Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fishstick posted:

That thread is something. Apparently it's all one animator, and a ton of his public work are straight near-traces of other students' animations
https://twitter.com/insom_art/status/1202193194873761795

hahaha, have fun drawing nothing but inbetweens for the rest of your career kevin bao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That reminds me that a local artist was commissioned by my city to do an underpass mural, and he did a series of portraits of local people.

Except he didn't. He stole a bunch of promotional headshots of performers for a Scottish festival.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/calgary-to-remove-public-art-installation-after-u-k-artist-finds-out-her-photo-was-filched

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

hahaha, have fun drawing nothing but inbetweens for the rest of your career kevin bao

Almost all of his online stuff has been scrubbed hours after the video launched - linkedin, artstation, videos, ... He done hosed up.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I remember Filip Miciun got kicked off IGN for plagiarising a review of Dead Cells. The sad thing is the reviewer he stole from is a pretty lousy critic. All his videos are only five minutes long and full of sponsored bullshit.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

That reminds me that a local artist was commissioned by my city to do an underpass mural, and he did a series of portraits of local people.

Except he didn't. He stole a bunch of promotional headshots of performers for a Scottish festival.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/calgary-to-remove-public-art-installation-after-u-k-artist-finds-out-her-photo-was-filched

Public art initiatives like this are generally a way to channel government money to friends and failsons so I am unsurprised by the lack of oversight or basic quality control.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:ok:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm clicking, but nothing is happening

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

come torture some folks, milord

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
"Ma'am what do we do about Commander fart420_69? Her entire staff is made up of captured enemy soldiers by now"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Len posted:

The Peloton is a ridiculous grift. The thing is drat near 2 grand and you need to pay $39/mo to do any of the classes.

It's the Juicero of exercycles.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

"Ma'am what do we do about Commander fart420_69? Her entire staff is made up of captured enemy soldiers by now"

If your army is entirely made of enemy soldiers, the enemy can't shoot at you for fear of hitting their own troops

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"You're taking her?"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Peloton is corncobbing hard and declaring that actually, 3 people liked that commercial so much they emailed us to tell us how great it is and how they wish they could buy a Peloton

https://news.avclub.com/peloton-would-like-you-to-know-at-least-3-people-really-1840236562

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This is basically reskinned MGSV

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
72% Secretary
12% Torture
born in NOVEMBER
and I am a FORKLIFT OPERATOR

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

It works for Big Bo-

Captain Hygiene posted:

This is basically reskinned MGSV

dammit

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i mean good work on pedaltron or wtf ever for making themselves Bad Famous, i hope their CEO chokes on their money and rats gently caress on the corpse.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i hope this for every billionaire, actually.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i mean good work on pedaltron or wtf ever for making themselves Bad Famous, i hope their CEO chokes on their money and rats gently caress in the corpse.

Made a minor suggestion.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
One letter changed, a world of improvement.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There's a mobile game I play where I keep getting ads for the medieval version of this where I guess you're a horny king

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
While this is obviously not the smooth marketing moves thread, this is still related. Ryan Reynolds got ahold of the peloton woman actor and made his own commercial for his Gin.
Sorry got only an Instagram link
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5wJKprpV3K/?igshid=1unv9zdedwdwa

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Helios Grime posted:

While this is obviously not the smooth marketing moves thread, this is still related. Ryan Reynolds got ahold of the peloton woman actor and made his own commercial for his Gin.
Sorry got only an Instagram link
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5wJKprpV3K/?igshid=1unv9zdedwdwa

loving great, thanks.

I found the non-instagram one for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2t7lknrK28

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ryan Reynolds' YouTube game is very strong. And he doesn't appear to be a creep, so I can enjoy it guilt free!

Wasn't the game to that did all of those "come play my Lord" banner ads actually just a bare-bones Age of Empires 2 clone?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I'm reasonably sure the game you're thinking was Evony Online and I'm not sure why I remember that while I can't remember my birthday, guess marketing works!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shut up Meg posted:

loving great, thanks.

I found the non-instagram one for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2t7lknrK28

So my close friends wife works in marketing for Pelaton...

I think she's pretty new, wasn't involved in that campaign and thought it was awful.

Either way I just sent her Reynolds ad. That's amazing.

Edit: "come play my lord" was definitely Evony.

Roblo has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Dec 7, 2019

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Moon Slayer posted:

Ryan Reynolds' YouTube game is very strong. And he doesn't appear to be a creep, so I can enjoy it guilt free!

Wasn't the game to that did all of those "come play my Lord" banner ads actually just a bare-bones Age of Empires 2 clone?

It was some online thing that had a name that started with CIV. It looked so generic I've forgotten basically everything. Never did play it but it was in fact apparently just an extremely simple only pay to win strategy kind of thing mean to milk money out of whales. The adverts often said stuff like "build a kingdom, save your queen!" even though there was no queen saving in the game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah. The secret of these games is that they're usually not particularly lewd at all, advertising them that way is just a good way to get horndogs to install.

e: lol fifteen minutes later I got this ad playing a Fallout Shelter clone in BlueStacks:

I would have to say 'Amount of milk' makes the most sense

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Dec 8, 2019

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Quality over quantity. [puts on "Wet Nurse Certification Officer" t-shirt]

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Gotta have that pedigreed wet nurse. :confused:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just want the tiny bunny

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Moon Slayer posted:

Two words - Plantation wedding

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I keep seeing those cookie cutter "base builder" games using literal footage of Banished in their ads, which of course is nothing like the real game. How is that even legal?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

packetmantis posted:

I keep seeing those cookie cutter "base builder" games using literal footage of Banished in their ads, which of course is nothing like the real game. How is that even legal?

A) it's not, B) :china: doesn't care

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Garrand posted:

I just want the tiny bunny

That robe looks comfy as hell too.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
What kind of pervert wants to have bunny milk

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Samuringa posted:

What kind of pervert wants to have bunny milk

me, so i can make halal rennet, so i can bring some cheese with me on my pilgrimage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Speaking of ads for games that don't exist, would someone just make the loving game where I kill the knight with lava?