Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Grendels Dad posted:

One way I can tell TLJ has broken me is that I haven't watched it a second time. I usually watch movies like that two or more times, but I noped out of every chance I got to rewatch TLJ.

I cannot possibly imagine what would drive someone to watch Solo twice, with more rewatches in the cards.

I tried watching with the commentary and checked out around the time Luke milks the cow. I think I checked out of the documentary too around that time - they are building bridges on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Vintersorg posted:

I tried watching with the commentary and checked out around the time Luke milks the cow. I think I checked out of the documentary too around that time - they are building bridges on the island.

Same but it was rifftrax commentary (mst3k guys) and even that couldn't save it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The 4k versions of the OT sure make it a lot easier to see how many fuckin dents are in the droids. Especially 3p0s rear end

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Donald Glover was the only good part of the loving abortion known as Solo. gently caress that trashman movie and anyone who likes it.

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate your posting? Cause I do :allears:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think Solo is a better movie than TLJ but that’s not saying much

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

E3, E5 and R1 are by far the best movies in SW. The worst are E1 and E2. i have a feeling E9 will be somewhere between E3 and E5. E4.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I would rate them 5, 4 / R1, 6, TFA, TLJ (I like them ok), Space Mutiny, 3, 1, some piece of poo poo, 2

2 remains unwatchably boring for me

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

codo27 posted:

The 4k versions of the OT sure make it a lot easier to see how many fuckin dents are in the droids. Especially 3p0s rear end

I never noticed Yoda’s mustache hairs before.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Surely 3P0s misinterpretation of their cries of joy in the trash compactor is the greatest moment of comic relief in the series

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I watched the prequels recently and I'm keen for my children to eventually watch them. They're good kids movies imo. I'd have gone completely insane over the pod race as a ten year old.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I would rate them 5, 4 / R1, 6, TFA, TLJ (I like them ok), Space Mutiny, 3, 1, some piece of poo poo, 2

2 remains unwatchably boring for me

1, 4, 5, 3, 6, 8, 7, 2. I'm with you on two, I like the idea of a space noir/costume drama/war movie more than the execution of it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JBP posted:

I watched the prequels recently and I'm keen for my children to eventually watch them. They're good kids movies imo. I'd have gone completely insane over the pod race as a ten year old.

I used the tubes from Anakin's Lego pod racer to build so many vehicles and so many robots

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They're good for evaluating your child I would imagine. You have them watch, then eg ask if droids are people afterwards. If they answer wrong you can :sever:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

codo27 posted:

Surely 3P0s misinterpretation of their cries of joy in the trash compactor is the greatest moment of comic relief in the series

"what are you doing here/well i can see you're serving drinks" is probably my favorite gag in the series

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No Mods No Masters posted:

They're good for evaluating your child I would imagine. You have them watch, then eg ask if droids are people afterwards. If they answer wrong you can :sever:

Show them episodes 1 and 2, then ask, them queue up the end of 3 if they give the wrong answer while staring directly at them

quote:

I used the tubes from Anakin's Lego pod racer to build so many vehicles and so many robots

The prequels made excellent lego fodder

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I remember repeatedly reacting the scene where Jar Jar meets Obi and Qui Gon Jinn with the lego set. (found it: https://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/lego-building-toys/lego/other-sets/listing-2359480046.htm )
just again and again to my parents in Jar Jar's voice. Apparently I'd do it for hours every weekend and after school. I was obsessed with that scene, it was the coolest and funniest scene in all of Star Wars.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you're gonna rewatch them, I say go in release order.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I wonder if it would change much in TPM if you just made one of the hutts own the skywalkers. I guess meeting him as the assistant of the droid torture chamber would make him more of an omen kid

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Then you can't clown on confused nerds by showing them a "nice slave owner"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! :siren:

Ahmed Best will host a Jedi game show similar to Legends of The Hidden Temple on Disney+.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Ahmed Best will host a Jedi game show similar to Legends of The Hidden Temple on Disney+.

legitimately more intriguing to me than the mandalorian

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ahmed Best laughing at kids falling off the greenscreen droid factor like Guy Le Douche

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope instead of a temple guard, they have Anakin Skywalker hunting the contestants.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I hope instead of a temple guard, they have Anakin Skywalker hunting the contestants.

ewoks

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Just Chamber posted:

Really wanna see the piece of Star Wars work that contains zero eyes

You know, depending on how you think Jawas work, I can think of one that has at least no organic eyes directly depicted: Star Wars Droidworks, the (amazingly quality) late-90s edutainment game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Based on what I can find on Youtube there really aren't any Episode 4+ space battles outside of Yarvin, Scarif, and Endor worth paying attention to. For some reason, I felt like there were a lot more space battles in this series than there actually are.

I wonder if Battlefront II was ever any good.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't limit myself to space specifically. I just want to see all the ships fighting.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 4, 2019

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

There's the asteroid chases in ESB and AOTC if you count those.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The MSJ posted:

He deserves it tbh

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

AccountSupervisor posted:

Both Han and Lando in Solo feel like they are doing SNL spoof impressions of both characters.

release the Ace Ventura cut

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ingmar terdman posted:

Ahmed Best laughing at kids falling off the greenscreen droid factor like Guy Le Douche

Put the kids in vr pods and have them pod race.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Disney+ Super Bombad Racing

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The MSJ posted:

I saw a headline about the show, but I moved on thinking, "Eh, whatever." But Best is hosting? That's cool as hell, I didn't know that.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m on the train and a kid sitting in front of me is reading the novelization of Episode II. Should I shake him by the shoulders and tell him not to go down this dangerous road?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Apparently the novelization isn't bad. Lots of extra scenes and fleshing out the weak points of the characterization.

Also, after trawling the goodreads reviews of the book, somebody was talking about the imax version of e2. How cool would have that been?! Did anyone see it?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I have such an irrational problem with the use of the word "hell" in the SWU. Not to mention Han calling Jabba a wonderful human being

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Dunno if this survived the canon change but in the old EU they would always say hells (because corellia had a myth of dante's inferno style layers of hell IIRC). There was nothing more annoying than everyone saying drat you to the hells and stuff like that constantly

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

codo27 posted:

Not to mention Han calling Jabba a wonderful human being

It's an excellent line my dude.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

No Mods No Masters posted:

Dunno if this survived the canon change but in the old EU they would always say hells (because corellia had a myth of dante's inferno style layers of hell IIRC). There was nothing more annoying than everyone saying drat you to the hells and stuff like that constantly

but what about the 'fresher

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

codo27 posted:

I have such an irrational problem with the use of the word "hell" in the SWU. Not to mention Han calling Jabba a wonderful human being

The human being line is hilarious. I'm not sure if Lucas meant it to be earnest or not but Ford's delivery is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

asecondduck posted:

The human being line is hilarious. I'm not sure if Lucas meant it to be earnest or not but Ford's delivery is perfect.

Jabba was originally a human being before they made him a slug.