Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Sleep expert

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

edit: if he's the doctor are you his pet monster

Yes.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Don't worry, you'll die of thirst long before you starve to death

Manifisto

obligatory

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

That's a brilliantly good dog

Heather Papps

hello friend

so know how hitler was a monster, but like, there is footage of him and blondi and it's like oh this dude loved his dog, that uh, is weird.

in the same vein here is my fave cat thing, from history!

According to Islamic tradition, Muezza (or Muʿizza; Arabic: معزة‎) was Muhammad's favorite cat.[8][9] Muhammad awoke one day to the sounds of the adhan. Preparing to attend prayer, he began to dress himself; however, he soon discovered his cat Muezza sleeping on the sleeve of his prayer robe. Rather than wake her, he used a pair of scissors to cut the sleeve off, leaving the cat undisturbed. Another story is, upon returning from the mosque, Muhammad received a bow from Muezza. He then smiled and gently stroked his beloved cat three times.[8][9]

dude friggin cut his sleeve off to avoid waking muezza! he may have been a warlord but like, come on, that is some humanizing poo poo right there. 3 times! he pet his kitty gently 3 times!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Queen-Of-Hearts

The Sleep Expert has logged on.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

this or

Charlie Pride

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
oh, I see now I missed the part where you decided on Frank + variants.

that's okay,

you don't have to call him Charlie Pride

Queen-Of-Hearts

His official title is The Mad Dr. Franklinstein.

I appreciate your ideas though :h:

death sext

the good thing about pets is they can have infinite names. i rarely call my cats their real names, and the more embarrassing the nickname the better

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have a feeling taht to most pets their name is basically a command that means "pay attention"

i truly believe animals have personal selfs, and like, a name they use for themselves in their inner lives, whatever that is

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The Sleep Expert has logged on.

this is the exact same position i sleep in every night in order to become more powerful. your cat is very wise

Goons Are Gifts

Heather Papps posted:

i have a feeling taht to most pets their name is basically a command that means "pay attention"

i truly believe animals have personal selfs, and like, a name they use for themselves in their inner lives, whatever that is

There are actual studies and data about this and originally I effort posted about it like a huge nerd in this post but then I thought that would blow up this beautiful pet thread and instead to cut it down to just one detail:

There are pets where this is evidently the case and some where it more or less clearly isn't due to what we know about how their minds work. For the ones where it isn't the case, a name is probably comparable to a "Come here", "Look at me", or "Pay attention to me", yes.

ChubbyChecker

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I'm not 100% on a name yet for this dashing young man. I'm leaning towards Franklin, or The Mad Dr. Franklinstein.

Unless you friends have a better idea for a name

:swoon:

death sext

those ears look dangerous

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

There are actual studies and data about this and originally I effort posted about it like a huge nerd in this post but then I thought that would blow up this beautiful pet thread and instead to cut it down to just one detail:

There are pets where this is evidently the case and some where it more or less clearly isn't due to what we know about how their minds work. For the ones where it isn't the case, a name is probably comparable to a "Come here", "Look at me", or "Pay attention to me", yes.

it's an interesting topic though! count me among the ones who would be interested in an effortpost, be it in this thread or elsewhere

ty nesamdoom!

FactsAreUseless

Something can't be both new and familiar!

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

it's an interesting topic though! count me among the ones who would be interested in an effortpost, be it in this thread or elsewhere

Since it also came up in ant crew a few times I think I can do an effort thread about mind stuff if you want, might be one hell of a ride though and shitloads of words which is why I didn't want to bother the yob with another thread like it originally, but I might reconsider now that the effort thread load has gone down

Goons Are Gifts

The important part ITT though is thst this cat is a beauty

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

The important part ITT though is thst this cat is a beauty

Rinzla

My cat doesn’t pay attention whether I say his name or not.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

:blastu:

Queen-Of-Hearts

Just do the effort post in here

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

death sext posted:

the good thing about pets is they can have infinite names. i rarely call my cats their real names, and the more embarrassing the nickname the better

My cat's name is Shannon, but she readily answers to Capt. Stinkymeow.

Queen-Of-Hearts

ChubbyChecker

aww

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

call 'im Nut Head

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

death sext

here you can use my household cat name and that name is peepee poopoo pants

Queen-Of-Hearts

He also "responds" to HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE! and GOD DAMNIT DON'T EAT THAT

death sext

ah, I see he is a true master of the shithead form

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

call 'im Tinkle

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Queen-Of-Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB2rKqf1q_c

ChubbyChecker

:3:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

PRO CLICK

Queen-Of-Hearts

In one morning, Franklin has cleared a bookshelf, taken down the curtains (twice, 2 diff. curtains), tried to steal a bran muffin, sampled some chicken casserole, tried to knock over my teapot, and tried to fistfight the microwave.

I choose to believe he was listening to this at full volume in his little kitty head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa3yrmFQjM4

ChubbyChecker

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

In one morning, Franklin has cleared a bookshelf, taken down the curtains (twice, 2 diff. curtains), tried to steal a bran muffin, sampled some chicken casserole, tried to knock over my teapot, and tried to fistfight the microwave.

I choose to believe he was listening to this at full volume in his little kitty head:

:radcat:

Manifisto

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

that's okay, I'm sure he was just having an off day and his energy will return tomorrow

ty nesamdoom!

ChubbyChecker

Manifisto posted:

that's okay, I'm sure he was just having an off day and his energy will return tomorrow

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted: