Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
there should be a grazing area right outside the entrance. if you press [i] you can see it and assign grazers to it. dunno if it's big enough now, since available grass is kept track of

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i set up a pasture outside, think that should solve the starving yak situation.
but, bad news, our chief medical dwarf is depressed.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm starting to think that maybe we should make a goblet, cup or mug

Heather Papps

hello friend

Luvcow posted:

maybe just one, they can share it!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
at some point we''ll produce an artifact goblet, and then everybody can drink from that and appreciate it for it's spikes of leather

Goons Are Gifts

Nosfereefer posted:

why is this thread not stickied???

i did not pay 10bux for this, plz fix tia

It's because I have a detailed and complex formula (b=u^t*t<=>s) what to sticky when for what duration and this thread (t) already had its fill to promote more players, but I can give it another run once you told me another new fun thread title if you guys did something funny that should be reflected there.

As you may know, I take the butt situation very seriously, so I hope you acknowledge that in this game.

Heather Papps

hello friend

uh oh

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh yeah i made the rest of the list dwarves but forgot to do a post

FutonForensic

looks like the trapper is now the..... trappered

Nosfereefer

possessions are the worst. you dont even get legendary skills form it 0/5 would not strange mood again

FreshCutFries

Luvcow posted:

i don't follow

selan dyin

i would very much like to be dorfed please

Heather Papps

hello friend

Anemone Thief posted:

i would very much like to be dorfed please

ALSO

FreshCutFries

Practicedanvil

Heather Papps

hello friend

dorf'd

Heather Papps

hello friend

ALSO

Heather Papps

hello friend

the bar needs a name.

Heather Papps

hello friend

coming along nicely

Heather Papps

hello friend

something is happening?

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay well hmmm alright

Heather Papps

hello friend

i think this means the year is over and i don't know what to do with the traders what do i do?

Hihohe

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Heather Papps posted:

i think this means the year is over and i don't know what to do with the traders what do i do?

The year is over when you see "Spring has arrived!"at the bottom. The traders bum around at the trade depot for awhile.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Hihohe posted:

The year is over when you see "Spring has arrived!"at the bottom. The traders bum around at the trade depot for awhile.

phew

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
you can safely ignore the trade interface. or if there's something you really want the traders to bring next time, you can raise the associated slider; they'll bring more of that thing on their next visit but it'll cost extra to buy off them. if you really want to make the byob dorfs (byorfs) happy you could order a bunch of like platinum goblets and gemstone mugs and poo poo. alternatively you could request a hundred barrels of like giant fly ichor or something idk

make sure to go to the trade depot and set it so that a trader is requested. also go into the depot interface and mark anything you want to trade so the byorfs haul it up to the flea market. you still have to manually go into the depot and haggle a deal but the interface for that isn't actually all that bad by df standards so you can probably figure it out

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay yob fortress pals, i'm going to try and finish off my year today. i apologize for the pace of posting but one, i'm a goof.
two, i've been learning to play as i've been playing. the amount of time it took me to carve the initial bar space vs figuring out how to make legendary mittens and craft tables and stop yaks from starving is kinda funny.

anyways, the bar is named "Bring Your Own Beard"

i should also mention i've done some stuff i have not posted about. just like setting up crafting of stuff i needed, you know, thrones, etc.

also, i did some justice by accident. oops?

hmmm... i think that's it for textdumpdate imma get to actual game posts

FreshCutFries

while we wait for the final moments of year 3 (will a cup ever be made????) i'll throw out that we still need a volunteer for year 4!

FreshCutFries

catching up on the stuff i can't read on my phone and

"Dreams of creating a great work of art, and this dream was realized."

whjat did i make????!?

Heather Papps

hello friend

FreshCutFries posted:

catching up on the stuff i can't read on my phone and

"Dreams of creating a great work of art, and this dream was realized."

whjat did i make????!?

so when i started my year the masterpiece craftsdwarvespieces were kinda rare and notable, now the highest quality mittens and crowns are being produced regularly.
is there some way i can check specifically?

also, i switched over medical dwarf because it was overwhelming the other one, and then this happened

we are in late august, i got busy and very sleepy last night and didn't post the stuff i'd planned toooooo ooooooppppsssss

Heather Papps

hello friend

a lot more notifications then in the spring

it's late fall currently i think.

oh... wait, okay so there are way more dwarfs i think i need to build more bedrooms? hmmmm.

bring your own beard is bustling!

Heather Papps

hello friend

lots of masterpieces up in here

lol

this just means they make a very nice thing, right?

yup.

lots of statues of hihohe

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 4, 2019

FreshCutFries

spicy

Heather Papps posted:

this just means they make a very nice thing, right?

they create an artifact! and this one isn't a possession, so we'll get a master whatever out of it. i assumed my dwarf's great work of art was an artifact, but I'm not sure if that's triggered by masterpieces.

Heather Papps

hello friend

so many animal pals!

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
how's your fps doing??

Heather Papps

hello friend

Angry Diplomat posted:

how's your fps doing??

not bad. sometimes i'm playing music, or doing photoshop stuff in between posts and the game stutters, but if i just shift focus to another window and wait for a few moments, or minutes, it wakes back up and once the gears start grinding again it runs totally fine. sometimes tho' there is so much stuff crammed into one space it can be a little chaotic.

Dungeon Ecology

Angry Diplomat posted:

how's your fps doing??

have the game devs figured out multi-thread processing for DF yet, or are we still just hammering a single core?

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm gonna slow down updates till we have a volunteer. there is a list, but also, what this whole thing has taught me is that this is a fun game, and it's actually less complicated than i had thought initially, especially with tiles and the launcher apps. the therapist is a gamechanger, truly.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Heather Papps posted:

also, i switched over medical dwarf because it was overwhelming the other one, and then this happened

Friendly tip: these messages are often a sign that someone is trapped and unable to reach food and drink. It could be a locked door or a ramp that isn't working right. Sometimes a dwarf will get scared and climb a tree or a wall and then not be able or willing to climb back down without help.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Facebook Aunt posted:

Friendly tip: these messages are often a sign that someone is trapped and unable to reach food and drink. It could be a locked door or a ramp that isn't working right. Sometimes a dwarf will get scared and climb a tree or a wall and then not be able or willing to climb back down without help.

i found him, he's just bummed. i guess being the diagnoser causes burnout cause i've already swapped the role once due to stress. he was in his room just being a sadboi. he eventually got up and ate, i just need to pick a new dwarf who is maybe specifically suited to the role to be diagnosedwarf

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Heather Papps posted:

i found him, he's just bummed. i guess being the diagnoser causes burnout cause i've already swapped the role once due to stress. he was in his room just being a sadboi. he eventually got up and ate, i just need to pick a new dwarf who is maybe specifically suited to the role to be diagnosedwarf

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

this game is shockingly realistic. in my social work classes we talked about compassion fatigue, which is like, being burnt out from caring too much, or experiencing overmuch second hand trauma.

not a feature i would have expected but i mean, that's the whole game.