Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

webster's dictionary defines crimes as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
High Crimes and Misdemeanors, generally a phrase that's nebulous and ill-defined by design, here defined by a dictionary as...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

eke out posted:

unfortunately he said trump was bad and did a wrong thing a bunch of times, that puts him on the Disloyal Traitor list regardless of the other words that come out of his mouth

Lindsay Graham.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Rip Testes posted:

It is going to suck rear end when RBG passes away and this guy gets the seat.

Turley's not a movement conservative. He's a media whore. Zero chance he makes FedSoc short lists for anything important.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
hahaha, garbled dictionary definition of every word of "high crimes and misdemeanors" time to re-mute

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The republican visual aids make me laugh every time.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im guessing republicans plan to not question any other witness

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As much as I hate to be that layman who goes, "This expert is wrong about many things in the field that they're the expert in," I have to say this expert is wrong about many things in the field that they're the expert in.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

eke out posted:

unfortunately he said trump was bad and did a wrong thing a bunch of times, that puts him on the Disloyal Traitor list regardless of the other words that come out of his mouth

Haha yeah this dude is nowhere near enough of a toadie to get the nomination.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Yes, good, call it out each time the White House would've had a right to do things during this, but elected not to.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

In the movie, Noah Feldman will be played by Benedict Cumberbatch, but with a voiceover by Stephen Colbert.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm guessing the question time will simply be requesting these 3 professors to dunk on Turley, and the GOP asking Turley to make a rebuttal.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

DandyLion posted:

Haha yeah this dude is nowhere near enough of a toadie to get the nomination.

I’d he had run up there and incoherently screamed “LORD KING TRUMP’S PENIS IS 14 INCHES LONG AND HE ONLY LAYS THE HOTTEST BABES” we’d be looking at Justice Turley by the end of the year.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

I'm guessing the question time will simply be requesting these 3 professors to dunk on Turley, and the GOP asking Turley to make a rebuttal.
This could actually be an interesting back and forth unless Turley feels too attacked and gets crazy.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Please pan to turly while they're rebutting him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It is SIMPLY pandering to a camera, says man pandering to a camera.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Wait, we have no idea what the Founding Fathers would think? Then what the gently caress has been guiding this country for the past two centuries?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Turley looks like my old HR manager. Such a punchable face.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It is SIMPLY pandering to a camera, says man pandering to a camera.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i just got whiplash from "we must respect the absolute word of the founding fathers" straight to "who knows what the founding fathers really meant, really????"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Turley is right... we should not let George Washington be a juror in this impeachment

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really don't give a poo poo about the founding fathers.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

LtStorm posted:

Wait, we have no idea what the Founding Fathers would think? Then what the gently caress has been guiding this country for the past two centuries?

Mostly racism and self aggrandizement.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Ranking member of House Judiciary here arguing that nobody can really know what the Constitution means.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

DandyLion posted:

Mostly racism and self aggrandizement.

Right, what the Founding Fathers thought!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Necromancy.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

DandyLion posted:

I could listen to Prof. Karlan go on about this passionately for hours. Its like an impeccably educated version of the raging voice inside my own head.

Just texted this post to like five people with a link to the video. Raging voice inside my head is godamn right.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

Turley is right... we should not let George Washington be a juror in this impeachment

So who is going to break the news to the necromancers?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

idiotsavant posted:

i just got whiplash from "we must respect the absolute word of the founding fathers" straight to "who knows what the founding fathers really meant, really????"

This is the perfect encapsulation of originalism as a "philosophy"

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Turdley is somehow at the epicenter of a rash of unsolved hair-ignition events.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Not a Children posted:

Oh, absolutely. To have it happen in less than 5 minutes is a little illuminating, though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Harton posted:

Turley looks like my old HR manager. Such a punchable face.

He looks like my late father. It's weirding me out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Not a Children posted:

yeah that testimony is the perfect example of "originalism for me but not for thee" that characterizes the right

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Turley speaks like someone who’s sniffed too many of his own farts and thinks he’s a better and more entertaining speaker than he actually is.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I will say this, the GOP got a competent lawyer for questioning this time

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

SubG posted:

Ranking member of House Judiciary here arguing that nobody can really know what the Constitution means.

I mean, I don't disagree. Rules are made up, smash the state. It's just weird to hear the state saying that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Anything important in the past week or so of impeachment proceedings?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

oxsnard posted:

I will say this, the GOP got a competent lawyer for questioning this time

I love that the lady in pink behind him was boredly chewing the insides of her cheeks or something so it looked like she was whispering 'woomy woomy woomy' at him whenever the camera was on her.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Anything important in the past week or so of impeachment proceedings?

Have you caught up on the part where Devin Nunes should've recused himself what with being up to his ears in this conspiracy he kept trying to derail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

LtStorm posted:

Have you caught up on the part where Devin Nunes should've recused himself what with being up to his ears in this conspiracy he kept trying to derail?

I did, but I’ll count it as important once he suffers consequences. Otherwise it’s more “hey crimes happened but whatever man” bullshit typical of modern politics. Why would I leap paying attention if no one ever gets their comeuppance?