Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
all of y'all will find someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
or not. not is fine too.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

ultravoices posted:

or not. not is fine too.

perfectly valid too ❤️

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The MUMPSorceress posted:

dammit why does my longvatar have a gap. graph what did i do wrong

iospace posted:

Nah, the software is weird if I remember right.

im not sure im v bad with forums images things would you like me to ask or defer to iospace?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The way to "fix" it is to have another image, like a gang tag, as the first, for what it's worth.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
yeah I remember someone mentioning once that they got their longvatar to work by putting a 1x1 pixel transparent PNG as the actual avatar then both "avatar" parts in the title section

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol my wife won't let me rebuy it to fix it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you're just going to have to live with that thigh gap

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Synthbuttrange posted:

you're just going to have to live with that thigh gap

:hmmyes:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

:owned:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

it’s... it’s $5

i will literally give you a $5 cert to fix it if someone hasn’t already done so

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
thanks whoever fixed my avatar

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Ahahaha oh my god. The last, like, five frames of that are simply amazing. It reminds me a little of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1WhbvKRQ78

handle
Jan 20, 2011

thanks whoever fixed my avatar
yeah np!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
in memory of my old brand

http://www.jithub.io
http://www.jithub.cx

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun

:patriot:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my friend in the uk finally got in to a gender clinic and apparently recently they've made things much better. they've gotten rid of the requirement that you have to get bottom surgery (or "want" bottom surgery) to get hormones, they actually knew what nonbinary people are, and they were incredibly helpful and caring instead of trying to trick her into admitting she didn't need treatment like they previously had.

though apparently this isn't entirely through the NHS, it's through some kind of "grant" system, so who knows if this is a genuine impression of what everyone gets or she's just lucky.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shame Boy posted:

my friend in the uk finally got in to a gender clinic and apparently recently they've made things much better. they've gotten rid of the requirement that you have to get bottom surgery (or "want" bottom surgery) to get hormones, they actually knew what nonbinary people are, and they were incredibly helpful and caring instead of trying to trick her into admitting she didn't need treatment like they previously had.

though apparently this isn't entirely through the NHS, it's through some kind of "grant" system, so who knows if this is a genuine impression of what everyone gets or she's just lucky.

that's because the English NHS is devolved to a bunch of local councils that operates on grants. she must have moved to a council that is doing things better.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that's because the English NHS is devolved to a bunch of local councils that operates on grants. she must have moved to a council that is doing things better.

she's in the same area she's always been and she had to travel for 3 hours one way to get to this clinic. apparently this was actually some kind of new system that was recently implemented according to her :shrug:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-find-an-nhs-gender-identity-clinic/

'Your GP can refer you directly to one of the eight GICs.'

i believe its this

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

theadder posted:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-find-an-nhs-gender-identity-clinic/

'Your GP can refer you directly to one of the eight GICs.'

i believe its this

those "foundation trusts" they're referring to are the councils I mentioned. specific councils decided to do better and the others are just punting their trans people to those councils instead of improving themselves

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

those "foundation trusts" they're referring to are the councils I mentioned. specific councils decided to do better and the others are just punting their trans people to those councils instead of improving themselves

yeah ok that makes sense, though according to her there was in fact some kind of system-wide change too, which i'm guessing is why nonbinary people are even mentioned at all on the NHS official site. looking at this list, the reason she had to travel 3 hours is because that's actually the closest one to her :sigh:

oh apparently they also do like, weekly swimming meetups where they rent out an entire swimming pool for the afternoon and everyone comes and wears swimsuits in a safe environment and gets some nice body positivism which sounds fun

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

Shame Boy posted:

yeah ok that makes sense, though according to her there was in fact some kind of system-wide change too, which i'm guessing is why nonbinary people are even mentioned at all on the NHS official site. looking at this list, the reason she had to travel 3 hours is because that's actually the closest one to her :sigh:

oh apparently they also do like, weekly swimming meetups where they rent out an entire swimming pool for the afternoon and everyone comes and wears swimsuits in a safe environment and gets some nice body positivism which sounds fun

the thing I miss the most is swimming, it always gave me that weird feeling when exposing my body but i forced myself, now even that i still am not on hormones i couldn't, god i wish i could swim. From what i recall there are no groups like this here unfortunately.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RustyKnight posted:

the thing I miss the most is swimming, it always gave me that weird feeling when exposing my body but i forced myself, now even that i still am not on hormones i couldn't, god i wish i could swim. From what i recall there are no groups like this here unfortunately.

Oh gods, please don't doxx me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
swimming is good

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Improbable Lobster posted:

swimming is good

ain’t it?

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

Bush lied, Kentucky Fried.
EDIT: I have been told by my friend that it's apparently been moved to the mod hut as fyad was loving with its content. Ugh.

SenatorIvy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 11, 2019

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SenatorIvy posted:

EDIT: I have been told by my friend that it's apparently been moved to the mod hut as fyad was loving with its content. Ugh.

would you like any specific clarifications or any post retrievals from a moved thread ?

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

graph posted:

would you like any specific clarifications or any post retrievals from a moved thread ?

No thanks, I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't hosed something up. Had a question in passing to post but I can just ask some other time. :)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

There's a new one in the same subforum as the last one.

Also hi.

SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

hi :v:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

:sparkles: sup

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
now is probably a good time to reiterate that you should avoid posting personal info itt or anywhere on the forums really.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i'm gay

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

now is probably a good time to reiterate that you should avoid posting personal info itt or anywhere on the forums really.

to add onto this when posting pictures be sure to use a host that allows you to delete the image and which strips location info from the EXIF data. Imgur with an account does both.

discord also strips EXIF data, but I don't trust it and use an app to clear EXIF before posting.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also turn off recording locations on pictures in your phone in the first place because you will never ever actually need it and it does nothing but cause problems

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

In my case, they can't do anything to me some rando crackhead on the bus can't so gently caress it.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

quick workaround is to just take a screenshot of the photo you want to send on mobile. I like maps so I appreciate geotagged images, and it’s pretty quick on iOS to just, swipe up to check if it’s pinned on a map, or if it’s not

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

also turn off recording locations on pictures in your phone in the first place because you will never ever actually need it and it does nothing but cause problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
video gaymes
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ne4nzz/play-the-first-lgbtq-computer-game-for-the-first-time-caper-in-the-castro