Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Inaros with jiggle physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Raptor1033 posted:

MR 28 test bitching. I try it once in relay, think oh okay Vauban will be PERFECT for this! No. FOR SOME loving REASON enemies in vortex were rendered immune to the thrown item and couldn't be killed. gently caress you game

edit: Tomorrow I try Spova instead

Do octavia with the augment that lets her choose where the ball goes(it stops moving when it gets there), it can even go in the exilus slot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Avynte posted:

Inaros with jiggle physics.

Jiggle those dognips

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jiggle those dognips

Games › Warframe: Jiggle those dognips

Also, which, if any, is the best Archwing to build?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Itzal and Amesha. Itzal is pretty much the best place to start but if mobility+stealth is unappealing, Amesha has incredibly good options for more static play (still quite mobile, it is Warframe).

Elytron and Odanata are both pretty bad.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Agents are GO! posted:

Games › Warframe: Jiggle those dognips

Put the mod that makes you go fast into Itzal.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Tulip posted:

Itzal and Amesha. Itzal is pretty much the best place to start but if mobility+stealth is unappealing, Amesha has incredibly good options for more static play (still quite mobile, it is Warframe).

Elytron and Odanata are both pretty bad.

Elytron is absolutely amazing at actual archwing missions. Max range, max power, max efficiency missiles just annihilate.

Sadly, the primary reason you have an archwing is to do stuff on the Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon, such as "go fast" which Elytron does not do. And its missiles hit like wet noodles there.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

Amesha will probably get you the most bang for your buck if you've still got AW nodes to clear. It's quite braindead and survivable when you dont have many mods. That said, if you can get fluctus parts from goons, or a kuva ayanga lich, a good gun will make a way bigger impact.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fun Fact: The Imperator has a huge visual bullet bloom when you fire it, but it is in fact a hitscan laser.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Elytron is the absolute strongest archwing.

If the criteria is sound design.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

My friend is a strange person. He is extremely particular in what he likes and excludes anything else. He only has 2 frames at Mr19, Oberon Prime and Umbra. He likes being a palidin in any game that has a paladin class or equivalent and dislikes not being a palidn.

He's also like this with weapons and only has Dread, Lenz, Baza, and scourge for primaries. He also only has Vaykor Marelok and Spira Prime as secondaries.

It's bizarre to see someone so strictly dedicated to their exact playstyle. But he likes it so more power to him.

I'm partly jealous since he has mountains of forma and potatoes because he is so reluctant to use anything but his mains.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised he doesnt have Harrow. He's aesthetically and mechanically less pure paladin of goat dad, but the focus on taking damage and spreading righteous buffs to your team is there.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Avynte posted:

I'm surprised he doesnt have Harrow. He's aesthetically and mechanically less pure paladin of goat dad, but the focus on taking damage and spreading righteous buffs to your team is there.

That's more of a smiting cleric, you fool!

But yeah, that self-imposed restriction is weird as hell.

My favorite playstyle is any weapon/ability that gives me micro missiles and I also love making enemies fight each other or having drones.

Actually... Imma make a MAX MICRO build this weekend and see what I can squeeze out.

Oberon/Nyx, Phantasma, the Gauss sidearm, and... Tatsu?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think i like that person very much

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

Actually... Imma make a MAX MICRO build this weekend and see what I can squeeze out.

Oberon/Nyx, Phantasma, the Gauss sidearm, and... Tatsu?

Micro missiles and itano circus weapons do own. It's a real shame we dont have more primaries that shoot out hordes of missiles. I want a drakgoon that shoots rockets.

It's a bit of a stretch, but you could always pretend the orvious suspend is kind of like a drone. Dual wield with kulstar or prisma angstrum?
Cyanex is a kind of a stretch too, but it sorta homes and you can get a bunch of projectiles flying through the air at the same time like you're dumping flares.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's a real shame Odonata's 3 is the most mediocre missile swarm ever, too

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

The Skeleton King posted:

My friend is a strange person. He is extremely particular in what he likes and excludes anything else. He only has 2 frames at Mr19, Oberon Prime and Umbra. He likes being a palidin in any game that has a paladin class or equivalent and dislikes not being a palidn.

He's also like this with weapons and only has Dread, Lenz, Baza, and scourge for primaries. He also only has Vaykor Marelok and Spira Prime as secondaries.

It's bizarre to see someone so strictly dedicated to their exact playstyle. But he likes it so more power to him.

I'm partly jealous since he has mountains of forma and potatoes because he is so reluctant to use anything but his mains.

Have you pointed him at Rhino tennogen?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tylana posted:

Have you pointed him at Rhino tennogen?

Rhino is pure Fighter, and the tennogen just make him into a Knight

Bull Rush into the fray, Come and Get It, gently caress you can't kill me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo, are we gonna have to assign a DND class to every Frame and whoops 75% of them are Sorcerers.

Actually...

Ash - Rogue
Atlas - Monk/Transmutation Wizard
Banshee - Bard or Wind druid?
Baruuk - Monk
Chroma - Magus?
Ember - Wizard
Equinox ???
Excalibur - Fighter
Frost - Wizard/Sorcerer
Mirage - Wizard that slotted everything for Mirror Image. One level of Bard for that dancing power.
gently caress I'm already bored
Nyx - The psychic class I forget
Oberon - Paladin/Druid
Octavia - Bard
Rhino - Fighter or Barbarian
Saryn - Circle of Spore Druid
Trinity - Cleric
Valkyr - Barbarian
Vauban -Artificer
Volt - Wizard

That's all the energy I have for that.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I refuse to acknowledge several of those classes and yes, if you did DND classes for Warframe most would be "wizard" and potentially all of them could be "wizard" e.g. Rhino is a "muscle wizard."

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

turns out every frame has 16 levels in every single class at the same time

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every single Frame has 30 in Athletics and Acrobatics, minimum.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tulip posted:

I refuse to acknowledge several of those classes and yes, if you did DND classes for Warframe most would be "wizard" and potentially all of them could be "wizard" e.g. Rhino is a "muscle wizard."

Pictured: Rhino

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Share the music as well!

https://youtu.be/4_gObHt1uZA

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Does he know about the Guardian Derision mod that taunts enemies when he blocks?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Does your friend also ansolutely insist on playing a human character if that's a choice in a game? Also insists on never wearing a helmet? If so I might know that friend.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This reminds me of my friend. He utterly refuses to play almost any games that are not related to an IP that existed when we were 16.

At least your friend is willing to play a game from a new IP that came out in the last 10 years.

Unperson_47 posted:

Does your friend also ansolutely insist on playing a human character if that's a choice in a game? Also insists on never wearing a helmet? If so I might know that friend.

Never wearing a helmet is a fine decision, especially if it's a game where your character talks in cutscenes.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Gotta love the dill holes in Sortie spies that run into the vault you're in just to slam face first into a laser.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Guass Mag Helmet, Zaw Riven, & Catalyst alerts up tomorrow

Also:

https://twitter.com/zabijavak/status/1201720281779228673

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Anora posted:

Gotta love the dill holes in Sortie spies that run into the vault you're in just to slam face first into a laser.

I just hate pubs in sortie who all leave after the first and second missions when everything is going perfectly fine. Motherfucker, why are you making me queue up again? Were you planning to do 2 out of 3 and just stop?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If someone in a non-preform group sticks around after one mission you've already hit a weird anomaly.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
BTW, this song is really good when I want to deploy and retrieve extractors on the Warframe android app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TICn16U-rI

Probe away!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Mailer posted:

If someone in a non-preform group sticks around after one mission you've already hit a weird anomaly.

I always get it where I'll be doing some relic capture or exterminate and we get a good group working together well and are just breezing through it and then after the mission everybody leaves, group disbands. Then I'll queue again and like 2 of the same people from my last group are there in the new group. The third guy will turn up the next time I queue. I'll run into them for about 30 minutes is what I'm saying.

Why don't we just stick in the same group and run the same fissure over and over? This even happens when our group has used 4 radded relics. Like, why re-queue if we're going to use radded relics?

I'm playing in SEAsia and I don't know if it's just a thing here, or if it's universal in Warframe.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I drop out of squads after a mission because I play on an old laptop and it takes me a while to load into missions. More often than not, I will join mid-mission so it's faster for me than having everyone else ready up and go through the opening load for a mission every time.

Related: when I enter a mission with a squad, most of the times I have to let the opening animation of all our frames dropping down to the ground play before I can move. Even after skipping the cinematic, I have to let the animation complete but everyone else has scurried away 1/4 across the map already. Anyone else? I assume it's my slow laptop/bad connection.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 6, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Why don't we just stick in the same group and run the same fissure over and over? This even happens when our group has used 4 radded relics. Like, why re-queue if we're going to use radded relics?

You have to ask if everyone wants to go again, and that's assuming you all have extra radded relics. It's pretty frequent during new/unvaulted frame rush weekend to have people say "poo poo... go again?" but it's just as frequent to see "That was my last relic" or "No more traces" from 2+ people in response. That's ignoring the guy who is dicking around in his orbiter for ten minutes between missions, or chatting with his clan, or went to the bathroom, or any number of other reasons to delay jumping back in. It's faster and easier to just requeue and eliminate That Guy(c) from the equation.

Unperson_47 posted:

Related: when I enter a mission with a squad, most of the times I have to let the opening animation of all our frames dropping down to the ground play before I can move. Even after skipping the cinematic, I have to let the animation complete but everyone else has scurried away 1/4 across the map already. Anyone else? I assume it's my slow laptop/bad connection.

Shiny new PC but still old Australian internet means this is constant. I thought no one ever skipped the cutscene for a while until I realized it was just me.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Mailer posted:

I thought no one ever skipped the cutscene for a while until I realized it was just me.

This was my exact thought as well until I noticed everyone else was leaving me behind every time. Auto-skipping all previous seen cinematics should be an option.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unperson_47 posted:

Even on a good PC with good internet this happens sometimes.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you know I just realized I would be more hype for a random melee riven than for a zaw riven, because it's cooler to make a random weapon really good than an optimized and predetermined zaw

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Unperson_47 posted:

I'm on a solid PC/connection and this happens maybe 10% of the time. Always been the case for as long as I've played Warframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Vargs posted:

I'm on a solid PC/connection and this happens maybe 10% of the time. Always been the case for as long as I've played Warframe.

It's about 80%-90% for me when I'm not the host. It makes sense since it's peer-to-peer. Host migrations are a bigger problem, though. I wish that could be handled more gracefully and not erase all my mission progress.