Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Diephoon posted:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/heart-of-the-crashing-wave-Unique_Chest_Set_08_x1

You're right, I wonder where I got that wrong idea from. I guess you should focus on spirit regeneration then?

Maybe I'll drop some of my CD/CC from my paragon levels and throw 50 points onto CDR. Also, why is In-Geom universally better than Messerschmidt's Reaver? One gives 10 seconds on killing Elite packs, but the other is 1 second for every enemy killed, which I figure would add up more quickly, wouldn't it? Unless I'm just dashing from Elite to Elite pack, which I never do. I kill everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

chaosapiant posted:

Maybe I'll drop some of my CD/CC from my paragon levels and throw 50 points onto CDR. Also, why is In-Geom universally better than Messerschmidt's Reaver? One gives 10 seconds on killing Elite packs, but the other is 1 second for every enemy killed, which I figure would add up more quickly, wouldn't it? Unless I'm just dashing from Elite to Elite pack, which I never do. I kill everything.

In-Geom is a buff that lasts for 15 seconds after killing an elite, and is a fixed -10s CD to every cooldown you have. During that buff's uptime, Dashing Strike has no cooldown (and thus regenerates charges near-instantly), etc.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Unless I'm just dashing from Elite to Elite pack, which I never do. I kill everything.

This is a mistake. You want to be killing non elites only if the density is high.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Diephoon posted:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/heart-of-the-crashing-wave-Unique_Chest_Set_08_x1

You're right, I wonder where I got that wrong idea from. I guess you should focus on spirit regeneration then?

Maybe you were thinking of the fist weapon that refunds a charge when you hit a target at least X yards away?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kyrosiris posted:

In-Geom is a buff that lasts for 15 seconds after killing an elite, and is a fixed -10s CD to every cooldown you have. During that buff's uptime, Dashing Strike has no cooldown (and thus regenerates charges near-instantly), etc.

Ah, ok. So anything with a Cooldown of 10s or less is basically a free skill, for 15 seconds after every Elite pack is killed. That's a pretty significant boost!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

chaosapiant posted:

Ah, ok. So anything with a Cooldown of 10s or less is basically a free skill, for 15 seconds after every Elite pack is killed. That's a pretty significant boost!

Exactly. It also shaves off a chunk of time on the elite kill, though I don't know the exact way that works. The most important part is the buff; no cooldown Dashing Strike is one of the best parts of any Monk build that can fit In-Geom in.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kyrosiris posted:

Exactly. It also shaves off a chunk of time on the elite kill, though I don't know the exact way that works. The most important part is the buff; no cooldown Dashing Strike is one of the best parts of any Monk build that can fit In-Geom in.

drat, I'd have to drop Flying Dragon to use it. Not sure if that's worth it or if I should look at getting CDR in my paragon levels and as many item affixes as I can. And I'm using the Shenlong fist weapon set, so just wielding the item is out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone doing the season on Switch? I'm looking to get started and a power level would be pretty awesome.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anyone doing the season on Switch? I'm looking to get started and a power level would be pretty awesome.

I finished the journey, but life is too crazy busy right now for me to help. :smith:

Edit: in for diablo budz though SW-3528-9774-7197

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 5, 2019

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm just starting the season on switch so I'm not really ready to power level anything, but we can be diablo buds SW-0424-0008-8915

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Am I going to be able to hit gr70 with pet necromancer? I'm in the mid 50s now but every rift feels like a huge slog. I'm not sure where else to look for upgrades other than Enforcer levels.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Singularity Mages - the LON/LOD versión or just Rathma set can reach GR90-100 fairly easily. Around that range toughness can become an issue as ranged attacks one shot you.

Edit. Here is the icyveins guide. There are possibly others on diablofans but it’s rarely used anymore https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mage-singularity-build-with-lod

stuxracer fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 6, 2019

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

stuxracer posted:

Singularity Mages - the LON/LOD versión or just Rathma set can reach GR90-100 fairly easily. Around that range toughness can become an issue as ranged attacks one shot you.

Edit. Here is the icyveins guide. There are possibly others on diablofans but it’s rarely used anymore https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mage-singularity-build-with-lod

Diablofans is used all the time?

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Depends on who you follow on twitch I guess but the site has been way less active last few seasons. Lot of builds don’t have stat priorities for gear. There is a LOD necro one for patch 2.6.6

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

aite I'm gonna go pray for a while

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

eric ciaramella posted:

Am I going to be able to hit gr70 with pet necromancer? I'm in the mid 50s now but every rift feels like a huge slog. I'm not sure where else to look for upgrades other than Enforcer levels.

You could go over 90 without any despair augments the first season necro released with no ancients with singularity mage. Post your character I find it hard to believe the only upgrade you have is leveling your enforcer gem, there’s probably some minor build thing you aren’t noticing or don’t realize how important it is

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

What's an easy set dungeon to master with wiz? Tal's isn't working for me

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
Make a barb and sleep through the IK dungeon

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Waffle! posted:

What's an easy set dungeon to master with wiz? Tal's isn't working for me

Vyr's is the easiest:

1.) Reach 100 stacks three times.
2.) Kill 300 enemies while in Archon form.

It plays similarly to the normal build just with some swaps for mobility. Just murder demons as efficiently as you can and you'll ace it.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I play tals with frozen orb right now and it’s pretty solid farming 70(? Whatever t16 is). I really don’t like the channeling builds though. Gotta keep moving

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

T16 is equivalent to GR 75

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cleared my first gr100 this afternoon. Easy even considering it was mostly morlu and succubus. In paragon 600s and still only one GameCube drop. My other bulkathos sword would like to have vit thank you.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Tenacious J posted:

aite I'm gonna go pray for a while

On one of the recent previous seasons when I wasn't playing Barbarian I literally got like four Slanderers in the span of a few days

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Naramyth posted:

I play tals with frozen orb right now and it’s pretty solid farming 70(? Whatever t16 is). I really don’t like the channeling builds though. Gotta keep moving

Why not both? I have an Etched Sigil in my Cube, and my lasers shoot orbs and black holes for free!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I died. Almost to the end of GR 102 playing WD (carnevil darts is very strong comparatively to every other WD build).

Finished the season challenges, got probably the most lucky drop I've ever had in a primal Witching Hour, and was in the top 30 in the leaderboards when I dropped dead.

Gimmick was kind of fun, but gave me a few heart attacks with everything lagging with some of the more graphics intensive effects. It's a good thing the meteors are so ridiculously overpowered or I definitely would have died earlier from that.

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Playing as barb, at about 12500 STR. Augmenting stuff, would it make sense for me to augment with eg. INT for res?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Per posted:

Playing as barb, at about 12500 STR. Augmenting stuff, would it make sense for me to augment with eg. INT for res?

No

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

lol absolutely not

Augment main stat only unless you absolutely feel a need to augment VIT for some reason, but don't do that

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I think znec often does str or agi augs for the armor. Maybe something similar for zbarb or monk. But yeah if you’re playing a normal nonsupport build then absolutely always enchant your main stat

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Waffle! posted:

Why not both? I have an Etched Sigil in my Cube, and my lasers shoot orbs and black holes for free!

Oh I know it’s cool. I play too dumb when I’m just channeling away. Just stand in the fire and get killed.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Just made a good decision. Killed the Rift Guardian, but there was a Speed Pylon nearby. Since I'm wearing Nemesis Bracers, I figured it's a free DB or two and i can run around and gib anything else while the pylon's going.
Got to a Conduit Pylon and changed zones before the Speed ran out, still gibbing things left and right and then ran into a Gobbo Pack. Niiice.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Just killed the pandemonium 1000 kill streak Diablo. There should have been a feat of strength for it. :catstare:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pandemonium Diablo doesn't gently caress around, I'd say he's at least ~GR110 in terms of boss difficulty.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Query: are there any good resources for quickly trying to farm goblins for rainbow wings/pets?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Icy Veins has you covered.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/farming-guides

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dope, didn't even think about checking there. I figure since I'm done with my journey, I should put some actual effort into trying to find these drat wings.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

exquisite tea posted:

Pandemonium Diablo doesn't gently caress around, I'd say he's at least ~GR110 in terms of boss difficulty.

Is it independent of torment level he's found on?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Any guides on getting Pandemonium Diablo?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Haven't tried but I'm gonna assume the Adria map will have enough enemies. Or cow level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Query: are there any good resources for quickly trying to farm goblins for rainbow wings/pets?

From what I can tell, the places with the best/highest chance of a gobbo spawning are as follows:

Act 1
Leoric's Hunting Grounds, Northern Highlands, Southern Highlands. Each zone has a HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.
Southern Highlands > Cave Of The Moon Clan, both floors. Each floor has a HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.

Act 2
City Of Caldeum > Sewers Of Cladeum. HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.
Hidden Camp > North Exit into the Bazzar > Ruined Cistern. HIGH chance to spawn a gobbo.
Ancient Waterway > Eastern AND Western Channel, both levels of each. HIGH chance to spawn.

Act 5
Pandemonium Fortress, both levels. VERY HIGH chance to spawn TWO gobbos. They always spawn in the large, interconnected areas - never on the islands behind the portals.

Also, while in Act 1, you can also check The Weeping Hollow to see if Ravi Lilywhite has spawned. If so, killing her makes her drop the Liv Moore pet if you care about that.