Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

runchild posted:

Unpredictable. Old game removal isn’t super predictable either, but at least it leans more towards the midpoint and end of the month.

There is some method to the madness though.

Games are added on 6 month or 12 month contracts so if you use this date added spreadsheet I found and add 6 or 12 months to the date (in column B) you can somewhat predict when a game could possibly be expiring. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Another question: Is there a way to delete cloud saves on Xbox One? I was stupid enough to upload my Shadow Complex save but I'd like to start without the golden guns they force into every single new file you make after the original. Everything I find online says to find the save data and pick "delete everywhere" but I can't find any such option, and the only thing that appears to be stored locally is Reserved Space.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
first 12 hours experience with my xbone

I understand that storage sizes aren't usually what they claim to be but it really sucks that a 500 gb hard drive only has like 392 gb usable

the UI sucks

download speeds are good compared to psn

I tried 5 minutes of descenders and it is cool as hell

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Hamsterlady posted:

Another question: Is there a way to delete cloud saves on Xbox One? I was stupid enough to upload my Shadow Complex save but I'd like to start without the golden guns they force into every single new file you make after the original. Everything I find online says to find the save data and pick "delete everywhere" but I can't find any such option, and the only thing that appears to be stored locally is Reserved Space.

If I recall the golden guns are linked to your achievements, not your save data.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Cojawfee posted:

Due to how racing games are licensed, I'm guessing older Forzas will never be on game pass. When the new Forza comes out, they will probably remove the old version.

I could be wrong but I swear I picked up Forza 5 from games with gold like 2 years ago and now it's completely missing from my collection.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Ryoga posted:

If I recall the golden guns are linked to your achievements, not your save data.

What the gently caress.

I guess I can just not use them, but it feels weird for them to be available in a "clean" run because I've got the weird brain.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

John Romero posted:

first 12 hours experience with my xbone

I understand that storage sizes aren't usually what they claim to be but it really sucks that a 500 gb hard drive only has like 392 gb usable

the UI sucks

download speeds are good compared to psn

I tried 5 minutes of descenders and it is cool as hell

That ram tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nierbo posted:

That ram tho

Do you believe it, nierbo

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
LoL if you've ever paid full price for gamepass

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

yeah I have no plans for that

Really enjoying so far. Awesome playing combat evolved again for the first time in like 15 years.

I like Blair witch but wow does it run like poo poo on an old xbone. Like the idea of a scary firewatch

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

John Romero posted:

I like Blair witch but wow does it run like poo poo on an old xbone. Like the idea of a scary firewatch

Runs like poo poo on the x too. I gave up on it after like 20 or 30 minutes when I ran into a tree minster that kept killing me. Gamepass rules.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

Runs like poo poo on the x too. I gave up on it after like 20 or 30 minutes when I ran into a tree minster that kept killing me. Gamepass rules.

yeah I hate that it has combat,would have been fine without it.

thank God for gamepass, I love the bwp series and would have at least spent $10 on it if it wasn't there

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Like 5 or 6 days ago I tried to sign up for the 3 months for $1 but the deal would switch to regular price as soon as logged into my account, presumably because I had GamePass for a few months last year and the deal is for new subscribers. So I was looking at the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and was thinking of pulling the trigger on the $27 for 3 months but decided to try the 3 months for $1 deal one more time and for some reason it worked!

Not sure what changed, but I’ll take it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
all the Game Pass deals right now are for new users, or for ULTIMATE! Game Pass.
I just want regular-rear end Game Pass, but there are no deals on that.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I missed having Dance Central on my boneX so I took a chance with this 3rd party kinect adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRXJ69H and it works really well. Came with all the cables and they are a nice length.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

TheScott2K posted:

I left my credit card up like a fuckwit after getting on the dollar deal for pc and Xbox and now I’m desperately filling my pc AND my precious bonex full of garbage to try to convince myself I got 16 dollars worth

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Just play Forza.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Which by the way Forza 3 was on sale for $10 so I bit. Liking it so far. 4 is definitely better in the atmospherics, but 3 still looks good.

Not decided on if I feel like Australia is any better but more Forza is always good. I do feel like, so far at least, it's not as insanely cluttered as 4.

I mean when you log in to 4 you have to back out through like 4 menus just to get to the game. It's a bit too much.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

god gently caress I love being able to play skate again

started my free month of EA access and was surprised by how many games are on offer. are there ever any sales on year subs? Wouldn't mind dropping $20

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No year subs for console only pc, which is premier. I just bought skate 3 for $5 so i could eventually drop access.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Probably a long shot but does anyone have a secret reliable way to find rock band 4 sets? I’d love to get back into that game and get some dlc but it’s shockingly hard to find controllers at a decent price given how hard that market crashed.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RBX posted:

Can't play the Gears 5 I actually own on disc because I played it previously while I still had gamepass. It's a "glitch" and makes me hate this dumb gamepass poo poo all the more.

Own your games.

This is indeed dumb, but I have a feeling if you deleted and reinstalled the game from disc that would get it to work.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

John Romero posted:

god gently caress I love being able to play skate again

started my free month of EA access and was surprised by how many games are on offer. are there ever any sales on year subs? Wouldn't mind dropping $20

Session is supposed to hit Game Preview sometime this month.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

No year subs for console only pc, which is premier. I just bought skate 3 for $5 so i could eventually drop access.

Yeah I did the same, but am now finally playing shadows of the damned. I wouldn't mind having the year because I could finally play through the FIFA story modes and they probably would put up fallen order by the time I could actually play it

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

John Romero posted:

Yeah I did the same, but am now finally playing shadows of the damned.

Shadows of the Damned isn't on pc is it? I got a month of EA Origin Premier to play Fallen Order on pc, does it also give access on ps3/360?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Uhh, is it normal for the PC beta app to just randomly uninstall your games? I fired it up to install the MCC and find that it's downloading all of Darksiders 3 over again for no goddamn reason

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should I play MCC in the order that it gives me, or release order? I know Reach is before Halo, but i mean, Halo is 20 years old at this point.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

twistedmentat posted:

Should I play MCC in the order that it gives me, or release order? I know Reach is before Halo, but i mean, Halo is 20 years old at this point.

If you actually want to play all of them, go in release order. Otherwise you're starting with best game in the series and following it up with the weakest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DrNutt posted:

If you actually want to play all of them, go in release order. Otherwise you're starting with best game in the series and following it up with the weakest.

Yea that's sort of what i was thinking. Halo is pretty creaky and Reach is one of the more recent.

huh it won't let me select games, just auto puts me into Reach.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you're playing on PC Reach is the only one that's currently released.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007
Is Reach available as a standalone? I swear I've read several places that it is. I also thought it was on pc gamepass too, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm in Australia if that makes a difference.

Edit: Yeah, Rock Paper Shotgun has a story that says this:

If you’re looking to snag Halo: Reach today (or the entire Master Chief Collection), there are a few ways to go about it. You can grab Reach over on on Steam and the Microsoft Store as a standalone for £7/€10/$10 or with the whole Collection for £30/€40/$40. It’s also included with a subscription to the Xbox Game Pass for PC, which you can still get your first month of for £1.

No it ain't!!! I'm confused...

wezmon fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 4, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I tried to buy skate 3 and it wanted to charge me £15 for backwards compatibility. I’m not in the UK. Also that is $30 aud. I would like to play skate 3 but not that badly

Also I’m not the biggest racing game dude so I’m not surprised I didn’t dig forza 4 that much out the gate but the unskippable cutscenes were a bit of a dealbreaker

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

American McGay posted:

If you're playing on PC Reach is the only one that's currently released.

Ah well, i'll get the story in the right order. Now I have to figure out why voice and music is good, but all the other sounds like weapon fire is muffled

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007
Okay, I figured it out. It depends on how you log on to the Windows store. I googled "Halo Reach Windows Store" and got a page that had reach listed as Console game pass only. I then found a link from a news story that was an identical looking page, but had pc game pass included.

Honestly the whole Microsoft Store experience is truly loving abysmal. Anytime I need to search for, install or update a game it's like pulling teeth. Forza Horizon 4 took me 2 weeks and several unsuccessful "download/delete/reset store" cycles. The fact that Microsoft is so bad at this on their own platform is baffling.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

wezmon posted:

Okay, I figured it out. It depends on how you log on to the Windows store. I googled "Halo Reach Windows Store" and got a page that had reach listed as Console game pass only. I then found a link from a news story that was an identical looking page, but had pc game pass included.

Honestly the whole Microsoft Store experience is truly loving abysmal. Anytime I need to search for, install or update a game it's like pulling teeth. Forza Horizon 4 took me 2 weeks and several unsuccessful "download/delete/reset store" cycles. The fact that Microsoft is so bad at this on their own platform is baffling.

Here is what I did: avoided google, clicked the little shopping bag icon on my taskbar for the windows store, typed in "halo," clicked on the very first result that came up, which was the Master Chief Collection, and then clicked install. Your post reminded me I could try playing Reach on PC and it took me about 15 seconds to get to an installation bar.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its also on steam if you want to buy it there.

Id recommend gamepass personally but to be honest it is only 10 bucks for reach

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can someone sell me on Reach? I played Halo 1-3 and felt like I had enough of the gameplay. I have Gamepass, but wondering if it's worth my relatively limited free time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only played for like a few hours, but it feels more like Call of Duty : Halo. You're part of a squad that does squad things. I'm enjoying it enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

Can someone sell me on Reach? I played Halo 1-3 and felt like I had enough of the gameplay. I have Gamepass, but wondering if it's worth my relatively limited free time.

Its got an overall real good singleplayer and a noteably good gameplay and story working together sections in games at the end.

Alternately, you can install subnautica on gamepass and make new ocean friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Barudak posted:

Alternately, you can install subnautica on gamepass and make new ocean friends.

This is a good idea. I need to someday go back and just finish it. I get too hung up on building bases all over the place and making my primary one a giant undersea castle with every fancy doodad i can get. I can just never navigate the prawn suit around in the deep parts of the ocean. Why can't I just use the seamoth for everything?