Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i cannot divulge the secret scoring formula, or whether this is a +hgp word or a -hgp word

nor will i post the secret 1 million horny point phrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Ok, I have to decide who i want to woo in Stardew Valley. At first I was thinking the Emo Kid but he said something about being happy with winter’s shorter days, so he’s out. Now I’m leaning Shy Bookworm but maybe only because I’d like to rescue her from continuing to live in a trailer with her fairly abusive mom?

I went with the blue hair crystal lady

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Realtalk, the 1996-1997 school year was especially tough for me, as a kid with an Italian last name.

Mario’s idle animation in Mario 64 has him doze off and start listing names of different pasta. Once word got out about this in the schoolyard, I was done for.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I went with the blue hair crystal lady

She says something to me like, “I like to think that birds and butterflies are my special friends!”, so nope she’s out

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

did ConcernedApe ever add a Sandy romance

homeless snail posted:

Bowsette except she's still like half koopa

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

i cannot divulge the secret scoring formula, or whether this is a +hgp word or a -hgp word

It's Bowsette.

It's always been Bowsette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjfsAuTjmtI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

doing some extremely important work tonight

Let it be known that I spent all of last night playing the, ahem, JRPG animes :awesome:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

homeless snail posted:

A while ago, I created thesis on Clan Zorah regarding quarian sweat, etc. I'll post it here with some post-scriptum edits and abridgement, it was created over the course of approximately 40 minutes. In several posts.

It started off as an analysis of Tali's sweat, trying to figure out what it'd smell and taste like. I quickly realised that most scents originate from bacteria, which would be minimal to non-existent for quarians.

The next best thing, would be Urea. Urea is essential for the metabolism of mammals, and also a bonding agent (For say, p-cresol and o-cresol, two odor chemicals found in sweat. Though these likely aren't available to quarians), and it, and residues of the amino acids and chemicals used in its production are excreted through many different ways. Urine, sweat, etc.

This thesis assumes quarians are anything like mammals back on earth and have a digestive system at least remotely similar to theirs.

---

One of the main components of sweat, urea, is not affected by chirality, it cannot have a mirrored/dextro version:

The scent it is associated with is derived from residues of ammonia excreted along with it, which is a by-product of the production of urea.

Now, here's the deal, urea requires a ton of amino acids in order to be produced (levo amino acids, obviously), a short summary from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote...

Urea is synthesized in the body of many organisms as part of the urea cycle, either from the oxidation of amino acids or from ammonia. In this cycle, amino groups donated by ammonia and L-aspartate are converted to urea, while L-ornithine, citrulline, L-argininosuccinate, and L-arginine act as intermediates

Hence, this could result in a significantly different smell and composure of both her sweat, and other urea based excretions.

The urea cycle:

You see that "Arg" thing right below Urea on the urea cycle? Yeah, it stands for L-Arginine, you can get the dextro version through a largely similar cycle. It's an extremely mild neuro-toxic, pretty much a relaxing drug, a depressant, though excessive usage would actually result in additional stimulations, a stimulant.

A member of Clan Zorah, @troodon80, claims to have had personal experience with the substance as a depressant, and states that it is, in fact, addictive.

Additionally, the dextro version of "Asp" (stands for L-Aspartate), in order for it to be soluble like it's levo counterpart, it would likely bond with sodium, resulting in Sodium D-Aspartate, which is a natural performance enhancer [2], it massively increases the human body's production of testostorone, also resulting in an increased libido.

Finally, Orn, stands for L-ornithine. This amino acid allows for the disposal of excess nitrogen.
Dextro version of this is largely similar in role, except for the fact that it is far more prone to create a hydrogen bond. (Including with molecules like ammonia, NH3)
Hence, it would demobilize the ammonia and eliminate the odor emanated from the production of Urea to quite an extent.

So, so far, we can tell that Tali would not smell nearly as bad as those filthy humans, her sweat's a drug and a natural performance enhancer.

As for additional odors , that would be determined by MHC's and pheromones, which are too large and complex to even consider estimating with the limited knowledge we have at this time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immune system, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)is time. Though the production of MHC's is also a key component of our immune system, so they might be considerably less common for quarians. (They might even have something completely different altogether)

---

Remember, this is largely speculation, and I am by no means an expert, merely an enthusiastic amateur, so if you think there's anything you can change or debunk of my theory, be my guest. I'd be eager to learn.

But if you do agree, here's a question for ya': Licking Tali or licking Thane? :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Source your quotes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

great now I have to change the 1 million point phrase

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Source your quotes

...that joke only works that way if you think they were unironically posting their own thoughts on Tali's sweat, which, I know goons are weird, but in this case, "the tali sweat guy post" is not an original work

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We’re measuring horniness, not thirstiness

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Btw i can identify every Overwatch character by their lower back and/or inner thigh tattoos.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's Torbjorn's tattoo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Either a butterfly or a moth (the gifs are pretty low res)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

Either a butterfly or a moth (the gifs are pretty low res)

that's not a tattoo it's just a moth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

We’re measuring horniness, not thirstiness

Can we get an official adjudication on the difference between horny and thirsty please?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thirst requires trying to get something

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

leah is the best stardew girl by the way. i think he added shane too whom is probably the best guy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

great now I have to change the 1 million point phrase

tiddy tiddy tiddy one million points

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One million tiddies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope I come in last place

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Can we get an official adjudication on the difference between horny and thirsty please?

horny means you want to slam a rockstar and thirsty means you want to slam a Rockstar

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Next time someone posts an entry in the Horny Contest I am 100% putting up The Fourth Stimpire and no one can stop me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

horny means you want to slam a rockstar and thirsty means you want to slam a Rockstar

What if I want to slam a Rockstar off a rockstar?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/IGNJapan/status/1202503564695703552

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the battle between hank hill and kirby is one that only hank hill can win

you would think his power is kicking your rear end, or propane something or another, but actually it's being incredibly mundane. kirby thinks he wins... but now all he thinks is, gat dangit that is the most asinine thing i have ever heard

May 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

What if I want to slam a Rockstar off a rockstar?

lewd and shameful

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Didn't have anything to do this morning but I forgot to change the alarm

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Relax Or DIE posted:

What if I want to slam a Monster Energy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm thirsty to slam some beer and play Yakuza

So that's what I'm doin

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

haveblue posted:

What if I want to slam a Monster Energy

Then you're in a Kojima game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this title is making me think... when you die in real life, you can't reload

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
can't back up your life data

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm bored at work

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is $15 on Steam, and it's really loving good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kurtofan posted:

can't back up your life data

It's all right, it all gets uploaded to the cloud

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I hope I come

nice

Adbot