Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The White Dragon posted:

idk just play last story or something.

It's on the list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RBA Starblade posted:

I want a "strand" game where you can spitefully stunt efforts at coordination and construction

That's any survival game with multiplayer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samuringa posted:

That's any survival game with multiplayer

Always "impressed" at how enslavement roleplay always emerges in those games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't kink shame please!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rarity posted:

It's on the list!

i mean, fair warning it's nowhere near as good story wise but the gameplay is pretty fun. just make sure to gain some levels, it has old school jrpg stat progression so you get the bulk of your stats above 50, punishing underleveled play.

but it has exp upscaling + minimum payout floor so it's the best of both worlds

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It is truly terrifying how many people demand for slave gameplay in star citizen, etc.

:yikes:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thanks for reminding me of that Star Citizen post I wish I had never read

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I read To Your Scattered Bodies Go right around when DayZ hit it big, and thought the descriptions of emergent slavery sounded like what an "open enough" MMO could be like, nay, would be like.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
We’re saved

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Not sure I want to side with CumPillowGamer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The beginning of John Wick 3 disproves that post, I believe

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Has there ever been any word of the 3DS Zelda OOT getting a switch release? I'd love to replay it now that I'm not 12, especially since finishing BotW this past summer has made me re-appreciate how awesome that franchise is.

At least I can still go back and play A Link to the Past on the SNES online app!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think its reasonably likely that the Switch will never have a way to play OoT on it. Maybe they'll update online to include N64 but even then it'll be the original instead of 3DS and you might as well emulate

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d like to express annoyance at a relatively common video game trope, the “No One Has Ever Escaped From This Prison, (Protagonist Escapes Easily)” and it’s variants

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Riddick is really good at what he does, though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“This Holy Relic Has Been Locked Away Behind an Unbreachable Gauntlet For Millenia, (The Relic Is Gated By a Towers of Hanoi Puzzle)”, etc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Chronicles of Riddick video game makes an entire storyline out of escaping from a prison, and it's not at all easy. But that is the only exception to the rule.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Would this work in real life

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

The Chronicles of Riddick video game makes an entire storyline out of escaping from a prison, and it's not at all easy. But that is the only exception to the rule.

Three prisons, really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I think its reasonably likely that the Switch will never have a way to play OoT on it. Maybe they'll update online to include N64 but even then it'll be the original instead of 3DS and you might as well emulate

Is N64 emulation any good these days

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The fact that we can’t buy GameCube games (or n64 games) on the switch still makes me mad.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Help Im Alive posted:

If Johnny was your prison guard then probably

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

Is N64 emulation any good these days

It's been good for at least 15 years. I recommend retroarch as your emulator because it allows you to use R2+face buttons for C buttons in addition to the right stick.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

no, the psychic commander would catch you

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
did anyone post this cute rear end kirby tweet

https://twitter.com/fl0wergun/status/1198321900650414082

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I never played Mask of the Betrayer, but I've got an NWN2 itch. Apparently it's the only old cRPG Beamdog hasn't managed to do a re-release of yet. All I've found online in terms of news is an april fools that I fell for -- for most of the day until just now and finding out it's a prank. Is there any reason to expect another Steam or an EE release anytime soon, or is it caught up in legal lala land and probably not now that papa gates owns everyone

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I never played Mask of the Betrayer, but I've got an NWN2 itch. Apparently it's the only old cRPG Beamdog hasn't managed to do a re-release of yet. All I've found online in terms of news is an april fools that I fell for -- for most of the day until just now and finding out it's a prank. Is there any reason to expect another Steam or an EE release anytime soon, or is it caught up in legal lala land and probably not now that papa gates owns everyone

https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_2_complete this has it.

Neverwinter Nights 2 use to be on Steam, but not anymore. I actually have the game there. :hellyeah:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

It's on the list!

I'm so glad you finally escaped wow

True Blue Triumph
Apr 10, 2009

Yakuza 0 actually got some salty face water out of me.

Tachibana-san...

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

where is kirby's butthole

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kirby has only one orifice, like a starfish

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

drat, don't remind me, I've never beat the Riddick game and everytime I'm reminded about it I feel like playing it again

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Hwurmp posted:

Kirby has only one orifice, like a starfish

Those stars that he spits out are his excrement. He launches it at enemies as a defense mechanism.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked the prison escapes in skies of arcadia. I felt like they did a fairly good job of driving home that this is normally an extremely and essentially impossible task and you just managed to luck out for one reason or another.

What is the opinion on breaking into a prison though? I liked breaking into alcatraz to free al capone in shadow hearts 3 so that I could get his help with dealing with the irish mafia but I'm wondering what other games have good prison breakins.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked the prison escapes in skies of arcadia. I felt like they did a fairly good job of driving home that this is normally an extremely and essentially impossible task and you just managed to luck out for one reason or another.

What is the opinion on breaking into a prison though? I liked breaking into alcatraz to free al capone in shadow hearts 3 so that I could get his help with dealing with the irish mafia but I'm wondering what other games have good prison breakins.

Ground Zeroes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

11 chat threads scraped and fully analyzed, its time for the 2019 horniest gamer contest check in!! its not too late to get your numbers up, and also these numbers might change if i gently caress with the formulas again!! anything is possible

all posters graph: i don't know what happened in late july but it was an incredibly horny period even accounting for horny zodiac adjustment, and concentrated in only a few posts. very impressive

and here is the current leader, with an EHA (earned horny average) of 0.69. not naming names though, all contestants will remain anonymous until they consent

only 20 posting days remain until the final results are tallied, good luck everyone

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So what are the criteria? Can I just post the word "horny"? Is this machine learning? Is the algorithm itself horny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Please post my horny stats. Need to know my baseline for next year.

I'm cumming for #1.