Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Holy gently caress the teams tonight. Jesus Christ.
You know you've been matched with the best when someone from your """"team"""" messages you after a win with advice to "grow a brain", despite them being some sort of genetic mistake with a 46% WR after 30k games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I logged in today and I won a super hellcat why and also what is this.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

I logged in today and I won a super hellcat why and also what is this.

Premium Hellcat at tier 7. Canon fodder with its samey stats as the regular hellcat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

https://wotlabs.net/eu/player/warrior_590

this dude's clan logo:

https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500135577/

leather daddies or nazis?

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 5, 2019

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Definitely Nazis

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Katamari Democracy posted:

Premium Hellcat at tier 7. Canon fodder with its samey stats as the regular hellcat.

Wow, its a whole .5s faster reload and a touch more health. What a fantastic gift tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CitizenKain posted:

Wow, its a whole .5s faster reload and a touch more health. What a fantastic gift tank.

I said this in the discord, but what they should be doing with gift tanks is putting old overpowered versions of tanks in at their appropriate tiers with more appropriate HP - old Hellcat at tier 7, old VK3601 medium with old Konisch at tier 7 or 8, old derp VK2801 at tier 7 or 8, old derp M4 with 150mm pen HEAT at tier 6, etc.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Q_res posted:

Definitely Nazis

Neither, just your average sfora (pack) of Polish kids using English words without giving a gently caress. The EU server has a HUGE section of players from Poland, and with most of them being young kids, they're mostly loving terrible at tonks. It's why the ingame chat being filled with stuff like "PL bot/kid/poo poo" is even a thing on the EU server :v:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Turmoilx posted:

i recommend checking out alienware arena for free tank poo poo.. you have to gain levels to get codes now (some of them) and it seems pretty toxic because i dont know how like they want you to use their site to get points..

I got my code last week. To get tier 2 just log in 2 days and vote on 20 threads per days and upload a profile pic. The code is for a Valentin and some boosters. Gold is only for new players.

Be careful if you upvote a spam thread you lose your points and -5 points if your post gets flagged as spam and deleted.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

2Jets posted:

I got my code last week. To get tier 2 just log in 2 days and vote on 20 threads per days and upload a profile pic. The code is for a Valentin and some boosters. Gold is only for new players.

Be careful if you upvote a spam thread you lose your points and -5 points if your post gets flagged as spam and deleted.

dont worry i gave up and decided to make a 30min post on how to play tanks

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
What's a gift tank?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What's a gift tank?

Never look a gift tank in the mouth.

But it's a free tank WG gives out to members who register for a long time.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It's pretty great because I was a beta player and then when it went live took like a 6 year break and have just come back and I get all the nice rewards even though I haven't played for such a long time.

Hmmm, kind of feels like it shouldn't really be like this though.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I accept any/all gift tanks.

Plz poz my neg garage.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I accept any/all gift tanks.

Plz poz my neg garage.

Be careful what you wish for. A goon got me a TOG II* for my birthday and that tank is funny.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

After they release the C&C Mammoth tanks will we get some Tesla tanks to? I hope so.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i just got second highest damage while bottom tier on dakillzor's stream :smug:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

After they release the C&C Mammoth tanks will we get some Tesla tanks to? I hope so.

I got money riding the mammoth tanks are going to be in the Christmas boxes. Hope I get lucky enough to get one.

But reflecting on last night I didn't do too terrible.

Tesla tanks might be from a different timeline though. :haw:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Be careful what you wish for. A goon got me a TOG II* for my birthday and that tank is funny.

I demand a T 22 Mod.

I bet that would free me from this prison.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I got money riding the mammoth tanks are going to be in the Christmas boxes. Hope I get lucky enough to get one.

But reflecting on last night I didn't do too terrible.

Tesla tanks might be from a different timeline though. :haw:

There should totally be a C&C and WoT cross over. What should we call it?

Command of Tanks?

Tanks and Conquer?

Command and Conquer Renegade?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Comtank and wonker.

:eyepoop:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

There should totally be a C&C and WoT cross over.

T 25 is the Chroma tank. It's already happening...

Mesadoram posted:

What should we call it?

Command and Red Alert: Yuri's revenge II electric boogaloo

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

T 25 is the Chroma tank. It's already happening...

Command and Red Alert: Yuri's revenge II electric boogaloo
Pfft.

It's clearly World of Command & Conquer Tanks II: The Secret of the UDES.

Edit:
inb4 BadLlama uses "World of Tanks 2: Secret of the UDES" as his thread title.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Battleship platoons are actually really fun, if somewhat slow to play. The only way to not win the match is if you advance and get capped out before you can get back.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

almost there ....

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

EdEddnEddy posted:

I am still with the 100mm and the stock turret and usually can hold my own in it. It may not be the best heavy but if the enemy isn't shooting gold, its armor is relatively good and the 100mm gun is pretty accurate. Might just play it like this until I unlock the next tank if the 120 is as bad as others say.

I am in the same boat with my AMX 120. 100mm autoloader has 6 shots and is pretty accurate. Some say to get the 120mm but with only what 4 shots and the potential to whiff more often isn't putting much hope in me. The 100 can clip out most tanks it runs into as well soo.

Liking this months Tank Rewards. All you have to do is play 10 games in a IX-X tank to get the majority of them done without care for a win/loss, and I kinda wanted to grab that US Scorp as during the rental, its not a great tank, but mobile enough with a decent gun and good hiding ability.

The AMX50 120 was one of my favorite grinds! With the top gun it's a mini AMX50B. The gun is great, it's fast, and can ram fuckers too! :toot:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Which discord is used by EU people? Does everyone just use the camping the stairs one? Really looking for people to platoon with.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
there used to be a eu thread in the private servers forum. maybe its still there :shrug:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The last post was almost 2 years ago sooooooooooo.....

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I wonder if loot box tanks will also be on the black market. Looks like someone "leaked" the loot box tanks again this year. I'm surprised we don't have a list for the advent calendar though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
ELC for sale?

My wallet is safe for another day...

Man, they have offered dog poo poo so far.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i almost want it. almost.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Mesadoram posted:

ELC for sale?

My wallet is safe for another day...

Man, they have offered dog poo poo so far.

More like a sadvent calendar, huh? Huh? Has anyone said that yet?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the soviet light is the best light in the game right?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Slaapaav posted:

the soviet light is the best light in the game right?

EBRs are far better than conventional light tanks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dravs posted:

More like a sadvent calendar, huh? Huh? Has anyone said that yet?

:hmmyes:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
finally got my pro golfing license

im so terrible at this tank

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

saintonan posted:

EBRs are far better than conventional light tanks.

Not once the silly HE changes go through.

Also reminder bro's everything in the advent calendar can be bought with gold in game I believe, so if you still have a huge pile of gold from last christmas lootbox season just do that.

VV I bought it cause it was only 6,500 gold. I will probably never play it until they do something about the main line.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 6, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I almost bought the Senlac for gold but then realised it would be a waste of time as:
1) The British LT line is currently loving trash.
2) I already have a crew to move up that line anyway.
3) lol Manticore crew layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Of all the T9's I picked up the other day, the T-10 is friggin cursed.

Stock turret and only BL-9 isn't terrible, but holy crap am I getting in games that are baffling.

XVM shows more green+ guys on my side then theirs, but somehow, some way, we will still loose.

I was on Abbey, with like 5 vs 2 at the end. (IS-6 and a T10 TD, obj I think, going off memory).

One by one my team went after the TD after the IS-6 died, and one by one everyone friggin died.

It turns out like 2 of the remaining guys on my team were probably from SA and didn't speak english so nobody was listening to me tell them to go around behind and lets tackle the guy together from different sides instead of straight head on.

The one light we had was a BC12t that proceeded to go straight up to the TD and promptly get blasted, and I got screwed trying to support a T28 that couldn't wait for any other support as I was getting primaried by their Arty early, then the IS-6, then the TD. Ugh.

It's not the tank itself that is bad, but holy crap do I get the oddest losses so far in it. No wins yet.

The one tank I got that I do like is the T28 Proto. Reasonably mobile, the top gun is rather ok, and outside of all the Arty wanting you specifically dead, its able to hold its own right up until the enemy switches to gold and starts blasting right through your face.