Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Anyway here's the Grauniad clutching its pearls about how the rude teens don't read the news but just share memes https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/05/uncovered-reality-of-how-smartphones-turned-election-news-into-chaos

quote:

MailOnline <...> – professional journalism outlets

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
if you're thinking of switching to Nationwide find someone to refer you and you get £100 each :)

you have to actually use it as your main current account though

fuf fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 5, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

nobody tell these peopel the statistics that show that old people share way way more ``fake news'' than the youts

the guardian is the boomers and they are sharing fake news constantly as long as it favours the lib dems

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

nobody tell these peopel the statistics that show that old people share way way more ``fake news'' than the youts
But nobody is factchecking the memes.

Shouting lady was never even in the same room as vegetal cat.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Guavanaut posted:

But nobody is factchecking the memes.

how do you explain that mr corbyn?? your sileence is deafening!!!!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

vegetal cat.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Tesseraction posted:

Anyway here's the Grauniad clutching its pearls about how the rude teens don't read the news but just share memes https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/05/uncovered-reality-of-how-smartphones-turned-election-news-into-chaos

So, there are six images on this article. Four feature Corbyn, and three of those is negative about him. There are two with Boris, and both are neutral.

Fiona from Bolton, 22-year old Tory, gets three shoutouts.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Tesseraction posted:

(Man labelled "print news media" walking with shocked woman labelled "austerity". The man is turning to stare at a young woman labelled "but anti-Semitism")

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I wonder what effect constantly eating reduced food at supermarkets will have on people. a diet of rice and rotten sausages is going to kill me some day

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Isomermaid posted:

I've met Jimmy Carr and he's very different in real life to his stage persona so I'm going to say you're putting way more thought into his declaration of libertarianism than he did. There's "the tax avoidance because I can" and the rest is rationalisation after the fact and performative idiocy

Do you remember in the first Terminator film where Kyle Reese talked about the first generation of Terminators, and how they were able to spot them easily?

That's how I feel about Jimmy Carr.
Between his weird makeup routine that makes his skin seem plasticky and his really put upon laugh, he just looks like he's a robot trying to infiltrate society.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

If there’s any outcome of this election it is that the bbc is now officially hosed

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Necrothatcher posted:

I think this is total horseshit btw.

It's maybe an over-generalisation but they are about and I have a couple of Jewish friends who have stopped being active in the party because of those sorts of people.

It's getting better, and has actively improved since Corbyn took over in my opinion, because there are more people about who haven't got exhausted by arguing with racist dinosaurs for decades and are prepared to call them out on their bullshit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

Can someone find a tweet version of this article so I can tell them to start spending more of their budget on news and less on low-effort middle age, middle class self-described centrist opinion writers?

Gaemblor
Jun 19, 2002

Sheldon Brown - Better than you think!

forkboy84 posted:

Can someone find a tweet version of this article so I can tell them to start spending more of their budget on news and less on low-effort middle age, middle class self-described centrist opinion writers?

no problem fellow poster

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1202580813986045952

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Curious to know if any researchers in the study had to look at last week's prolapse.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
Has a Tory canvasser at the door. Let them sell their spiel for a good ten minutes before I offloaded the last 4 decades of fuckings they have done to me and mine,as well as what they have done to all of the people who are at the bottom. I like to count that as a win.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

StoicFnord posted:

Has a Tory canvasser at the door. Let them sell their spiel for a good ten minutes before I offloaded the last 4 decades of fuckings they have done to me and mine,as well as what they have done to all of the people who are at the bottom. I like to count that as a win.

Hahaha, nice.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Isomermaid posted:

(Man labelled "print news media" walking with shocked woman labelled "austerity". The man is turning to stare at a young woman labelled "but anti-Semitism")

I've actually seen that but with the women marked "politically homeless" and "actually homeless".

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

wtf is "politically homeless"?

VV Oh. I see. VV

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 5, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

which reminds me good lad Phil McDuff did an article on why 'politically homeless' people are ghoulish cunts https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/05/politically-homeless-austerity-election

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Perhaps a hamster posted:

labur antosemen, toyr brexit

who can i vote both sied saem

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Shy tories

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Politically Homeless: Actual Conservative

The current Conservatives are actuallh the Reactionary Party

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

Shy tories

Be fair, some of them are shy Lib Dems who believe that we don't necessarily have to say goodbye to that nice Mr. Macron to start looting the country.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Lib Dems are tories with added steps.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Lol. Six participants. six

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VV Oh. I see. VV

Losers crying that Tony Blair didn't bomb enough kids.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

labur antosemen, toyr brexit

who can i vote both sied saem

To quote my new favourite game:

Not that I actually want anyone to say fascist things, but at least then they're easy to identify.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1202616367427575808

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
"I'm a politically homeless person sleeping on the political streets, begging for political change" i type from my comfy four-bedroomer as the CIF deadline looms

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
people who don't want the poor to starve but given a choice between destroying the structures that make them feel better than the poor and having the poor starve they'll lean to the latter.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

*votes Tory to stick it to scroungers*

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Azza Bamboo posted:

people who don't want the poor to starve but given a choice between destroying the structures that make them feel better than the poor and having the poor starve they'll lean to the latter.

This is just it. They want the homeless to have it better, sure. But not at the cost of absolutely any slight inconvenience to themselves.

And then they justify not helping as “all homeless are scroungers” because it’s easier than admitting that.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"I'm a politically homeless person sleeping on the political streets, begging for political change" i type from my comfy four-bedroomer as the CIF deadline looms

It's spectacularly tacky isn't it? See also: "I'm a political refugee"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

StoicFnord posted:

:nice:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

despite what the polls say the reality is we're closer than we've ever been to a genuine labour government, we came close in 2017 and we literally out manuevered johnson from day one until he was begging and crying for an election and we collapsed his government on our own terms. If we lose it'll be poo poo but we're closer to winning than ever before.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Isomermaid posted:

It's spectacularly tacky isn't it? See also: "I'm a political refugee"
Jeremty Corbyn giving me a bollocking for loving up made me feel like the people that fled from Nazis whjy would he do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Red Oktober posted:

This is just it. They want the homeless to have it better, sure. But not at the cost of absolutely any slight inconvenience to themselves.

And then they justify not helping as “all homeless are scroungers” because it’s easier than admitting that.

Those cunts will be irrelevant soon. Remember the most important policy in the Labour manifesto: immediately ending homelessness by housing all homeless people.

I recommend using that as a powerful argument in a pinch by the way. Force people to try to argue against housing the homeless. If they do, they are a lost cause and not worth your time. But if they can't bring themselves to do it, then they are now thinking: "Wait, if that's possible then why aren't we doing it right now?"