Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

wiegieman posted:

Doreen absolutely broke his heart into a million pieces and no one can convince me otherwise.

I dunno, Logan just doesn't seem like Doreen's type, personally I think she and Peter Parker could be a good couple, Peter just needs someone light hearted in his life, and her having super powers would help eliminate one of Peter's main worries regarding loved ones being in danger, since she's more or less at his level when it comes to powers(it's just not all that obvious cause she usually tries to avoid conflict in her book)

Also just realized that Doreen probably doesn't know what happened to Kraven recently, that's going to break her heart when she finds out about it(though it also has me thinking it would be kinda funny if after meeting Kraven Jr she realizes she's got the hots for him*)

*I will fully admit I am shipping trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I feel like Pre-Ryan North Doreen and Post-Ryan North Doreen are functionally different characters-- and I mean I love his run, it's one of my favorite regular titles of the decade, but it's really weird to read any of her stuff between Unbeatable and her first being dragged out of limbo by Dan Slott. That Wolverine thing in particular feels really discordant now, knowing the direction the character would go.

Anyway I'm still annoyed she didn't end up with Nancy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Archyduchess posted:

Sorry, you shippers are just gonna fave to deal with the fact that Nancy/Sluggo is canon.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Sorry, you shippers are just gonna fave to deal with the fact that Nancy/Sluggo is canon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Archyduchess posted:

I feel like Pre-Ryan North Doreen and Post-Ryan North Doreen are functionally different characters-- and I mean I love his run, it's one of my favorite regular titles of the decade, but it's really weird to read any of her stuff between Unbeatable and her first being dragged out of limbo by Dan Slott. That Wolverine thing in particular feels really discordant now, knowing the direction the character would go.

Honestly she doesn't come off that different, it mostly comes down to her pre USG stuff tending to be a tad more serious in nature

Toshimo posted:

It's amazing how much better Nancy is as a comic with it's new writer

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

drrockso20 posted:

On the one hand that moment was hilarious, but on the other it felt kinda out of character for Logan

I always looked at it as Logan knowing Pete needed to just punch something and knew he could take it. Kind of like Thor and Hulk visiting Ben after Johnny got left in the Negative Zone.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

I always looked at it as Logan knowing Pete needed to just punch something and knew he could take it. Kind of like Thor and Hulk visiting Ben after Johnny got left in the Negative Zone.

That makes sense, though I bet Logan didn't expect getting knocked out the window

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Archyduchess posted:

They did in that issue where they moved way faster than anyone around them!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

Well he is lit.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Archyduchess posted:

To be fair there is a deeply creepy scene earlier in All-New I found where Beast is ogling young Jean and thinking how beautiful she is, which is how she deduces that young Hank is also in love with her. I don't know why she was reading old Hank's mind and not young Hank's to begin with but whatever. It's a gross scene. You can check it out in All-New X-Men #15 if you really want to, an otherwise really lovely issue with great David Lafuente pencils.

Beast is the loving worst:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What the christ

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What the christ

Claremont.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Alhazred posted:

Beast is the loving worst:

"I know what you're thinking. But it's all carpet, no drapes." :wiggle:

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Where's that page of Beast arguing that he might as well be gay because his life is hard?

Don't know if this was before or after cybering with The Blob

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhaka posted:

Where's that page of Beast arguing that he might as well be gay because his life is hard?

Don't know if this was before or after cybering with The Blob

The first was from Morrison's New X-Men, the second was from Ultimate X-Men.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gologle posted:

She didn't need to be Wolverine tho. She could have been her own thing.

Legacy characters are cool and good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Logan and Laura's character dynamic for like 10 years: a man who desperately doesn't want a clone of him to follow in his footsteps and let her become her own person, and a clone who slowly has to learn how to shed her programming and become a complete person.

Logan dies, guess Laura has to be Wolverine now lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

Logan and Laura's character dynamic for like 10 years: a man who desperately doesn't want a clone of him to follow in his footsteps and let her become her own person, and a clone who slowly has to learn how to shed her programming and become a complete person.

Logan dies, guess Laura has to be Wolverine now lol

She took his name to honor the best parts of him and to stop using the code sign she had when she was just a mindless assassin.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I also remember when changing her codename as a tribute meant she started pushing loving people away, using extreme violence to solve her problems, and binge drinking. Logan truly failed her as a mentor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
She adopted a kid that she tried to turn into a better person than she was, I don't see how she could honor his legacy any more. And I really don't remember the binge drinking.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
all new wolverine was literally entirely about rejecting killing and making an effort to create a family, at least a couple times directly referencing past interactions with logan and doing the opposite of how he treated her, and i dont remember any binge drinking

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I really really liked All-New Wolverine but to be honest I wasn't super invested in her character up to that point so any discrepencies or backsliding were lost on me. I think she felt like a pretty functional adult throughout though?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
On one hand, sarcasm is pretty impossible to convey through text.

On the other, this chain started when I mentioned Laura choosing to go by Wolverine as a positive thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

All-New Wolverine was a really good series because Tom Taylor is a really good writer but it still burns me that Laura just became Girl Wolverine to 90% of the people who are aware of comics.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

ultimate anything doesn't count and you know it

Especially since that Logan doesn't have any history whatsoever of being a mentor

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
If we hadn't had Laura as Wolverine we might not have gotten Gabby as Honey-Badger and that's not a world I want to live in.

Or Jonathan the actual wolverine.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 2, 2019

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/sialche/status/1201219009418530816

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a really great page.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Skwirl posted:

And I really don't remember the binge drinking.

Well, not if you're doing it right.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Hear, and remember my words. Do all of yourselves a favor, and buy the Christopher Priest Deathstroke trades. His 50 issue run is over, but it was one of the most consistently good runs I've seen from DC in a while. I figure it'll be a while before the last volumes get released, but hey, you still have up until issue 35 in the meantime, which is plenty of story.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gologle posted:

Hear, and remember my words. Do all of yourselves a favor, and buy the Christopher Priest Deathstroke trades. His 50 issue run is over, but it was one of the most consistently good runs I've seen from DC in a while. I figure it'll be a while before the last volumes get released, but hey, you still have up until issue 35 in the meantime, which is plenty of story.

Or don't. Unless you like reading about superpowered pedophiles, that is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Vincent posted:

Or don't. Unless you like reading about superpowered pedophiles, that is.

Wolverine?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

Wolverine?

Wolverine never banged a teen, while deathstroke did

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Wolverine?

Shut your loving face.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Wolverine's got a Dracula age gap thing going on with most of the human population. But he's also had amnesia a bunch of times so probably thought he was in his mid 30's for a couple hundred years there.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Wolverine?

I don't know if I can think of any support for this outside of Ultimate Wolverine, which, like, feels like saying Batman is a vampire because of those Doug Moench Elseworlds from almost 30 years ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Archyduchess posted:

I don't know if I can think of any support for this outside of Ultimate Wolverine, which, like, feels like saying Batman is a vampire because of those Doug Moench Elseworlds from almost 30 years ago.

You are absolutely correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Wolverine never banged a teen, while deathstroke did

Yup. Priest's examinations about good and evil are a bit whatever in his Deathstroke, but then it all goes to complete poo poo when he states that he did indeed had sex with an underage Terra, basically because he could.

Crowetron posted:

Wolverine's got a Dracula age gap thing going on with most of the human population. But he's also had amnesia a bunch of times so probably thought he was in his mid 30's for a couple hundred years there.

You are aware what pedophilia is, right? Or did I misread your post?