Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
FREEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMM

See everyone, violent threats work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CubeTheory posted:

FREEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMM

See everyone, violent threats work.

Wait, so I should be talking to this guy? I thought he gave you one Pokéball per gym and that's it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ROFL Octopus posted:

Arctovish is missing Strong Jaw too

Oh poo poo I didn’t realize Strong Jaw boosted Fishious Rend. I need to make another Dracovish with that

Nanigans posted:

Wait, so I should be talking to this guy? I thought he gave you one Pokéball per gym and that's it?

He gives you something every time you do the Champion’s cup. Also postgame go talk to him outside Motostoke’s gym.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

RatHat posted:

Oh poo poo I didn’t realize Strong Jaw boosted Fishious Rend. I need to make another Dracovish with that

He gives you something every time you do the Champion’s cup. Also postgame go talk to him outside Motostoke’s gym.

Oh, okay. I have't even caught Zacian yet. I should get on that, but the Wild Area is too much fun. :sweatdrop:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Could you not just buy a flame orb?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nope! Can’t buy Toxic orb either.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

it's the principle

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RatHat posted:

Nope! Can’t buy Toxic orb either.
oh dang

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

Please don't trash talk Togepi. It may not always attack, but it seems to never die and heals really well. Instead, replace the Togepi with Salazzle, an actual piece of trash who dies to the wind blowing too hard.

What the gently caress is even the point of Wobuffet. Like, it's one thing when the other Pokemon just aren't effective with their typing or attack, but Wobuffet is the worst one because all he does is use counter. And he never ever ever actually counters anything. I can at least respect Clefairy trying to take all the aggro from me instead of attacking. Wobuffet is doing NOTHING

I hate that loving Wobuffet.

The npc raid trainers exist only to make me suffer.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I've done raids all evening thinking to grab the G-Lax but I've only seen two and they've both escaped. Doesn't seem worth it to chase these, even the ones that are meant to be generally available.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Well, what else is the Master Ball for?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Stagger_Lee posted:

I've done raids all evening thinking to grab the G-Lax but I've only seen two and they've both escaped. Doesn't seem worth it to chase these, even the ones that are meant to be generally available.

I have a spare G-Max Snorlax I can trade you if you're interested. I'd prefer a Dracovich, Aromatisse, or Goomy if you've got it but I'll take whatever

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 6, 2019

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm saving my master ball for when I run into a shiny mon with a recoil move

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I guess the real important question is, what should I use my masterball on? Thinking a Caterpie, so I can breed it and share the joy of 4+iv masterball caterpies

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I guess the real important question is, what should I use my masterball on? Thinking a Caterpie, so I can breed it and share the joy of 4+iv masterball caterpies

Master ball passes down as a pokeball; you won't get babies in master balls.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I've saving mine in case I get a shiny raid boss.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dienes posted:

Master ball passes down as a pokeball; you won't get babies in master balls.

this is loving bullshit, I'm done wit ht this franchise now

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i wish i knew the poke balls that the ball guy gives were stuff you couldnt normally buy at shops, i woulda totally used a moon ball on zacian instead of the timer ball i used

caught eternatus with a dream ball tho which is neat

dont remember what i used the other special balls on, probably something dumb

e: oh yea i caught a g-max 5* snorlax with a regular poke ball and another with a premier so i thought hey ill use my only heavy ball on the next one, obv it broke out >:(

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Framboise posted:

Well, what else is the Master Ball for?

trading, because only cowards use it.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

this is loving bullshit, I'm done wit ht this franchise now

same :(

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Got surprise traded a Larvitar in the beast ball which was pretty cool.

I have a G Max Snorlax raid in my wild area, but I can’t beat him. What a pain in the rear end.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well my Eevee breeding project surprisingly netted me a shiny modest Eevee with 5 IVs. Not too bad. I guess I get a purple Vaporeon. :unsmith: Still long way til I'm done but made it all worth it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Did this new Snorlax event screw up the spawn locations for raid battles? I finally got around to going giant ditto hunting, but now they're now showing up in what I thought was the ditto hole, and a bunch of not normal pokemon are showing up in there.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Wait you can't buy those special balls like after the game? Wish I had known that. What benefits do they give to the things they catch?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Did this new Snorlax event screw up the spawn locations for raid battles? I finally got around to going giant ditto hunting, but now they're now showing up in what I thought was the ditto hole, and a bunch of not normal pokemon are showing up in there.

They can replace other encounters yes, but no other spawns have changed. What pokemon are you seeing in the Ditto hole that aren't supposed to be there?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RatHat posted:

They can replace other encounters yes, but no other spawns have changed. What pokemon are you seeing in the Ditto hole that aren't supposed to be there?

I thought that hole only generated normal type pokemon, and I only saw normals when I was there a few days ago feeding wishing stones into it. But now I've seen several gigantimax Centiscorches, some kinda moth, and a few Corviknights there, along with all the Snorlaxes.

e: This is the den you get to by walking away from the nursery and turning right.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Big McHuge posted:

Wait you can't buy those special balls like after the game? Wish I had known that. What benefits do they give to the things they catch?

They look a little different.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mystic Mongol posted:

I thought that hole only generated normal type pokemon, and I only saw normals when I was there a few days ago feeding wishing stones into it. But now I've seen several gigantimax Centiscorches, some kinda moth, and a few Corviknights there, along with all the Snorlaxes.

e: This is the den you get to by walking away from the nursery and turning right.

Those are all event mons so they can show up anywhere.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

RatHat posted:

Those are all event mons so they can show up anywhere.

So I'm just having a run of weird luck? Gotcha.

Thanks!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What’s the best way to grind quickly? Defeat a bunch of Pokémon roughly your level? Find and fight big and higher level Pokémon? Crush a bunch of weaker mons?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Do raids, eat candy, repeat

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I was really enjoying this game up until about the 5th badge. Woah boy it's kind of startling how little effort was put into exploration or the world. Every time I pick up a TM or elemental stone, I get flashbacks to Gold/Silver, where at least they wrote a two line NPC that gave them to you. Or put some effort into making them jive with the environment you found them in.

Just got surf and am floored that every area you unlock with it is just empty space with a big mon and a TM rinse and repeat. No new floors, quirky characters, or interesting trainer battles. Might be the worst in terms of satisfying meandering.

The safari zone is keeping me playing, but woof, hope that now that most of the 3d models are done they actually start putting more resources back into those things. It makes the whole thing feel so lifeless, and that's a shame given how wonderful the catching / gameplay mechanics are.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Been a productive night. Caught a 5-star Gardevoir, another longtime favorite. Harassed the Skill Digger dude until he gave me the harder to find fossils, then went and made each of the abominations and kept making Dracovishes until I got an Adamant Strong Jaw one. I'll raise it later. I also caught a 5-star Gigantamax Snorlax, so that's another one down. I'm getting frustrated trying to get a Max Raid Mimikyu to show up though. :smith:

All I have on my map right now to do are loving Centiskorches and I'm honestly really tired of fighting them, so I'll leave that for tomorrow.

also I forgot to post this

https://twitter.com/frimframboise/status/1202274610168786944

thanks for the fat nug ball guy

Framboise fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 6, 2019

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think #1 on my wishlist is the ability to leave raids now. I'm trying to get candy to level up this Togekiss and no one's joining my raids and the NPCs are consistently sabotaging it. Why yes, two water pokémon and a ground pokémon is a great idea to bring to a grass fight.

The raids themselves have been infuriating too, like this Vileplume that just heals to full every turn with strength sap, giga drain and grassy terrain :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I still can't believe Ball Guy's theme didn't make it into the actual game. It's a genuinely catchy tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LepGlDFhcKM

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I've caught I think 3 of the 5-star gmax Snorlaxes. I seem to just have had really good luck with those, I haven't had any that have broken out.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hammerite posted:

I've caught I think 3 of the 5-star gmax Snorlaxes. I seem to just have had really good luck with those, I haven't had any that have broken out.

you must be getting all the luck because I just had my fifth one break out immediately :negative:

I'm at the point where I'm considering using my master ball just to get one

e: make that six

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 6, 2019

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Holy crap, caught a 6iv g-snorlax. Guess I’m gonna have to train hum up cause drat son.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Holy crap, caught a 6iv g-snorlax. Guess I’m gonna have to train hum up cause drat son.

Does it have the Hidden Ability tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Local guy on Facebook is selling a totally not hacked 6IV SHINY Japanese Ditto with a free gift.... $10