Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn't this the guy who's like British Bill O'Reilly, but Ben Shapiro called him a leftist and got mocked hard?

Lol that this guy is calling out Boris

Kind of but also no?

Personally he's known for being quite conservative but credit where credits due rips into most politicians fairly equally since he joined the BBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Angepain posted:

are kirby's legs attached to his body. he's moving in the opposite direction but he's just a ball. are they moving across his body. answer me

*looks at VideoGames*

Well? Answer!!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

spiderbot posted:

Been feeling like crap for the past 6 weeks but I've taken the 12th off to help out. My nearest marginals are Enfield Southgate, Chipping Barnet and Chingford, which one should I go for? Southgate only went Labour for the first time at the last election, so its defensive rather than offensive, but it's also much lower profile than the other 2, so maybe they will be more in need? Chipping Barnet is apparently the most marginal constituency in London, but Chingford is IDS's seat, and I loving despise him.

Chingford, for the main reason that gently caress IDS and I want to see his downfall as much as I want anything else in the entire world. Plus We can make it a goon outing.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

strong Kirby energy on this one

this is really weak though, it's like someone said earlier - he's basically giving up and doing a "it's not our fault here's the interview I WOULD have given" dance because of all these accusations of bias. The BBC could easily limit the Tories' access so there are at least consequences for ducking out, but they won't so we get this pretend interview instead to give the illusion of holding him to account

but oh no he brought up all the things that people bring up all the time! how will johnson withstand this brutal takedown :cloud:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

I'm loving how Boris' ego will not let him back down on this as his struggling wedges him deeper and deeper face down in the toilet, but Andrew Neil's ego will not let him back down either. For once the oval office is doing something worthwhile with his platform.

The wasp has landed on the nettle :munch:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

baka kaba posted:

this is really weak though, it's like someone said earlier - he's basically giving up and doing a "it's not our fault here's the interview I WOULD have given" dance because of all these accusations of bias. The BBC could easily limit the Tories' access so there are at least consequences for ducking out, but they won't so we get this pretend interview instead to give the illusion of holding him to account

but oh no he brought up all the things that people bring up all the time! how will johnson withstand this brutal takedown :cloud:

i mean yeah the bbc have conducted themselves appallingly but like, honest question, what are they supposed to do now? they can't force him to do anything, this is about as hard as they can go in, and nobody would bother watching 30 minutes of neil talking to an empty chair who didn't already hate johnson.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Azza Bamboo posted:

A Lib Dem I know has told me that legalising weed has been put on their platform to some degree and I wonder if the thread could confirm?

I just think this could be an easy bone for the Tories to throw the LDs in any possible coalition agreement, so there's a slim chance of getting turbofucked but being off my tits stoned while I sink into capitalist hell.

without looking im assuming their policy is more like

Set up an independent citizens advisory council to investigate the best way to determine an appropriate drug classification for cannabis to be recommended and applied where possible on a region by region basis according to evidence based best practices.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

baka kaba posted:

This is the best we're going to get out of Andrew Neil, and it's a further nail in Boris' coffin. There are still people out there who trust the BBC and Andrew Neil sufficiently to take this seriously. It is humiliating for Boris, and Neil knows it. This is revenge for him for Boris taking the piss, and he's even trying not to smile during the recording. It's a powerful summation of a lot of Boris' major embarrassing issues, and it's intended to do damage.

It will :getin:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
A good thread

https://twitter.com/babymaps_/status/1202710340670242816

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jeremy stares at the camera and repeats the ISO country code for Palestine, the acronym for the Proto-Semitic language, and the symbol for pferdestärke, a unit of measurement invented by a notorious antisemite. How long are we going to let him get away with this?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Right gentlegoons, I present to you the fruits of my worker collective's labour for the past few weeks. We teamed up with Scottish punk legends Toxik Ephex to record a cover of TV Smith's classic hit "Gary Gilmore's Eyes", called "Referendum Lies" with lyrics reworked for our current times. Artwork and a video are in the works, we're hoping to get it on youtube and spotify and blast it everywhere to encourage people to vote.

Give it a listen if you could, and let me know what you think! And if you like it, share share share.

https://blackcatrecordsaberdeen.bandcamp.com/track/referendum-lies

Lyrics are on the bandcamp page, but also here:

quote:

I’m toiling in a sweatshop,
A prisoner of production,
A slave to universal credit,
My mind can barely function.
They scrapped our health & safety,
I'm sick from all the fumes,
Now we downsized to a smaller flat,
We're 5 to a bedroom.

I’m seeing through Boris Johnson’s lies,

This isn’t what they promised us,
Ain’t taking back control,
No millions for the NHS,
Just dug a deeper hole.
I was duped by all the tabloids
Blaming cuts on immigration,
Said the Tories had our backs,
and they would build a stronger nation.

I’m seeing through tabloid media lies,

I cast my vote in anger,
Thought “to hell with the EU”,
Hoping for a brighter future,
But now none of that’s come true.
Should have never trusted Farage,
He went to public school,
Bankers don’t care for the working class,
He’s yet another lying tool.

I’m seeing through Nigel Farage’s lies,

Seeing through referendum lies.
Seeing through neoliberal lies.
The way they lied about austerity,
It’s a self-serving twisted ideology.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
The snp harbour open transphobes in their midst

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1202648833575940096

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I hope you recover from the brainspiders and vote labour next week coolie

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

https://twitter.com/Iibdem/status/1202712386152603648?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

He can't vote, not a citizen. Hopefully we can fix that.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh he was like this before the brainspiders.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
jfc watching newsnight in what should be safe labour areas and all of the olds interviewed are Voting Boris Even Though I've Always Voted Labour. This election is going to need a massive youth turnout to counteract the leaded petrol brains

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's a suspicious number of people who've Always Voted Labour who I suspect forgot what they did in 2017.

"I've always voted labour but I won't vote for Jeremy Corbyn" in 2019 is an inherently contradictory statement.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

There's a suspicious number of people who've Always Voted Labour who I suspect forgot what they did in 2017.

If it encourages young people to vote properly I'm happy to tell a white lie :smug:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Doccykins posted:

jfc watching newsnight in what should be safe labour areas and all of the olds interviewed are Voting Boris Even Though I've Always Voted Labour. This election is going to need a massive youth turnout to counteract the leaded petrol brains

If everyone who says "I've always voted Labour" was truthful so then Labour would never have lost the 2010 or 2015 elections.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

OwlFancier posted:

I remember every vote I ever cast.

loving Cleggmania, never going to make that mistake again.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

MrFlibble posted:

As long as you show genuine contrition and repent, you will be forgiven

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah I know the Andrew Neil thing is saving face and it's about all they can do now, and it's better than nothing - it's just all the comments like "wow so powerful" like they didn't allow him to wriggle out of the jam easily and go on Marr anyway. People don't want to hear those questions for the millionth time, they want to see them actually put to Boris Johnson by someone who'll make an attempt at nailing him down

the real power move would be to have Jez back on to answer the questions on Johnson's behalf if he won't do it himself

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Ash Crimson posted:

As long as you show genuine contrition and repent, you will be forgiven

They did deliver a referendum on a new voting system!

Shame about... literally everything else. Also the referendum itself.

Honestly impressed at the stupidity of voting for student fee increases though. That's some loving Avant Garde politics right there.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Everyone who has always voted labour but not this time are trying to influence other people.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
That's a... weird response to a song that doesn't mention the snp at all?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

OwlFancier posted:

"I've always voted labour but I won't vote for Jeremy Corbyn" in 2019 is an inherently contradictory statement.

I know a lot of people who "always voted for labour until Corbyn" but are only old enough to have ever voted for the Blair regime. I feel like the blairites are trying to play seniority in what is actually a democratic process.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

That's a... weird response to a song that doesn't mention the snp at all?

Do you disagree

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Let's not start a Labour vs SNP TERF war.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Ash Crimson posted:

Do you disagree

gently caress off you weirdo

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I defend my 2010 vote with New Labour were loving poo poo and my constituency at the time was a choice between lib dems or John loving Redwood.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mega Comrade posted:

I defend my 2010 vote with New Labour were loving poo poo and my constituency at the time was a choice between lib dems or John loving Redwood.

I only voted Lib Dem in 2005 when they were the only major anti-war party and honestly could've been to the left of New Labour in general. New Labour were such loving trash.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MrFlibble posted:

I don't think a single vote I've cast has ever mattered. Maybe the referendum ones but lol.

loving safe seats.

e:

forkboy84 posted:

New Labour were such loving trash.
:hai:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Coohoolin posted:

gently caress off you weirdo

Joanna cherry views transpeople as weirdos and perverts.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ash Crimson posted:

The snp harbour open transphobes in their midst

look i'm not voting snp this time round but you do realise the labour party does not exactly have a flawless record on this either

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

baka kaba posted:

the real power move would be to have Jez back on to answer the questions on Johnson's behalf if he won't do it himself

this would cause hilarious amounts of gammon rage but so will sadly never, ever happen

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Angepain posted:

look i'm not voting snp this time round but you do realise the labour party does not exactly have a flawless record on this either

Okay but I've given the snp the benefit of the doubt and they jettisoned the transcommunity as soon as it became politically expedient to do so.

I can't vote for tories or lib dem, my only option is labour

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

You've gawt to understaaand the histoory...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tories: Disabled people don't understand money.
Also Tories: The National Credit Card.