Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Veritek83 posted:

hey now, don't forget, Jared Kushner is also a terrible Jared
Are there any good Jareds out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Nessus posted:

Are there any good Jareds out there?

Padalecki seems alright. Good charity work, supported Beto, has a cool bar in Austin.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Jared Keeso on Letterkenny seems alright.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

El Fideo posted:

If nothing else, how hard they push Indigenous reconciliation and recognition on that show deserves some recognition. It takes some amazingly sharp writing to pull off the Oka beer scene.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

El Fideo posted:

Allegedly.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Toshimo posted:

Allegedly.

I heard it was a sick Jared.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jared Cook is an OK, albeit inconsistent, tight end currently playing for the saints.

e. Jared Leto, actor and musician, seems like a perfectly fine person?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 5, 2019

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Leto spends so much time around that Joker guy, I wouldn’t trust him.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Leperflesh posted:

Jared Cook is an OK, albeit inconsistent, tight end currently playing for the saints.

e. Jared Leto, actor and musician, seems like a perfectly fine person?

Yeah, he 'method acted' as the Joker when filming for Suicide Squad so hard he ended up abusing the poo poo out of his coworkers and nobody wanted to deal with him. Like sent the cast a dead pig carcass, and didn't talk to any of them out of character for six months of filming. There's a reason he didn't get the solo movie he wanted, and isn't reprising the character in further DC movies.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I honestly feel pretty bad for the guy because despite staying 'in character' for months, he never actually came close to understanding the character.

For example, the Joker wouldn't mail pig carcasses because 1) it's not actually funny, and 2) it doesn't advance any scheme.

A carcass full of poison gas or of a "significant pig" would maybe work, but he never got past a surface level "is inappropriate, wears makeup" read.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm pretty sure all that garbage was just marketing and it never happened.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arivia posted:

There’s a lot of rumors out there about Jared loving kids also applying to Jared Leto when he was a rock star.

quoting this since people didn't see it last page

also jared leto is yet another in the long run of cis dudes playing trans women for awards bait, so he can gently caress right off

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
deadnamed and misgendered the woman in interviews too, didn't he?

down with this sort of thing

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm pretty sure all that garbage was just marketing and it never happened.
I believe the live rat he sent somebody is real and there's a bunch of like "all the stars of the movie get together and take a selfie or something" except Leto isn't there

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Other method acting things: Adrien Brody cutting all contact with everyone he knew and disappearing to Poland to get into his role in the Pianist and Daniel Day-Lewis refusing to shower on any film where people don't have showers. At least Daniel Day-Lewis did acquiesce to his Abe Lincoln sex talk with the actress playing Lincoln's wife being over text message.

Jared Leto sucks get rid of him.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Did jared leto write an rpg or something

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ilikedirt posted:

Did jared leto write an rpg or something

Vampire: The Requiem for a Dream

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Assamite to Assamite.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok well dang I did not know any of that poo poo about Jared Leto, gently caress that guy.

I'm getting older now and I honestly can't keep the names of all the bad actors (in both senses of that word, heh) straight any more. I've always been bad with names anyway, and now it's like... I'm shopping for TG Secret Santa and I can't remember which companies/designers/etc. I should't be buying from or supporting. (I remember the guy who, I've heard, poo poo his pants at a chik-fil-a during gen-con 17.) I also remember, very clearly, to despise the rapist Roman Polanski and the sexual exploiter/abuser Woody Allen. Uh. Also some bad football men. And a bunch of politicians.

Could we not make some kind of trad games bad people and companies enemies list somewhere? That's probably a terrible idea, yeah?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
We have the fascists in trad gaming thread for just that reason actually.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Leperflesh posted:

Ok well dang I did not know any of that poo poo about Jared Leto, gently caress that guy.

I'm getting older now and I honestly can't keep the names of all the bad actors (in both senses of that word, heh) straight any more. I've always been bad with names anyway, and now it's like... I'm shopping for TG Secret Santa and I can't remember which companies/designers/etc. I should't be buying from or supporting. (I remember the guy who, I've heard, poo poo his pants at a chik-fil-a during gen-con 17.) I also remember, very clearly, to despise the rapist Roman Polanski and the sexual exploiter/abuser Woody Allen. Uh. Also some bad football men. And a bunch of politicians.

Could we not make some kind of trad games bad people and companies enemies list somewhere? That's probably a terrible idea, yeah?

Like this but for elfgames? https://www.vox.com/a/sexual-harassment-assault-allegations-list

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah mabye, except not just "have been accused" and not just sex pests, there's other kinds of bad actors and I'd want some kind of thought put into who is actually guilty

Arivia posted:

We have the fascists in trad gaming thread for just that reason actually.

didn't see that thread, but also not just fascists

but yeah helldump is always problematic, like many other things you need to have trusted sources, thoughtful curation/moderation, and not have those things spawn endless screaming matches over where lines should be drawn, strength of evidence, ideological differences in the nature of guilt, etc. etc. etc.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fortunately something like 80% of the shitheads in this industry are also proud fascists.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Zereth posted:

I believe the live rat he sent somebody is real and there's a bunch of like "all the stars of the movie get together and take a selfie or something" except Leto isn't there
Guillermo de Toro adopted the rat, too. :3:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Of course he did. del Toro is just that loving pure.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

DressCodeBlue posted:

Guillermo de Toro adopted the rat, too. :3:

Awesome.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Did you get the 'RAT CREW" graphics below your avatar for that, or was this just coincidental?

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Rats are cute and lovely animals and I can see why Del Toro would adopt a sweet cute one that deserves lots of love instead of being used as a prop in pranks. I just hope he gave it a friend so it doesn't end up lonely. ;w;

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I would not turn down a free pet rat

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I would also enjoy a rat

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
del Toro is known as a rat connoisseur and how someone knew to ask him in the rat's hour of need.

Good news/bad news, rat is now dead but lived a life of love.

https://twitter.com/realgdt/status/830621594020110336

Such a good boy. :smith:

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/702299693045456896

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Dec 7, 2019

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Libertad! posted:

Did you get the 'RAT CREW" graphics below your avatar for that, or was this just coincidental?

A very nice goon (I don't know who since no one took credit when I asked) gave me the tag shortly after it was made for people who post to the pet rats thread in the Pet forum.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Only reason why I'd never consider a rat or ferret is that they're too short lived. Too much of a :smithicide: factor. That's the big problem with small mammals - Mammals are short lived for their weight, after effect of the time we were hiding from the dinos.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

StratGoatCom posted:

Only reason why I'd never consider a rat or ferret is that they're too short lived. Too much of a :smithicide: factor. That's the big problem with small mammals - Mammals are short lived for their weight, after effect of the time we were hiding from the dinos.

Yeah, pet rats are an emotional roller coaster, that's for sure.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's why I never really considered adopting ratses, though they're so drat adorable.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I experience so much anxiety over the mere fact of my cats' lifespan I can't imagine dealing with anything even shorter-lived. I didn't even want to get a cat again after getting married but we wound up taking in a stray and then of course she needed a companion so we got another one from the shelter…

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They doubled the average cat duration in my lifetime and I'm not even that old! (To be fair that was reformulating the cat chow, for the most part, or so I am told)

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Nessus posted:

They doubled the average cat duration in my lifetime and I'm not even that old! (To be fair that was reformulating the cat chow, for the most part, or so I am told)

I have strong feelings about feeding cats only dry food, it's p much cat abuse and shortens their lives, fite me

(Unless it's the best you can do, do the best you can with the reality you have but maybe consider if you can afford that little murder bastard)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My cat will only eat dry food. We tried to feed him every wet food we could find and he just wouldn't eat it.