Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Oh god yeah. I've said it before but the tableau of his wife (who presumably is a rather more skilled political operator than him, having been PM of Denmark rather than a loving Welsh Hapsburg) glaring at him as his perfectly smooth brain attempts to process what has happened is *exactly* like a man who's just driven his car into a river looking for a shortcut to Ikea, despite his wife telling him for 10 miles that he was heading in the wrong direction:

lol remember how Yvette Cooper already had a leadership campaign team all set up for the day after and called them up after the exit poll started to bear true to tell them they were all fired lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hmm I'd watched that one but she didn't look particularly upset (though she certainly wasn't beaming) - do you have a timestamp perchance?

It's cued up to it - maybe I'm projecting a bit but she look to me like someone has just taken a poo poo on the desk in front of her and she's having to pretend it's not there.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

lol remember how Yvette Cooper already had a leadership campaign team all set up for the day after and called them up after the exit poll started to bear true to tell them they were all fired lmao

Also the centrist brains trust locking Corbyn and McDonnell out of party HQ because they were so convinced that they were going to resign before midnight.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Tesseraction posted:

When do you think the Guardian will do its editorial to endorse the Lib Dems?

Its possible, they endorsed them back in 2010. 2015 and 2017 they endorsed labour though so I don't think they'd change now, at least not with LD dropping like a stone in the polls.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 5, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao at this blokes twitter bio

https://twitter.com/Suffragentleman/status/1202549585564110848?s=20

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

an_mutt posted:

I was out of the country for the 2017 election so I missed out on all of the build-up and everything that happened afterwards. I was dreading and expecting a Tory landslide so it was loving amazing to bump into some random English guy in a Polish nightclub at 2AM telling me about the hung parliament.

Great chat-up line, but did he tell you about the election results?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lugey6/status/1202545942676877313

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJMPj7W1rMY

this is some poo poo

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

How much does your constituency candidate matter to your vote?
If you're for labour but the labour candidate was a shithead, would you vote libdem in a three way lab/con/lib fight? Or a lab/lib fight?

My incumbent MP is a shithead but last election was a razor thin win against the tory so just gonna hold my nose I guess. :(

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jose posted:

lol one of the things listed in the annex of that document is that labour appointed someone as asked but that his position is questionable because he mdae public statements supporting jewish voice for labour

Is that Gordon Nardell?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Is that Gordon Nardell?

yeah

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I always love getting someone on the doorstep who's concerned about Labour anti-semitism in City of London and Westminster as they invariably don't know that Gordon Nardell is Jewish. They don't really have a comeback for that.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
right. cold weather sucks, as does ice. here are some protips from a canadian for any of you canvassing out there:

1) freezing or low temperature rain is ludicrously efficient at lowering body temperature - very very conductive. you want something covering your head (touque for me but an umbrella works fine too)

2) the more you exert energy the warmer you will be, but try to avoid exerting yourself to the point you get sweaty if possible because again, water is very conductive. if you start to shiver your body is trying to force this so its a good sign to push a little harder.

3) wear boots - decent boots ideally, hiking ones are fine. this keeps you warm but more importantly is the traction. if you need to cross an icey patch you take it low and slow - keep your center of mass low and take your time

4) handwarmers are great but if you can't source them, a thermos or insulated travel mug genuinely can help - they let out the heat slowly and you can always enjoy a brew on the go too. i personally can't stand gloves but if you can get on that poo poo.

5) alcohol makes you feel warmer this is mostly an illusion - good carbohydrate filled breakfast and plenty of hot drinks is your best defense.

6) layers are amazing because you can never be sure how warm you're gonna be - bring one big coat and you might be alternating between freezing and boiling, a t shirt, sweater and light jacket gives you tons of options.

7) stay the gently caress away from puddles on the side of the road because drivers are wankers

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

I always love getting someone on the doorstep who's concerned about Labour anti-semitism in City of London and Westminster as they invariably don't know that Gordon Nardell is Jewish. They don't really have a comeback for that.

I'm just surprised the JLM haven't just shamelessly accused him of being a Kapo.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

bitterandtwisted posted:

If you're for labour but the labour candidate was a shithead, would you vote libdem in a three way lab/con/lib fight? Or a lab/lib fight?

My incumbent MP is a shithead but last election was a razor thin win against the tory so just gonna hold my nose I guess. :(

A national government has more impact than a local candidate.

I've been playing Celeste recently, its been a good distraction. Pretty hard platformer with a lot of replayability and a good underlying message about being sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70d9irlxiB4

I also caved and got No Truce with the Furies which has also been very good (and also has a good underlying message about being sad...and drug abuse!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHymGYwIis

e:
And if you can't splash out on games right now, the Internet Archive has a very robust collection: https://archive.org/details/consolelivingroom

justcola fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 5, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

it makes me think the whole document is not to be trusted. apparently its also explicitly outside what the EHRC is looking at which might be why it got leaked

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

With a week to go here's your reminder to get your bets in

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1959274628

17 takers so far, i know we have more posters than that :colbert:

Note that my bid isn't an earnest prediction, just one that'll have the money go to Labour party campaigning if there's a Tory majority as predicted by the MRP model.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Jose posted:

its also explicitly outside what the EHRC is looking at

How so?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Please don't post the copy protection for Jet Set Willy on-line and promote computer game piracy. #oldgoons

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I'm listening to the latest praxiscast and you referred to Liam Fox as 'the disgraced former defence secretary Liam Fox'.

I'd like to demand a correction, Liam Fox is in fact the disgraced former disgraced former disgraced former defense secretary,. The disgraced former disgraced former defence secretary is Michael Fallon who was forced out over sexual harassment allegations in 2017; and the disgraced former defence secretary is Gavin Williamson who was sacked after leaking documents from the National Security Council.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1202526969839210496

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the tweets i saw going into it are from a now protected account

george monbiot has come a long way. He was fairly anti-corbyn just a couple of months ago

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/1202553568072544256?s=20

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

justcola posted:

I also caved and got No Truce with the Furies

It's spelt with a T, mate.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

bitterandtwisted posted:

My MP is a shithead but as long as Labour overall is left wing then I will always hold my nose and vote for him

I'd sooner die than vote Lib Dem

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Just got this ad on Facebook for one of those which party should I vote for/data harvesting things but the artwork was what really shone out for me.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bundy posted:

Remember that whatever the result next week, this is merely a battle in an ongoing war. Even with a Labour win, it's going to take longer than one term to unfuck everything and the media will be on all out attack mode on a Labour govt from day one.
This is the bit i'm wary about, how much the right wing press would interfere with a Labour government.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

justcola posted:

I've been playing Celeste recently, its been a good distraction. Pretty hard platformer with a lot of replayability and a good underlying message about being sad.

I also caved and got No Truce with the Furies which has also been very good (and also has a good underlying message about being sad...and drug abuse!)

e:
And if you can't splash out on games right now, the Internet Archive has a very robust collection: https://archive.org/details/consolelivingroom

I've been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance because walking around 15th century Bohemia is preparing me for what happens if the Tories get a majority.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
General strike in France against neoliberalism, by the by.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

bitterandtwisted posted:

its a fucker to canvass when you find out the mp is a walking sack of turds, because your best comeback is "we aren't in islington so we're voting for our great local candidate here"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol of course the Brexit Party cunts are saying they're doing this because of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Just got this ad on Facebook for one of those which party should I vote for/data harvesting things but the artwork was what really shone out for me.

I don't think its been helped by an aspect ratio change, but yeah.....

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Jose posted:

lmao at this blokes twitter bio

"Stand By Your Manhood, It's Over There"?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I've been playing Kingdom Come Deliverance because walking around 15th century Bohemia is preparing me for what happens if the Tories get a majority.

It's surprisingly fun despite its issues. Get yourself a good bow and find an enemy with the best arrows and you can then just shoot every enemy in the face with arrows for one hit kills. Otherwise just crash an axe on their head

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bitterandtwisted posted:

I would hold my nose and vote Labour regardless I think. Our current Tory MP is by all accounts a decent local MP but he's also a Tory which overrides everything. Though the rich people houses that are usually covered in Vote Tory posters around elections are left bare right now.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
having said that loving vote labour because the turds can be flushed, CLPs can be sacked and pillaged, earth can be salted. You can't bring back those that have died under tory austerity, or protect those that will die from a tory/ld coalition

Tesseraction posted:

lol of course the Brexit Party cunts are saying they're doing this because of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party

"it's just not enough. Vote Boris, Vote Brexit, Vote Pogroms"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1202533552467959808

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bitterandtwisted posted:

Unless your Labour MP is full on Kate loving Hoey which then vote for the melt that Corbyn has the power to whip rather than the melt he doesn't.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Actually, It's about Anti-Semitism in the Labour Party

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Rarity posted:

Unless your Labour MP is full on Kate loving Hoey which then vote for the melt that Corbyn has the power to whip rather than the melt he doesn't.

Yeah, "this person will likley vote with labour at least some of the time" is still better than "this person will never vote labour"

And once there is a majority, peer pressure kicks in more.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

justcola posted:

e:

Great timing, I finally went back to Celeste this week and finished off the A-sides. Triple distilled perfection that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/aljwhite/status/1202543566494617600?s=20