worth the bother.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

FFT posted:

I switched builds to a Norvald's gold-farming variant and just invincibilitied my way through T16 rifts. Got the pants, made about 600 million gold in the process, and now I'm set to push GRs. Yay!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

FFT posted:

That was me. Went from T10 to T13 and it dropped straight away.
As others have said a lot of people manage to get it by creating another character and doing a bounty on then, then swapping back and then it drops

It's definitely worth getting, I won't say worth the wait as it was a loving chore and I don't want to tempt fate, but it's far and away the best crusader (or anything) I've made

-edit-

flakeloaf posted:

I switched builds to a Norvald's gold-farming variant and just invincibilitied my way through T16 rifts. Got the pants, made about 600 million gold in the process, and now I'm set to push GRs. Yay!

Haha, nice!

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 4, 2019

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

fknlo posted:

Whoever said ww/rend barb was relaxing compared to crusader wasn't kidding. Just spin your way through a rift and nothing matters.

Yup, this. I leveled and geared a barb yesterday, and doing the GR75 to unlock public games required so much less effort.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Diephoon posted:

I'd like to get in on this, please. Same name as here, FC: SW-0751-6500-4434

e: Nevermind I feel like sleeping instead

Sorry I wasn't available last night anyway. Kids are sick and sleeping like poo poo. Might be able to help out tonight or another night. Will try to post my friend code if an old dummy like me can figure it out.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Never ever levelled a monk since launch and i'm willing to give it a try with the new set but kind of lost as a fresh 70. i usually go wizard and disintegrate everything until i get my first set.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is there a secret to always have Dashing Strike available as a Raiment/Shen monk? I'm following the build advice mostly on IcyVeins, and I find that Dashing Strike seems to be on CoolDown when I need it most.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Astrochicken posted:

Never ever levelled a monk since launch and i'm willing to give it a try with the new set but kind of lost as a fresh 70. i usually go wizard and disintegrate everything until i get my first set.

The gift set this season revolves around spirit generators, so I'd recommend rolling for Spirit Guard bracers and Depth Digger pants. Those will carry you until you can build another set you want to play. If you want to keep focusing on Raiment then you'll probably want to upgrade fist weapons until you get the Shenlong set of fists.

chaosapiant posted:

Is there a secret to always have Dashing Strike available as a Raiment/Shen monk? I'm following the build advice mostly on IcyVeins, and I find that Dashing Strike seems to be on CoolDown when I need it most.

The dashing strike charge will only be refunded if you hit something with dashing strike. Otherwise have lots of CDR I guess. This was wrong.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 4, 2019

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Diephoon posted:

The dashing strike charge will only be refunded if you hit something with dashing strike. Otherwise have lots of CDR I guess.

Really? The set bonus says it refunds a charge when it spends 75 spirit, and that seems to be accurate. I can dash about in town about 4-5 times if I have 2 charges and full spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/heart-of-the-crashing-wave-Unique_Chest_Set_08_x1

You're right, I wonder where I got that wrong idea from. I guess you should focus on spirit regeneration then?

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 4, 2019