Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Meanwhile, the West Virginia DoC is doing great.

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1202694213827211264?s=20

here, have the best dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

here, have the best dog

OK that dog is both adorable and looks largely unimpressed with this world.

I kind of have to agree with him. Also I have a similar resting annoyed guy face.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
turns out no one wants to hire a convicted murderer

https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1202703194679169024

he deleted his tweet like a little bitch

edit: LMAO

https://twitter.com/LoranceClint/status/1202592817106825216

oxsnard fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 5, 2019

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I know that everything Republicans do and say is in bad faith, but if people are working they shouldn’t need assistance at all because they should be getting paid enough money to live.

This is an insane catch-22 where if you need assistance you’re disqualified, because you need to not need it in order to qualify.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Stereotype posted:

I know that everything Republicans do and say is in bad faith, but if people are working they shouldn’t need assistance at all because they should be getting paid enough money to live.

This is an insane catch-22 where if you need assistance you’re disqualified, because you need to not need it in order to qualify.
For a Republican, if public assistance serves any purpose at all it is to subsidize companies for paying such a low wage that their employees would die if not for the assistance.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

oxsnard posted:

I just wanted to let the goons who leapt to twitter to shame this piece of poo poo know that I appreciate you.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

oxsnard posted:

Actual War Criminal Scum

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

What;s funny is the guy most vocal in the replies about him being a murderer is a MAGA shithead vet.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

him going on hannity to say he can't get a job is part of the grift, he's going to make plenty of free money off that article, i guarantee there's gofundmes or whatever

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Like that dude should be thanking whatever Dark God he prays to every day he was pardoned, but no, this entitled, degenerate, war criminal shithead thinks hes owed a job now for his "ordeal"

gently caress the hell off :fuckoff:

He and that other Navy Seal loving lunatic should be reminded every loving day what loving scum they truly are by every decent human being, until they crawl under a rock in a swamp to die

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Lol all that dude's bitching and whining and the reason he was rejected was because he was not qualified.

Really hosed up seeing a convicted murderer pretending to be the victim in all of this.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

Really hosed up seeing a convicted murderer pretending to be the victim in all of this.

american_diplomacy_for_the_last_fifty_years_minimum.txt

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1202738583943036928?s=21

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Nancy Pelosi just wrote Donald Trump's name in the history books
cnn.com/December 5, 2019
"Don't miss what happened in Washington on Thursday morning: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi virtually guaranteed that President Donald Trump will be only the third president in American history to be impeached by the House."

Republicans win in effort to limit 'liberal' student vote in key 2020 races
theguardian.com/5 Dec 2019
'‘They are kids voting liberal,’ a New Hampshire Republican said in 2011 as legal battle over student voting in the state continues'

Will Poor Whites Still Support Trump If Food Stamps Are Cut?
newsone.com/December 2, 2019
"One of Trump‘s most loyal voting blocs are non-college-educated whites and blue collar whites, many who live in poverty and require public assistance. With whites being the largest group to receive social services, like food stamps, will this change now that the Trump administration has a drastic plan to slash food stamps?"

You foolish evangelicals, Trump has bewitched you
christianpost.com/December 04, 2019
'Fool.

It’s not a word to throw around carelessly. Some Christians erroneously believe the Bible forbids the use of this word toward others and that we risk eternal damnation for addressing people this way. What the Bible actually teaches is to never call someone “racca,” which means “empty one” or “worthless.” The Bible also teaches that it is always wrong to call someone a fool if you are doing it out of sinful, unrighteous anger.'

The Traitors Among Us
rollingstone.com/December 4, 2019
"Donald Trump likes to call his opponents traitors — but if he’s looking for treasonous behavior, he should look within his own party"
"Which is a shame, because America is in the midst of a treason boom right now, and more than a few people in Trump’s immediate orbit — and Trump himself — richly and actually deserve the title of traitor, and the treason inherent in their acts and words is apparent."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Can't wait to see how aggressive ICE is with this gang of criminal illegal smugglers.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I will say I enjoy* that an active fash paramilitary is Literally Named Al Qaeda

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Anyone here buy one of these hoodies and know the quality? Trying to decide if I want this or a shirt for Christmas.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

MadJackal posted:

Anyone here buy one of these hoodies and know the quality? Trying to decide if I want this or a shirt for Christmas.

There is a primary chat thread, of course. If you like a candidate, send them money directly. If you like sweatshirt company, send them money. I guess.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Apropos of no one in particular, the continued trope of "no chuds can be convinced of anything ever" is absent data thus far.

And if we can not convince at least one chud through whatever means possible (punching may work too), then all is lost, and we are in the era of "nothing matters" for a long, long time.

Penguin tax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTU_hJoByA

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Here's a question. When Trump is out of office, how will the GOP treat him in the days after? Will Twitter ban him? Will he just migrate over to Fox?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Otteration posted:

Apropos of no one in particular, the continued trope of "no chuds can be convinced of anything ever" is absent data thus far.
I think what is true is that:
1) You have to acknowledge bad faith arguments and that chuds aren't just conservatism robots who you can make blow up with logic tricks like you're a progressive Captain Kirk
2) On a similar note the Jon Oliver fantasy of homeworking them into defeat also doesn't work
3) Actual change requires folks to realize that people are rarely going to change their stances in a single conversation, but that doesn't mean that challenging them has no impact.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gregpmiller/status/1202770903370805248?s=21

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think what is true is that:
1) You have to acknowledge bad faith arguments and that chuds aren't just conservatism robots who you can make blow up with logic tricks like you're a progressive Captain Kirk
2) On a similar note the Jon Oliver fantasy of homeworking them into defeat also doesn't work
3) Actual change requires folks to realize that people are rarely going to change their stances in a single conversation, but that doesn't mean that challenging them has no impact.

42) Maybe keep trying anyway. Feel free to point out how trump and his nearby friends have hosed up you and them and yours.
43) Or give up trying.

Edit: We've all had the opportunity to work with friends and coworkers who complain. Constantly. Like, all of the time.They're coworkers and friends and we're not the boss of them, so we can't much fire or report them. Still have to keep working with them. Maybe keep trying anyway. Or give up trying.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 6, 2019

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Here's a question. When Trump is out of office, how will the GOP treat him in the days after? Will Twitter ban him? Will he just migrate over to Fox?

Democracy is nothing but extremely ritualized political violence. It is revolution without the blood. You can consider each vote as a side to pick and whoever has the bigger side (in theory) wins the revolution. The leader is ritualistically deposed and instead of them getting murdered, they get to retire and live a pretty kick-rear end life. The problem with this process is that when you strip the civilizing rituals away, it's still a revolution, but the rituals allowed us to have a peaceful revolution instead of a violent revolution.

If he loses, Trump will do everything he can to keep from leaving office because he will be prosecuted. He's too hated not to be and pardoning will not protect him from state crimes like how Ford pardoned Nixon.

He will call the elections rigged and will do his best to stay in power at the expense of literally everyone else around him. He knows that if he leaves office, this will leave him exposed. In his wild flailing, this will cause a rash of lone wolf terror attacks on racial minorities, trans people, colleges and universities and places of worship. So like now, but a lot worse. Think several times a day. Depending on who wins and how apocalyptic it feels for the right, the more people will die.

Trump will do everything he can to stay in power and he is going to hurt a shitload of people when he leaves office. But he will actually leave office because he won't have surrounded himself with people who will help him keep it. The talent has fled long ago and he inspires no loyalty in who is left. Further, his brain is failing and he won't be able to hang onto power. Depending on how much he loses by, this will probably determine how many people actually die. In a close election, he can make a case for it being rigged, though he'll make a case for it anyway. So I'd personally like about ten million votes as a good cushion, but I'll take whatever.

Most of the damage he'll do will be in the lame duck session and his behavior to save himself will infuriate a shitload of people. He'll excite his base with some really rabid, really horrible poo poo which will toast his legitimacy and he'll get very little backing from the political class because he'll soon be a nobody and they almost all hate him anyway and most of them are craven. He'll float angry tweets from his toilet that everything is rigged and everyone is against him and make very simple and easy to identify insinuations that the people attempting to get rid of him are THE ENEMY!!! and need to be killed with only the thinnest of fig leafs keeping him from being prosecuted and possibly not even that.

You'll see marches basically everywhere wanting to drag his rear end out of office and I'm pretty sure that you're going to see terrorist attacks on these marchers.

If there is anything positive about this event and the events that follow, it's that it will create enough will and activism to push the centrist block into letting some right wing blood, because they themselves will be under threat. And worse, their comfort will be under threat. However, for the political and monied class, I think that the lame duck session will be absolutely terrifying. If Trump tries to hold onto power, and I'm almost sure that he will, the popular protests that follow could very well morph into something else as they find solidarity in hating Donald J. Trump. The violence done against them not by the government, but by the chuds will harden their resolve and it could threaten political and economic stability.

Expect a few years of lone wolf style stochastic terrorist attacks as the right wing gets increasingly dire, but any threat that they pose will be somewhat negligible because the average age of the right wing is old as dirt. They can summon up some right wing militias, but most of them are still pretty old and they'll get absolutely stomped if they overreach.

Also, if we have an economic downturn before the election, Trump will lose by a landslide and the next person in charge will be able to remake the country. This will cause even more violence because this basically spells the end of the reupublican party's ability to win at the presidential level, but they'll still be powerful enough and well armed enough to do a lot of loving damage. Cultures don't just quietly die. If some shitlib gets put in charge they will once again attempt to neoliberalism back on life support like Obama did. If you get Bernie in charge, then with a disorganized right wing, this will put not only white supremacy on the chopping block as official state policy, but also neo-liberal dogma, and you'll see a lot of so called centrists break bread with fascists to keep from paying a single cent in taxes, as it has ever been when capital has ever been credibly been threatened.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

It's 2019 and my sense of what is or isn't ironic is totally broken, but "Al Qaeda" literally translates to "the Base."

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

deoju posted:

It's 2019 and my sense of what is or isn't ironic is totally broken, but "Al Qaeda" literally translates to "the Base."
I'm pretty sure that's the entire point but I imagine it's lost on a lot of people.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Trump is not going to go quietly, and if he inspires a bombing or a white power group massacre, he'll get turned on in a jiffy

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

deoju posted:

Yep. "The base". Ha ha. Either they're not real bright or they're super ironically superiorly brighter over the rest of us in their choice of memey bs. Your choice.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I will say I enjoy* that an active fash paramilitary is Literally Named Al Qaeda

yeah, these fuckers go way beyond facist. these guys philosphy is basicaly nazi bullshit mixed with "i laugh at live leak/gore videos and since i am a empty monster everyone else must be so hur dur light the world on fire" types.

Otteration posted:

Yep. "The base". Ha ha. Either they're not real bright or they're super ironically superiorly brighter over the rest of us in their choice of memey bs. Your choice.

its the latter.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

oxsnard posted:

Trump is not going to go quietly, and if he inspires a bombing or a white power group massacre, he'll get turned on in a jiffy

"Trump is not going to go quietly."

Gonna need some evidence, and maybe some reasons about why we would let that happen.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oxsnard posted:

He did

Several

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

"Trump is not going to go quietly."

Gonna need some evidence, and maybe some reasons about why we would let that happen.

he won't go quietly in the sense that he will probably try to fight the election til the last min, than he will quietly leave and not show up for the passing of the tourch and such. than he will cry victim while the wolves circle his house.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, these fuckers go way beyond facist. these guys philosphy is basicaly nazi bullshit mixed with "i laugh at live leak/gore videos and since i am a empty monster everyone else must be so hur dur light the world on fire" types.

its the latter.

I too look to lose this fight to memey bs. Yay.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Fallom posted:

He did

Several

touche. I mean an OKC or if those Cliven Bundy freaks decide to actually open fire

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

I too look to lose this fight to memey bs. Yay.

lol. they are in the atomwaffen/bowl patrol type grouping of alt right fuckheads.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he won't go quietly in the sense that he will probably try to fight the election til the last min, than he will quietly leave and not show up for the passing of the tourch and such. than he will cry victim while the wolves circle his house.

Should we be afraid then?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Otteration posted:

We joke a lot, but I'm legitimately afraid for the day Trump resigns, gets removed by the senate or loses. I think there will be lots of violence

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

oxsnard posted:

We joke a lot, but I'm legitimately afraid for the day Trump resigns, gets removed by the senate or loses. I think there will be lots of violence

I was on the "lol fantasy" train, but the dude really does seem to be losing it. Obviously, my data here comes directly from my rear end.

It feels like there's a coin flip on whether he leaves office willfully or stays. Either way, he'll screaming at the top of his lungs about rigged elections and stirring up dissent against the election outcome. That much is certain.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

idk. Id say be wary but i dont think we are gonna see daily bombings and super organzied attacks like some think. i feel like the walmart attack as well as the others this year scared the FBI into some action and i assume a bunch of these guys got pinched or flipped now. do i think we could have some more walmart type horrors with online radicalized idiots? sadly probably, do i think we are gonna see a bunch of chuds in rorscach masks and black tactical suits launch simultaneous strikes for their fat king. No.

with trump leaving? gently caress if i know. he doesn't have the powers to keep himself in office because he pissed off alot of the factors that matter in that kinda bullshit. the people who matter in goverment will abandon him and the GOP will probably withdraw from him too.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

oxsnard posted:

Yeah, it's not at all funny though.. But we've endured worse. Mostly because we fought for it. gently caress the poo poo smear sideways and fight and endure more. Or give up and roll over. Choose.