Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Who was it? They deleted the tweet already

Nancy Astor.

Here's my cat being a oval office. Looked away for a second before dusting that table and he's up there giving me the "Excuse me, if you didn't want me sitting here then why is it in the sun?" look. Cats are definitely Tories.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can't remember the exact details but there's something in the body language of people who are nervous about cats that, in cat body language, says "Hey man, you seem cool, come over and talk". It's also possible that they are in fact just cunts.

Maybe they see you’re on edge and want to come make sure you’re okay.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Who was it? They deleted the tweet already

A panel celebrating the legacy of Nancy Astor, first women to take her seat in Parliament and loving raging nazi sympathiser.

Hosted by Jess Philips!

https://twitter.com/IrvineWelsh/status/1201703893929013248?s=19

We got Welsh.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1202234098837835777?s=19

I don't know how loudly I can just keep saying they don't give a gently caress about antisemitism

Lol

Appropriate

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Maybe they see you’re on edge and want to come make sure you’re okay.

This thread has ensured that i couldn't this parse this the first time around, i went straight to edging and coming :negative:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Those prices are insane, where is he?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can't remember the exact details but there's something in the body language of people who are nervous about cats that, in cat body language, says "Hey man, you seem cool, come over and talk". It's also possible that they are in fact just cunts.

I think it's the eye contact IIRC, they are intimidated by the eye contract of people who like cats and go for the person trying to ignore the cat.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

marktheando posted:

Narrowboat near Stoke on Trent.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

marktheando posted:

Not certain but it looks like a narrowboat cafe I sometimes see mooring up in Newark. Prices seem right for a greasy joint in the middle of nowhere around here.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Azza Bamboo posted:

Not certain but it looks like a narrowboat cafe I sometimes see mooring up in Newark. Prices seem right for a greasy joint in the middle of nowhere around here.

North staff, the only place you can get a proper oatcake.

Unless you can convince your wife to learn to make them.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Dunno if it's just lying to me but apparently #VoteLabourDecember12th is the #1 worldwide trend on twitter right now?

El mundo esta con nosotros!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Soooo my wife just got a job at the University of East London, Dockland campus. Which means I'm going to be looking for a job and we're going to be moving to that sort of area (I'm a senior level embedded Linux snuggler, so not too worried about finding something, hopefully) Don't we have a goon that lives there? what's the low down? :shobon:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lightningproof posted:

Dunno if it's just lying to me but apparently #VoteLabourDecember12th is the #1 worldwide trend on twitter right now?

Mine's #ToriesOutDecember2019. Algorithms. :shrug:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Soooo my wife just got a job at the University of East London, Dockland campus. Which means I'm going to be looking for a job and we're going to be moving to that sort of area (I'm a senior level embedded Linux snuggler, so not too worried about finding something, hopefully) Don't we have a goon that lives there? what's the low down? :shobon:

gently caress off we're full.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lightningproof posted:

It's one of them

#NoTimeToDie
63.4K Tweets
#ToriesOutDecember2019
26.3K Tweets
#VoteLabourDecember12th
7,751 Tweets

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

North staff, the only place you can get a proper oatcake.

Unless you can convince your wife to learn to make them.

The only place you can get proper oatcakes is in England? lol that's the craziest claim I've heard in a while, and I've been following the election.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Azza Bamboo posted:

Yeah seems normal to me.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/IrvineWelsh/status/1202201069507530752?s=19

Lmao

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

gently caress off we're full.

We are ruled by an elite, the best of the british public; who are so far up the evolutionary ladder that they are able to communicate with Dolphins and move stone blocks through the power of their thoughts alone; possessing certain physic abilities, for example Boris Johnson is able to control small dogs with his mind, but only small ones, anything bigger than a jack russel causes him a migraine

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Had a shower, got a cup of chocolate and a hot water bottle and cried some more. Feel a bit better at least.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Had a shower, got a cup of chocolate and a hot water bottle and cried some more. Feel a bit better at least.

Crying always makes me feel better when I'm down, not sure what the science behind that one is! I'm glad you're feeling better. Seeing people's personal stories in this thread always get me fired up to keep fighting since my immediate surroundings are a bit middle class. I'm gonna make sure you have a good life, Owl!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hey at least I can do it now, I went many years without being able to despite needing to. Again I love you all and wish I could give you all a hug.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Slightly more helpfully, assuming the campus you mean is the one down by Cyprus, you're not short of places to live around there - personally though I'd try for somewhere a little further away to save yourself a shitload of money and have a half-decent chance of having decent local amenities (all the stuff in that area is new-build and soulless as hell), and also to get out of the flight path of City Airport (and the smell path of the Beckton Sewage Works - there's some seriously cheap housing around Gallion's Reach which they won't let you view at certain times of day because the whole area reeks of poo poo just before high tide).

Look for stuff in Silvertown/North Woolwich (other side of the dock, 10-15 minute walk to UEL, good DLR links to the centre of town) or up in Beckton proper (nicer area, less well-connected unless you're right by the DLR).

Failing that, if you're going to be working around the City and your missus doesn't mind a bus journey, Plaistow, Upton Park and Forest Gate are still cheap as balls (by local standards) with nice local shops and parks, 20 minutes by bus to UEL and half an hour tube to the centre of town.

e: Now I think of it, I'm fairly sure UEL are moving a load of stuff out to Stratford fairly soon (there's big hoardings saying so just by the stadium at least) so Forest Gate or Plaistow would be excellent hedges in case they suddenly decide to move her there.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 4, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

OwlFancier posted:

Solidarity mate.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Plymouth’s Conservative MP, Johnny Mercer:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/johnny-mercer-conservative-mp-plymouth-army-tweet-killing-believe-for-values-a8655996.html

Apparently killing people is cool

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Johnny mercer is literally the bad guy from metal gear rising.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

Hey at least I can do it now, I went many years without being able to despite needing to. Again I love you all and wish I could give you all a hug.

That's good to hear. I've always had a problem with crying. I think I've done it properly twice in the last ten years.

Plank Sanction
Nov 3, 2016

Who invented the skip?

marktheando posted:

The only place you can get proper oatcakes is in England? lol that's the craziest claim I've heard in a while, and I've been following the election.

A Staffordshire oatcake! Radically different than the Scottish variant. The little boat Jezza's on is moored next to Stoke City's stadium on matchdays.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

This will be all over the news, and flood the front pages.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

OwlFancier posted:

Believe me I don't want to care about that poo poo, I know exactly what I want from life, I just want a secure roof over my head and food on the table and not to get sick and die so I can do it. Which you wouldn't think is too much to ask.

Nah mate you don't. If you did you'd be just another neoliberal poo poo. What you want out of life is for everyone else to have a secure roof over their head and food on their table too and that's why you're a decent human being. Keep doing what you're doing and don't doubt yourself.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I never used to have a problem with it, I've long felt it was a necessary part of the process of dealing with pain, I just lost the ability to do it for quite a few years coinciding with a general downturn in mental health. Which didn't help.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I can't cry and it sucks. Even when no one's around I just get an ache in my jaw and a cramp in my neck when I know I could be crying. It's not healthy or useful, it's probably more distracting and time consuming than crying would be. There's times where the only range in my expression is in just how wide and strained my military esque flat smile is.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Plank Sanction posted:

A Staffordshire oatcake! Radically different than the Scottish variant. The little boat Jezza's on is moored next to Stoke City's stadium on matchdays.

Ahh makes sense now, i was stuggling to get my head around an oatcake and cheese on a roll, the Staffordshire ones looks tasty, might need to give them a try.(anyone got a good recipe?)
Prices check out I run the same sorta place up here and im about the same +-20p on most of that menu.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

Nah mate you don't. If you did you'd be just another neoliberal poo poo. What you want out of life is for everyone else to have a secure roof over their head and food on their table too and that's why you're a decent human being. Keep doing what you're doing and don't doubt yourself.

Eh, you say that but I also think that the only way I can have those thing securely is for everyone to have them securely. I mean yeah I feel for people worse off than me but I also genuinely just don't believe in the idea that most people can exist outside society. I don't have enough money for that and I know for a fact I never will. If I was rich enough sure I might think different but my whole life has been an interdependence on social structures. I don't see how else to live and I also don't think it's healthy to live any other way.

Like the only way I can improve my lot is by improving everyone's lot, we live and die together, pulled by the same tides. I can't be separated from everyone else save by chance, and I can't live my life waiting for chance to find me.

Azza Bamboo posted:

I can't cry and it sucks. Even when no one's around I just get an ache in my jaw and a cramp in my neck when I know I could be crying. It's not healthy or useful, it's probably more distracting and time consuming than crying would be. There's times where the only range in my expression is in just how wide and strained my military esque flat smile is.

It does, yeah. The lead weight in your gut doesn't go away. I hope one day it comes back to you.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

He'll still think that when his head is in the guillotine I'm sure.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Cheers. But yeah, as JeremoudCorbynejad said this isn't really usable. Oh well, good to know! :shrug:

I'm sure Jo; will continue to deliver :getin:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

OwlFancier posted:

Eh, you say that but I also think that the only way I can have those thing securely is for everyone to have them securely. I mean yeah I feel for people worse off than me but I also genuinely just don't believe in the idea that most people can exist outside society. I don't have enough money for that and I know for a fact I never will. If I was rich enough sure I might think different but my whole life has been an interdependence on social structures. I don't see how else to live and I also don't think it's healthy to live any other way.

Like the only way I can improve my lot is by improving everyone's lot, we live and die together, pulled by the same tides. I can't be separated from everyone else save by chance, and I can't live my life waiting for chance to find me.

Yeah well there you go. Wanting to improve the lot of others and caring about misfortune makes you a decent person in my book, even if part of the motivation is recognising that your own life will improve if the lives of those around you improve. And that don't sound special but in the world we live in today, unfortunately it is.

Also I have great difficulty crying owing to my mom telling me crying is for wimps since I can remember. Thanks mom.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

:glomp:

Count me in as another not-able-to-cry-er. In general the more depressed I am, the less able I am to cry, which is kinda weird

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

I decided to see what would happen with a bit of revolutionary rewording

quote:

A UKMT MP has prompted an angry debate after suggesting killing people for what you believe in is acceptable.

Writing about why poor people should consider guillotining the rich, MP Commie McCommunistface lamented the unpopularity of the use of violence.

He said: “The application of violence to defeat the enemies of the proletariat has become worryingly unpopular. Nothing wrong with fighting (yes killing) for values/what you believe in. The oppressed/bullied/tormented/voiceless deserve it. Join the fight; best thing you’ll ever do.”

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

xtothez posted:

It's one of them

#NoTimeToDie
63.4K Tweets
#ToriesOutDecember2019
26.3K Tweets
#VoteLabourDecember12th
7,751 Tweets

Lucky, over here in the US the top trend is about George Zimmerman having the loving balls to sue Trayvon Martin's family for a hundred million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone reported him to Prevent?