Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

El Burbo posted:

drat can't believe these racists
Yeah, the "calling Harris a cop is racist" thing does seem pretty tied to an implied mistrust of PoC making up their own minds about expanding the carceral state.

mormonpartyboat posted:

sorry in advance for this homophobia but
...is that just a lie, or does he have a coherent place to go to for that information? Actual question, I haven't trawled his website in depth. At first glance, his climate plan alone would appear to need some Paul Ryan level hand waving to be revenue neutral.

e:

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

His entire case is that he's so loving smart but that is the dumbest thing anyone has said this entire primary.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

hhhat posted:

someone should primary her stupid rear end

Somewhere a finger on a monkey's paw curls and now Feinstein holds both Senate seats from California.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Every time people gush over Pete I'm reminded of a big article on the Silk Road guy and how it was full of people who just fell under the spell of a sociopath.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only party that pretends to give a poo poo about the debt is the GOP when a Democratic President is in power.

I’m increasingly convinced that Pete meant to declare for the GOP Primary but nobody bothered to correct him

If Trump bombed in 2016 I could definitely see him running in the GOP primary in 2020 as their token lgbt candidate

Not sure if he would have gotten far there though since the GOP base would have been in open armed revolt at that point

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Somewhere a finger on a monkey's paw curls and now Feinstein holds both Senate seats from California.

that monkey paw would curl so the middle finger was the only one left up

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

eviltastic posted:

...is that just a lie, or does he have a coherent place to go to for that information? Actual question, I haven't trawled his website in depth. At first glance, his climate plan alone would appear to need some Paul Ryan level hand waving to be revenue neutral.

its a lie

he hasn't released any actual details about how he'd pay for anything, and the few things where he mentioned general principles make absolutely no loving sense

he said he'd pay for his $2 trillion knockoff green new deal with carbon fees, and his $1.5 trillion medicare for some plan by negotiating drug prices and rolling back the trump tax cuts

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

did he really say this? jesus. i was going to vote for him but now, gently caress it i'll vote for bernie sanders

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

mormonpartyboat posted:

he said he'd pay for his $2 trillion knockoff green new deal with carbon fees, and his $1.5 trillion medicare for some plan by negotiating drug prices and rolling back the trump tax cuts

lol what bullshit, the carbon tax is explicitly sold in the plan as going directly to a kickback to lower and middle income families so they don't feel the price increase of goods.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
Imagine proposing a carbon tax as a real solution to climate change in twenty loving nineteen. He’s such a ghoul.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I mean the Trump tax cuts were 2 trillion, so you could get 1.5 trillion by rolling them back.

Of course whether Medicare For Some Who Can Afford It would be any good or affordable if you only spent $1.5T on it is probably where the lie is

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

VitalSigns posted:

I mean the Trump tax cuts were 2 trillion, so you could get 1.5 trillion by rolling them back.

Of course whether Medicare For Some Who Can Afford It would be any good or affordable if you only spent $1.5T on it is probably where the lie is

Guaranteed that there'd be something in whatever Pete put forward that let insurance or pharma siphon off the extra cash, leaving us exactly where we're at but with a slight adjustment in which people are getting rich off of our suffering.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

Every time people gush over Pete I'm reminded of a big article on the Silk Road guy and how it was full of people who just fell under the spell of a sociopath.

Do not tease. What is the article?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Please never stop making these. I've been sharing them with friends for a good laugh.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I share each one with my grandma and tell her that they're direct quotes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

When did Mr Bean get so nihilistic

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I share each one with my grandma and tell her that they're direct quotes.

I'm actually curious now to see if they will go viral. It's like when you eat corn and wonder when you'll see it in the toilet.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'm actually curious now to see if they will go viral. It's like when you eat corn and wonder when you'll see it in the toilet.

I'd worry about things on Something Awful going viral if it were suddenly 2006 again, but alas

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

rate my poo candidate dot com

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/CillizzaCNN/status/1202674593737166848

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
I think the next president should be decided by a push up contest between two equally senile, old, rich, white guys.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

/Bernie wins the nomination
/Joe Biden drops dead from an exploded eyeball

Chris Cillizza's Power Rankings
1. Joe Biden
2. Pete Buttigieg
3. Amy Klobuchar
4. Michael Bloomberg
5. Bernie Sanders

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

addicted to being wrong.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Any comment on Kamala Harris calling herself the c-word, or are we just going to try to forget the accusation that anyone who agrees with Harris that she's a cop is a racist

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

God I can't wait for Bernie to win this whole loving thing, just to see this idiot continue to be wrong as hell.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

VitalSigns posted:

Any comment on Kamala Harris calling herself the c-word, or are we just going to try to forget the accusation that anyone who agrees with Harris that she's a cop is a racist

Well, it's like the difference between Obama being proud of his Kenyan/Muslim ancestry and the Republicans yelling that he's a Kenyan Muslim all the time to trigger racists.

Context.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

nearly killed em! posted:

His entire case is that he's so loving smart but that is the dumbest thing anyone has said this entire primary.

Please don't lord your not watching Joe Biden debate over the rest of us.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Well, it's like the difference between Obama being proud of his Kenyan/Muslim ancestry and the Republicans yelling that he's a Kenyan Muslim all the time to trigger racists.

Context.

Saying somebody worked in law enforcement when they promoted that themselves is not the same as saying a lie about someone.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're voting for Pete after this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7OQeOUavBM

You are loving scum.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I'm a loving oblivious dipshit desperate to have the veneer of correctness pasted over my desire that the status quo never change.

Context.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Pete's not going to roll back the entire Trump tax cuts, though. I had a hard time finding an actual quote laying out his position, but he only wants to roll back the corporate portion of Trump's tax cuts, which "only" amount to around $1T, so he needs money from other sources to make up the gap.
https://mobile.twitter.com/merica/status/1186819733674315777
https://mobile.twitter.com/therefore_I_M/status/1186823889286041601

Of course, that math doesn't take into account the fact that Pete is also promising a $400 billion tax cut on the middle class.

Gotta keep an eye on little details like that, since Buttigieg isn't the only one whose opposition of the Trump tax plan isn't actually living up to the hype. Biden released his tax plan today, and it doesn't even return the corporate tax rate to pre-Trump levels. Not that it's stopped from the media from praising him as a progressive superstar over it!
https://mobile.twitter.com/ankitjain992/status/1202689860861120514
https://mobile.twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/1202360109642502144

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Context.

I, too, equivocate between chosen professions and ancestry.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Put it on a Buttigeig meme why don't you!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

/Bernie wins the nomination
/Joe Biden drops dead from an exploded eyeball

Chris Cillizza's Power Rankings
1. Joe Biden
2. Pete Buttigieg
3. Amy Klobuchar
4. Michael Bloomberg
5. Bernie Sanders

Cillizza actually did have Bernie at #1 for a little while a few months back, and you wouldn't believe how quickly this thread's opinion of him changed during that time

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Cillizza actually did have Bernie at #1 for a little while a few months back, and you wouldn't believe how quickly this thread's opinion of him changed during that time

You're right, I dont believe it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Context.

Cop is a race/religion/ancestry now?

I thought it was a job. And if she isn't a cop, isn't she guilty of stolen valor?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Put it on a Buttigeig meme why don't you!

It'd be far more worthwhile than this imbecelic attempt to paint actually pointing out valid criticism of support and downplaying of the fascistic police state that is the USA as homophobia or racism in a "just asking questions" tier wet fart of stupidity.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

Pete's not going to roll back the entire Trump tax cuts, though. I had a hard time finding an actual quote laying out his position, but he only wants to roll back the corporate portion of Trump's tax cuts, which "only" amount to around $1T, so he needs money from other sources to make up the gap.

jesus christ he really is a Republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

King of Solomon posted:

God I can't wait for Bernie to win this whole loving thing, just to see this idiot continue to be wrong as hell.

swap 2 and 4 and it's a pretty good list

(i still think he should be shot into the sun)