Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

This dude looks like he sits outside the mall waiting for teenagers to get out of the movies on fridays...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hey, maybe outright saying that you'll bring a sham impeachment against a Dem president isn't a great idea...

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

FilthyImp posted:

According to Wiki:

Committee on Financial Services
- Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets
- Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions
Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- Subcommittee on Environment

I guess I remember her from Oversight which Cumming's was in charge of. Cumming's was also quite bad at this stuff.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1202333027403272193

What a bunch of whiny babies

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Hey, maybe outright saying that you'll bring a sham impeachment against a Dem president isn't a great idea...

*cough* they were bragging they would days before the '16 election when it looked obvious that they would lose *cough*

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I've attended a meeting with Johnson; as far as Republicans go he is a smart guy and usually pretty well spoken. I mean he sucks rear end still but he's not a dullard like the rest of these Republicans

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Republicans: "ZOMG DEMOCRATS REFERENCED THE PRESIDENT'S SON THIS IS AN OUTRAGE EAASDLFKJASDOFJAEITOISAJDFLCASDKJFLAFDSJF!!!!!!!!"

Also Republicans: "LOL Trump called Ted Cruz's wife a slut."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SubG posted:

Gaetz is apparently under the impression that acting like he just wet his diaper is a power play.

Worked for Kavanaugh and Graham, and hell Jordan as well

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

refleks posted:

This dude looks like he sits outside the mall waiting for teenagers to get out of the movies on fridays...

Roy Moore lost.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
I missed the Barron comment, what did she say?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
"The president can name his son Barron but he can't make him a baron"

so mean much bad very bully

edit: man this WaPo stream is really working its rear end off to both-sides it up here. "Matt Gaetz's extremely effective line of questioning" lol

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 4, 2019

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

ummel posted:

I missed the Barron comment, what did she say?

Noting that we have no titles of nobility. Trump can name his kid Barron, but he can't make him a Baron.

This is completely outside the lines of propriety, and Trump is now innocent of everything. Sorry, folks, we lost.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

idiotsavant posted:

"The president can name his son Barron but he can't make him a baron"

so mean much bad very bully

Very rude imo to remind him that Barron exists

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

They are definitely going to try to impeach the next Democratic president. Maybe before they get sworn in: "we've discovered several irregularities in the vote totals of the 2020 election. We're going to impeach them because they surely had a hand in this."

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Hope Barron is enjoying Halo MCC

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Meatball posted:

They are definitely going to try to impeach the next Democratic president. Maybe before they get sworn in: "we've discovered several irregularities in the vote totals of the 2020 election. We're going to impeach them because they surely had a hand in this."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/republicans-are-already-talking-about-impeaching-clinton

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-impeachment/

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Guze posted:

Very rude imo to remind him that Barron exists

Why would anyone be so rude as to remind him of his wife's son Barron?!

That's almost as bad as reminding him about Tiffany, or *shudders* Eric, the gummy one that lives under the stairs

Also I'm pretty sure Republicans constantly attacked Mallia and Sasha for *checks notes* doing teenager things, like going to concerts and going swimming

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

Also I'm pretty sure Republicans constantly attacked Mallia and Sasha for *checks notes* doing teenager things, like going to concerts and going swimming

not to mention ssssssssssssmoking the reefer

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
lol Feldman taking notes and nodding along like "yeah, I did say that poo poo, all that stuff IS impeachable"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1202339161782530048?s=20

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

GOP_jokes_about_chelsea_clinton.txt (14MB)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How many of you are, or ever have been DEMOCRATS!?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I pity the poor aid that has to remind Trump that he has a son named Baron and he must be very angry about this now.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Ravron rvunp

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

I pity the poor aid that has to remind Trump that he has a son named Baron and he must be very angry about this now.

He’ll forget all about him by dinner, so it’s not that big of a deal.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I like Jamie Raskin saying "Elijah Cummings would say "Listen up!"" except no Republican has any shame and alas

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

lol as if we considered Hunter Biden off-limits

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

nine-gear crow posted:

He’ll forget all about him by dinner, so it’s not that big of a deal.

Aid: Sir we need you be very angry about what someone said about your son.

Trump: Which son. The idiot I named after me or the idiot I didn't name after me but is just bad as the idiot I named after me?

Aid: No sir. Your other son. Your youngest son

Trump: You mean....whatshername......

Aid: Sir, I am talking about Baron.

Trump: You called me sir. Did I ever tell you about the farmer navy cop who came to me in tears and called me sir. He said Sir you are the mightiest most perfect man I have ever seen.....(trails off)

Aid: (silently prays for for an act of God)

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I have captioning on, not sound. Did Lesko really just say that Democrats are implying that Trump asked to impeach President Biden?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Their only strategy is just so produce soundbites for Fox News.

That last lady on the R side wanted to clarify that "I want you to do us a favor" didn't have anything to do with Biden. The way she did that was to just stop reading before Trump said:

quote:

The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

It's just maddeningly disingenuous.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"Maybe Representative Swalwell can speak to this better than I can, because he was a prosecutor," this lady has totally done her homework and it's a drat shame that it won't change any minds

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No she was just going "Biden? Everyone's saying Biden! But look at this cherrypicked quote, no Biden!"

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

""Impeachment is so divisive that unless we find something so compelling, I don't think we should go down that path." Well the Speaker and I agree! You know who else agrees? The founding fathers!" thanks Speaker Pelosi I'm really glad you dragged your feet and did "more in sorrow than in anger" and the like you totally didn't hamper this process at all

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This guy sounds like he vapes and listens to Ben Shapiro

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

What makes a legitimate impeachment? I mean not what follows the law or the rules or anything we'd normally recognize as meanings for legitimate, but what's expected of you by Fox News? That's important you know

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

zonohedron posted:

What makes a legitimate impeachment? I mean not what follows the law or the rules or anything we'd normally recognize as meanings for legitimate, but what's expected of you by Fox News? That's important you know

Their name proceeds with a D and not an R

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
ugh john cline

bold of you to assume most adults work 9-5 in this 2019 hellscape

'getting home by now' what universe does he live in that people work reasonable hours and can get home quickly from work? that's dead and gone

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just so everyone knows, the tragedy occurs in the third act. We're supposed to still believe this could have a happy ending in act two.
The acquittal is the tragedy of this play.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"It's the 5 o'clock hour, a lot of families are coming home from work and turning on the TV and saying "what is this? is this a rerun? I thought we did this last week!" Well we did do this last week, but this isn't a rerun, it's act two of the tragedy" in that case, representative whoever, this should mean that we're going to have hope at the end before it's definitively crushed, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

StrangersInTheNight posted:

ugh john cline

bold of you to assume most adults work 9-5 in this 2019 hellscape

To five...on the east coast.