Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

We still have 1 still in operation sit down(but mostly delivery and pick up) Pizza Hut down where I live. There was another one about 2 miles away that became a church. Stupid hut roof and everything. It was hilarious. They eventually remodeled aka removed the "HUT" roof and it was much less hilarious.

On the other side of the coin, there's a church here that was converted into a burger joint. :haw:

You can even go upstairs and eat in the pews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

chitoryu12 posted:

A local Taco Bell was taken over by a sushi restaurant. They didn't reopen the drive-thru, but they also did nothing to remove the shape of it so there's just a section of the exterior wall with a set of closed doors painted the color of the stucco halfway up the wall.

drive thru sushi could be a pretty good idea

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

big trivia FAIL posted:

drive thru sushi could be a pretty good idea

Where I live has one ... in an old Long John Silver's.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Where I live has one ... in an old Long John Silver's.

Using up the old stock?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

chitoryu12 posted:

A local Taco Bell was taken over by a sushi restaurant. They didn't reopen the drive-thru, but they also did nothing to remove the shape of it so there's just a section of the exterior wall with a set of closed doors painted the color of the stucco halfway up the wall.

One of those pan-Asian style restaurants (the kind that's like "Here's a whole bunch of chinese food next to Tako Yaki and sushi") opened up in place of a Friendly's around here. For those who've never been to one, Friendly's has (had) a walk-up window that was semi-enclosed for ice cream, take-out, things like that. It's still sitting there, pretty much unaltered.

Though the restaurant did keep up Friendly's' tradition of cleanliness: They just reopened after being shut down for like six weeks by the health department.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
This one is in Walsenburg, Colorado. Apparently taken with an old WWE SlamCam. From a Pizza Hut to a marijuana dispensary.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

rockinricky posted:

This one is in Walsenburg, Colorado. Apparently taken with an old WWE SlamCam. From a Pizza Hut to a marijuana dispensary.

Still the same customers I imagine.

Thermos posted:

On the other side of the coin, there's a church here that was converted into a burger joint. :haw:

Upgrade from my poo poo town that converts schools into churchs.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Hidden tracks on CDs are pretty much extinct, yeah?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It's been a hot minute since I've bought a CD, but I bet you can find some artists that are still doing this sort of thing in 2019. Obviously, the mass migration to digital has made the "hidden track" a nonsensical thing but I bet it still happens.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Trabant posted:

Was it the Church of Cheesus Crust by any chance?

It was just a regular Christian church >:^[ no sense of humor those people.

Thermos posted:

:shittypop: The holiest of BEEF

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
It feels like a massive missed opportunity if their slogan isn't "Burgers so good it will make you praise the lord."

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I'd just lean into it and completely rename to something like Biblical Beef or Holy Burgers.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Holy Cow

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The Golden Brown Calf?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Thermos posted:

If only it were a Church's Chicken.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Neito posted:

I think there's a Ruby Tuesdays around here that has an OK salad bar.

Ruby Tuesday used to have a bad rear end salad bar. I haven't been there in a decade, but I used to really like it. Of course, Pizza Hut used to have a really good one and Wendy's used to do a buffet that was pretty good. A lot of things have changed.

When I worked for Thomson-Reuters, they had a great salad bar. 2 full cafeterias both with great salad bars. I have a buddy that works there now. I guess they switched to the cheap version of Aramark now so no more Sushi station and breakfast sucks now.

Oh the times, they are a changin'...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Thermos posted:

Test result: IT WAS PEW

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I recall Roundtable Pizza having a good salad bar. The one time I ate there as a kid I must have eaten a pound of cottage cheese.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

I feel like the 90's were really kinda the end of intentionally sitting down to eat at a fast food place. I mean it still happens, but it seems to be 90% old people who've been chowing down at the Golden Arches every day for 40 years. Hell they don't even have play places anymore, I remember about 7 years ago now (I'm getting loving old :corsair: ) when I was leaving town I had breakfast in McDonald's with a friend, and they had quietly tore out the old play place and turned it into a "lounge."

Zuh? There are still playplaces; there’s a McDonald’s near me that was torn down over the late summer and rebuilt, and unless lounges have human-sized hamster tubes, it’s got a playplace. When you have a six-year-old with a terrible palate, you tend to have to know these things.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Speaking of playhouses, I'm still surprised Chuck E. Cheese is still a thing.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Florida has all of these things. Come to a land where time has forgotten.

Bowl cuts, giant jeans, playplaces, Chuck e cheeses, pizza hut buffets. I've seen em all recently.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

There’s one about a mile or two from me (Yes, Florida) that I remember going to when I was young and I took my cousins to a few times when they were little. Kids under 10 still like the games and redeeming tokens for stuff. It looks like it’s still a popular place for birthdays, sports team things, and summer school/daycare field trips, the same poo poo it always good for.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't hate, I loved all that poo poo when I was little, too.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I Brake For MILFs posted:

Florida has all of these things.

Florida is also home to World's Largest Entertainment McDonald's!

This may qualify me for an autism diagnosis but drat i miss hamster-tubes-as-recreation. I need to borrow my nephew or something

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I live not far from one. It looks like it's still open but I drive past it every now and again and have seen like one car in the parking lot, ever.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

My niece had her birthday party there a year ago. Pizza wasn't great but not terrible. The whole place seemed pretty small, a lot smaller than I remember it being as a kid. Another one near me just closed suddenly a few weeks ago, which is kind of surprising because while the parking lot was never packed there appeared to be a decent amount of vehicles parked everytime I drove by.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

My ex worked as a game-room attendant when we were, I dunno, sixteen? The ball-pit, oh God, the ball-pit. I'd watch her walk a pefectly straight downward-sloped road all the way there, you could see her courage start to fade about half-way. "You won't believe the poo poo I put up with today. No, actual poo poo! I'm serious!!"

That woman puts USMC infantry to shame in grit and determination.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

My ex worked as a game-room attendant when we were, I dunno, sixteen? The ball-pit, oh God, the ball-pit. I'd watch her walk a pefectly straight downward-sloped road all the way there, you could see her courage start to fade about half-way. "You won't believe the poo poo I put up with today. No, actual poo poo! I'm serious!!"

That woman puts USMC infantry to shame in grit and determination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4xg6WeB8_A

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Burger King tops the “let’s repurpose this building” discussion

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

dialhforhero posted:

The Stalins Purge themed BK I see.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

But... but what of the Holocaust On Your Plate?

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Adventures in Wonderland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWMmmeGotQY

Poking around youtube brought back memories of this insanity.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
In a similar vein, Wee Sing in Sillyville. Came out in '89, but those kids were ahead of the curve with their clothing.

e:

twistedmentat posted:

The Stalins Purge themed BK I see.
Excellent post/av match-up.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Vanagoon posted:

I used to love this poo poo and was extremely disappointed when it wasn’t on Disney+

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Vanagoon posted:

We used to put this on for my brother before school when he was really little, and the theme song was so incredibly infectious. I was just listening to it a few weeks ago.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Duck_King posted:

We used to put this on for my brother before school when he was really little, and the theme song was so incredibly infectious. I was just listening to it a few weeks ago.

I always associated this with the 90s, likely due to repeats and PBS back catalog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qUAsuRLXig

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Shannon needs to lighten the gently caress up, geez

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C1xd4O2X_A

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My brother definitely got this shirt from a thrift shop and it then became his favorite shirt until some point where it just became lint.