Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

she is pissed as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

These mother fuckers all deserve to be drug out of there and thrown on the street.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hell yeah get em Pam

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

She freaking rules

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Hamilton got a whole musical, and Davies just got this hearing!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
gently caress yeah GO GET 'EM PAM

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I wonder if the GOP will just stay the hell away from her like they did in the hearings with the British lady whose name currently escapes me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This lady owns

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1202255283160059904

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I wonder if the GOP will just stay the hell away from her like they did in the hearings with the British lady whose name currently escapes me.

Fiona Hill kicked rear end

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

The female Republicans probably drew straws for who had to ask the mean questions.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

same! learnin' things with your teacher, Impeachment Pam! *star flies across screen*

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

Fiona Hill kicked rear end

Yes, and about halfway through the hearing, after she thoroughly and effortlessly shredded all Republican bullshit, they just stopped talking to her.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How is the GOP lawyer going to beat these 2 lawyers

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

zonohedron posted:

The female Republicans probably drew straws for who had to ask the mean questions.

karlan's job is to argue with/teach students to argue with roberts/gorsuch/alito/beer, these people are jokes by comparison

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Ehud posted:

she is pissed as hell

The GOP making GBS threads all over the Constitution in front of this level of intelligence seems...poorly planned.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Yes, and about halfway through the hearing, after she thoroughly and effortlessly shredded all Republican bullshit, they just stopped talking to her.

Yeah the worst thing was not having her by herself and force them to interact with her.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Holy poo poo I want that lady to be my new aunt.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"If he cared about our elections he'd have said, 'Russia, if you're listening, butt out!'"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
who said these hearings were going to be boring?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Tarley is going to be such a drag.

He is the next Dershowitz. He has gone from playing the contrarian on cable news, to full right wing loon.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Prof. Karlan's face when she mentioned Russian interference near the end

not. loving. around. i, too, am as enamoured with her as the lady behind her.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1202256802748010496

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I am going to enjoy these goobers try to argue constitutional law with a bunch of constitutional law experts.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the surly teen behind this guy is annoying me

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1202246537717272577

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

eke out posted:

the surly teen behind this guy is annoying me

*heavy breathing*

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

How is the GOP lawyer going to beat these 2 lawyers
By complaining that the Democrats did not decide to hold these hearings a year or two ago, basically.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

How many professors are on the panel? This is three of.... four? five?

Answering my own question: there's three, and the first person who spoke after the chair and ranking member was the counsel for the Democrats, because Trump was too scared to send his own counsel. So we're on two of three

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

zonohedron posted:

How many professors are on the panel? This is three of.... four? five?

these three that've talked, and jonathan turley, an rear end in a top hat most famous for testifying in 1998 that Clinton should be impeached

because the GOP witnesses must, by monkey's paw rules, be the most gigantic hypocrites imaginable

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
This guy, no pizzazz, what a bore. Bring back angry aunty!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
just gonna rest my noodle on yr shoulder here for a moment...sniffle sniffle...

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

eke out posted:

these three that've talked, and jonathan turley, an rear end in a top hat most famous for testifying in 1998 that Clinton should be impeached

because the GOP witnesses must, by monkey's paw rules, be the most gigantic hypocrites imaginable

On the other hand it would make me giggle for years if he testified "Well, Clinton lied, and that was impeachable, and it's a shame he wasn't removed. Trump has lied, it's impeachable, and it'll be a shame when he's not removed."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

eke out posted:

More like Jonathan Turdley, amirite?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I can't wait for the YASS KWEEN media popcorn farts that focus on a cutesy story from Karlan's childhood that completely diverts attention from, and misses the point of, how extremely sharp and intimidating she is now.

"OMG Fiona Hill put out a smoldering pigtail, which is totally different than what every other person would do, SLAY"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I can't wait for the YASS KWEEN media popcorn farts that focus on a cutesy story from Karlan's childhood that completely diverts attention from, and misses the point of, how extremely sharp and intimidating she is now.

"OMG Fiona Hill put out a smoldering pigtail, which is totally different than what every other person would do, SLAY"

good username/post combo right here

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lol Nadler "No please, go on as to how bad Trump is"

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I was here 21 years ago! I'm back! Hi, everybody!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Good. Turley has the charisma of a paper bag..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I'm the guy behind Turley while the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme plays.