Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Tony Montana The Tiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Memento posted:

That's actually pretty cursed, big cats that you can pat at "tiger temples" are usually given heroin or something similar to sedate them.

We did this at the Australia Zoo where they don't sedate and instead expert handlers try to keep the tigers attention with sparkly objects.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Tony Montana The Tiger.

Trying to pet a tiger on coke would be a pretty metal way to die

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inceltown posted:

gently caress. Just gently caress.

The mining company I used to work for that had operations in SE Asia supported a charity that rehabilitated them and had a big guarded habitat that they could retire to and eat goats in peace. We had a few presentations from them showing what the company's contributions were doing for them. Stuff that comes under the heading of "Corporate social responsibility" is mostly masturbatory, but the people from the charity seemed really genuine and grateful.

Beachcomber posted:

We did this at the Australia Zoo where they don't sedate and instead expert handlers try to keep the tigers attention with sparkly objects.

I'm super glad to hear that. #blessed

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I pet a babby tiger at dreamworld on the Gold coast about 20 years ago. They were all tuckered out from their walk around the park, not drugged.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/IVaQlad

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

If your life is just "stuck in a zoo" then getting some heroin every now and then seems like a good thign

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

How long until it turns out the driver was fired for this

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Leaving a parcel on a chair on the front doorstep in full view of the world is considered 'delivery'?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Butterfly Valley posted:

Leaving a parcel on a chair on the front doorstep in full view of the world is considered 'delivery'?

its pretty standard practice, yes. one of the reasons those cameras are so popular

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Butterfly Valley posted:

Sometimes they cunningly disguise them.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

what

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
its not work safe

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Technically correct

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

There's a customer on my route that does this, and though the spread isn't nearly as nice as the one in the video, it's loving awesome to get a free snack in the middle of the day.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
[Everybody loved that]

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:3:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love every bit of this and hope it's real.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I love every bit of this and hope it's real.

I'm positive it isn't

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1202239330732793863

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1202266834134716417

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pretty solid way to be popular in china but not get your liver harvested.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SHARIA LAW SCHOOL posted:

I'm positive it isn't

NASA apparently tweeted that it's fake.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

Sometimes they cunningly disguise them.

Whenever I order something and am not there to accept delivery, I get a little note telling me to come pick it up at the local distribution centre. Can Americans not do that for some reason?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Patrick Spens posted:

Whenever I order something and am not there to accept delivery, I get a little note telling me to come pick it up at the local distribution centre. Can Americans not do that for some reason?

I don't know about all americans but here if you live in a rural area you get a little slip when you first move in that lets you choose from a few different options. You can have stuff left on the front stoop, tell them a specific place on your property to leave the package, or tell them you'd rather pick it up at the post office. Again, that is here and america is loving large and things work different everywhere.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

NASA apparently tweeted that it's fake.

every one of those "thanks for your wacky suggestions" response letters are fake

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Literally A Person posted:

I don't know about all americans but here if you live in a rural area you get a little slip when you first move in that lets you choose from a few different options. You can have stuff left on the front stoop, tell them a specific place on your property to leave the package, or tell them you'd rather pick it up at the post office. Again, that is here and america is loving large and things work different everywhere.

FedEx tends to be the worst for me. I live in an apartment complex, they could just you know, take it to the front desk, but instead they'll leave it outside my building, so I've come home to several packages that have been soaked by rain.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah fedex is consistently worse than ups and usps for me in pretty much all respects

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Iron Crowned posted:

FedEx tends to be the worst for me. I live in an apartment complex, they could just you know, take it to the front desk, but instead they'll leave it outside my building, so I've come home to several packages that have been soaked by rain.

Oh yeah, the fedex is bad but I was just talking about the USPS specifically. Private carriers just do what they do and really don't ask you.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Iron Crowned posted:

FedEx is the only one that consistently fucks up my delivery instructions and just seems to try to make life difficult in general. Like, I clear something cheap to be dropped off without a signature? NOPE, I get the doortag and a late delivery. "Please leave on side porch"? Nope, just put the big-rear end box on the sidewalk in front of my door where everyone can see it. Pick up your missed delivery? Sorry, it's in the next town over til tomorrow, why would we leave it at the delivery center where you live??

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap81xXoGG4U

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Doesn't UPS also treat their workers far better than FedEx? I know that you can't always choose your carrier, but I never pick FedEx if I can help it.

Baseball tips with Baseball King Randy Savage: Improve your swing by dropping your elbow.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Doesn't UPS also treat their workers far better than FedEx? I know that you can't always choose your carrier, but I never pick FedEx if I can help it.

Baseball tips with Baseball King Randy Savage: Improve your swing by dropping your elbow.

Pretty sure UPS workers are unionized

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

EvilJoven posted:

Every once in a while you see a youtube vid or gif of some russian dude cuddling with this pet tiger or mountain lion and I think holy poo poo do I ever want a pet tiger or mountain lion.

Then I think of the odd time one of my boring rear end house cats get mad and bite/scratch me and remember that if they were 90+ lbs I'd probably be dead by now.

Still, it'd almost be worth it.

BIG KITTY CUDDLES

I nearly got some big kitty cuddles last night trying to get a conditioning hike in so that I'm not winded by snowshoeing later in the season. My fiance and I were surprised to encounter 2 or 3 cougars heading back down on the trail we were hiking up. This was not a game trail but a maintained trail on a very popular mountain. I told her to start walking down, then picked up a couple of rocks and started making noise with them. One of them appeared on the ridge above me, so I threw one of my rocks at it and it disappeared. Needless to say we didn't continue up.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

Pretty sure UPS workers are unionized

All the better.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Sex Skeleton posted:

I nearly got some big kitty cuddles last night trying to get a conditioning hike in so that I'm not winded by snowshoeing later in the season. My fiance and I were surprised to encounter 2 or 3 cougars heading back down on the trail we were hiking up. This was not a game trail but a maintained trail on a very popular mountain. I told her to start walking down, then picked up a couple of rocks and started making noise with them. One of them appeared on the ridge above me, so I threw one of my rocks at it and it disappeared. Needless to say we didn't continue up.

what a pussy!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I know I'm ripping off some random tweet, but it's the third year in a row that I put up the crib and Mom doesn't notice Optimus.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

EvilJoven posted:

Every once in a while you see a youtube vid or gif of some russian dude cuddling with this pet tiger or mountain lion and I think holy poo poo do I ever want a pet tiger or mountain lion.

Then I think of the odd time one of my boring rear end house cats get mad and bite/scratch me and remember that if they were 90+ lbs I'd probably be dead by now.

Still, it'd almost be worth it.

BIG KITTY CUDDLES

terrifying purring

probably like a diesel generator running on your lap

related blessed cat noises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlsA-BszHMI

death metal small felid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here